Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17680 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial aspirant in Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo, Wednesday, said he will take every necessary steps to ensure that the state becomes the Dubai of Nigeria.

Fielding questions from newsmen at the end of the consultation by the leadership of the PDP with all the 47 gubernatorial aspirants of the party at the national secretariat in Abuja, Soludo stated that he has what it takes to turn Anambra State into Dubai if given the chance to be the party flag bearer in the next year gubernatorial election.

Soludo, who is the immediate past governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), explained that he has been in politics since early 80s, stressing that he had prepared psychologically and mentally to take over the mantle of leadership of the state.

According to the former CBN governor, “it is saddening that a state like Anambra who parades a lot of notable personalities in Nigeria who could be reduced to its present state”.

On the rumour that the leadership of the PDP and the presidency has endorsed his candidature, Soludo stated that he is not a believer of consensus. Adding that it will be in his interest and the interest of the state if everybody could be allowed to go for the primaries so that the best candidate could emerge.

Earlier, in his remark, the National Chairman of PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor explained that the consultation with the aspirants becomes necessary in order to find a common ground for all the participants.

According to Ogbulafor, there is no wisdom in having 47 aspirants jostling for only one ticket and that it will be in the interest of the party if the contestants could agree on how to go about the election without heating up the polity.

In his address, the Chairman of the screening committee and governor of Benue State, Mr. Gabriel Suswan appealed to the contestants to play the game according to the laid down rules and regulations.

http:///index.php/nigeria_politics_africa_politics_global_politics/2552.html
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
"As I destroyed Nigerian Banks while at CBN, I will do same in Anambra Govt House". That should have been his Manifesto! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by udezue(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2009
hhhhhmmmmmmm
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by blacksta(m): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2009
Enjoyment1:

"As I destroyed Nigerian Banks while at CBN, I will do same in Anambra Govt House". That should have been his Manifesto! grin grin grin grin

He who has failed with little is about to destroy much
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by blacksta(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
Dubai is probably the size Anambra it took the well focused sheikh 25 years and still ongoing to make dubai what it is today and Soludo wants to do it in 4 years

1 Like

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by lawrence83: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2009
ok, hav hed u!
that's ur next plan ryt?
he has jst declared how is going to loot more money from the coffers of the government.
and where is going to send the money to!
Soludo, wish u gudluck.
In my country, looting is not a big deal.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by mustafar1: 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2009
Charlie! LET THE POLITICAL LIES AND EMPTY PROMISES BEGIN!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by udezue(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
He can't make Anambra into any freaking Dubai in 4 or 8yrs. Lets be realistic biko but he can start by 1st working with Delta state in particular and other states in the East to dredge River Niger and establish a seaport which will benefit Asaba capital (Airport) and Onitsha markets immensely. Like a domino effect other areas will feel it. Also to make Anambra close to a Dubai u 1st have to deal with lack of electricity so he should look towards Enugu state to rebuild the Oji power plant. This will improve security in Anambra and the EAST. Anambra is destined to be great if its people and leaders are ready to think realistically. Aba already got power plant that is not yet complete so there are options. Aba will have to get the plant powered by oil from either abia, imo, or rivers. I prefer Enugu coz Enugu got coal and we won't have to deal with oil politics. Its time for us to depend less on oil.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Pataki: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
What an ironical statement from Soludo. It will be an intellectual insult on the sanity of educated Anambra citizens if Soludo ever becomes their governor.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by udezue(m): 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
Seriously. Do we look like Aboki