Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,215 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (17856 Views)

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by baralatie(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2023
grin
Still spending the old notes here in Lagos
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by xjiggy: 10:25am On Feb 15, 2023
Still collecting in Lagos though I don't have any.
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by dankorode(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2023
hart12:
This is as of yesterday, have you tried spending them today?
exactly! can you imagine the person that collect it from hand yesterday rejected it this morning
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Illegal1(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2023
Here in yenagoa,sum people are still accepting it while sum don't,..

bt dis mrn own worst,nobody wn gree collect...
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by reddingtonblack: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2023
acewines:
I've stopped collecting old notes

And I'm waiting for the police to arrest me

As people said the police are arresting those who won't collect it.. na police open business for me

Police arresting you should be the least of your worries, have you considers the losses low patronage will have on your business.

There are few new notes in circulation,so business that want to thrive on new naira notes will suffer low patronage. people will rather treck 5km to where they can spend there old notes jejely.

6 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by IamR: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2023
judgementyard:
Nnewi, Anambra is still accepting the old notes.
Awka too
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by mordred44: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2023
Some places in Owerri still accept the old notes.... places like Naze,amausa Douglas, ezeakiri and human race
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by holocron: 10:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Nairaland is full of paid political trolls. The cacophony they make on this site cannot allow genuine opinions to filter through. It's a pity.

7 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by dankorode(m): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2023
christejames:
In Benue, after the circular from CBN yesterday most people are now rejecting the old notes...

I went round feeling stations today trying to buy fuel with the old notes with me but could not, I later saw a lady selling engine oil 🛢 who agreed to collect, I used the whole note to buy oil 😔
Shai! you don scam the lady

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Elsueno: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2023

That seized to be legal tender since 10th of February, anybody accepting it is own his own.. Supreme court can't do shyt... Submit ur old notes for now to d CBN B4 dat window closes as well.

Forget d governors & thier bullshyt, what they categorically want is "OLD NAIRA TO BE IN CIRCULATION'' Probably cause they have soo much stashed & can't take it d Bank or CBN without getting flagged...If they really cared, they would have talk about making new notes readily available

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by folyrel(f): 10:29am On Feb 15, 2023
No mind those lieing old notes is no longer collected. Where they wan see new notes? It is collected almost everywhere
Georgry:
grin

Here in Auchi, old naira is still accepted everywhere, I withdraw 10k old naira yesterday from pos and I spent about 8k in the market same yesterday, make una dey play.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Skills10: 10:33am On Feb 15, 2023
Chai. Nigerians. we too get mouth.

Tissue Paper. lol

Pascal9:
yesterday ,well the remaining 2k in your hand is now tissue paper
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by BossGerald: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2023
Sammy07:

Yeah, some accepted it, while others don't

I used the old #500 with me to buy Koko (Pap) and akara this morning

Imagine, pap and Ankara #500 and suffer never tire you, you still dey support Apc drug pusher from iragbiji

Poor ogbomoso boy tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by marlow1962(m): 10:37am On Feb 15, 2023
hart12:
This is as of yesterday, have you tried spending them today?
Yes, here in delta old notes are still valid.

If you say u no go accept old notes, you go lose customers asap.

New note will made available after the election, but for now Dem dy use citizens they play.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Police arresting you should be the least of your worries, have you considers the losses low patronage will have on your business.

There are few new notes in circulation,so business that want to thrive on new naira notes will suffer low patronage. people will rather treck 5km to where they can spend there old notes jejely.

We have no option bro

CBN gave from today till 17th to deposit it

Why sell when I can't use the money

Make I get more patronage and enough sales, at the end of the day, the banks won't collect it and where we buy from distributors, they don't collect it,what's the gain in that

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by correctguy101(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

We told you. Enugu stopped accepting old not on 9th February but you were praising El Rufai and Tinubu over oluwole supreme Court judgement.

Hope there's enough new naira notes in Enugu?
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by blowjohn(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2023
Georgry:
grin

Here in Auchi, old naira is still accepted everywhere, I withdraw 10k old naira yesterday from pos and I spent about 8k in the market same yesterday, make una dey play.

U withdraw from POS or bank 🏧?
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Sammy07: 10:41am On Feb 15, 2023
BossGerald:

Imagine, pap and Ankara #500 and suffer never tire you, you still dey support Apc drug pusher from iragbiji

Poor ogbomoso boy tongue

Ode leleyi.
And if I ask you to show your bank account balance, you won't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Quamone: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
In my part of Lagos it remains a valid legal tender

I still have wads of old Naira notes

Which part of Lagos do you reside?
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by machote: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Blind man don receive sight to differentiate old not from new note?
The corruption in the society is just so much that even beggars follow join.
Everybody is just corrupt.
You said it right. While going to work this morning, I met this POS guy who is also selling airtime. Before approaching him, I sighted his hands with a lot of old naira notes. I said let me buy N500 mtn card. I brought out the old currency, he said he won't collect. But this is the same person who is ready to give out old naira notes to the people if they do pos transaction with him.

What the hell is happening??

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by BossGerald: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Sammy07:

Ode leleyi.
And if I ask you to show your bank account balance, you won't.

Hahahaha🤣🤣

Abeg how your people for ogbomoso grin
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Seankhalifa: 10:44am On Feb 15, 2023
I still dey accept... anybody wan give me grin

1 Like

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by justcallmenuel(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2023
Na only bike guys dey accept am for my area o
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Holyvet(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2023
We're accepting the old notes here in Oghara except Rain Oil filling stations
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by yemex04(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Here is Ota Ogun State, I still spent it this morning for Transportation.. In reality there are no new Notes in circulation & if u refuse to collect it,it is like inviting hunger.. because u will not be patronized.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Jnrprince1(m): 10:50am On Feb 15, 2023
FreedomArmy:
Yes tinubu urchines are still accepting it here in iragbiji town. Infact you must bring old Naira note to marry one of their daughters.
Obigot
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by BamakSNR(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

We told you. Enugu stopped accepting old not on 9th February but you were praising El Rufai and Tinubu over oluwole supreme Court judgement.
So obeying court order is now dependent on who gave the judgement and who is the judgement against.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Dajugba: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2023
In Ikotun area of Lagos, Synagogue stree and environ, I went there yesterday I tried to use some Pos agents, they gave me outrageous chargers firstly. I decided use the old note with me and get stuff, I was told as at yesterday starting from today they will not take old note as from today.

As at this morning I have 6500 with me, I tried to get stuff for my wife, I was told they don't take old note. I had to send my wife to the market to use it so it won't be useless. Hopefully she get who will take it from her.
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by correctguy101(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2023
reddingtonblack:

This is the real problem @ the bolded.

Yet, the eediots are not discussing how to make enough new naira notes for circulation, they're just wasting time on irrelevant issues like deadline and blah blah blah. If the new notes are in circulation, it won't take three weeks for almost all the old notes to leave the streets. Money like blood in the body has always been about circulation. The new notes are not in circulation yet they're rejecting the old notes.

This is just strangling businesses and the livelihood of the entire citizenry. And I find it hard to believe this eediots don't already know about this. angry

Even banks that are rejecting the old notes are not dispensing new notes, smh. What a joke... tongue

The country should just shut down make we see road. angry angry

1 Like

Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by reddingtonblack: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2023
acewines:

We have no option bro

CBN gave from today till 17th to deposit it

Why sell when I can't use the money

Make I get more patronage and enough sales, at the end of the day, the banks won't collect it and where we buy from distributors, they don't collect it,what's the gain in that

Then your main concern now should be how you can keep can your business afloat cos low patronage is detrimental to business survival and whether you sell or you no sell you have to pay rent, pay staff and pay levies ....

If you want to sit n watch for how long before that money you rely on enter red. we must unite against them that is the power of one people
Re: New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by EdiskyHarry: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2023
In Akwa ibom no one is collecting again o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Transportation Business In Lagos / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo / N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.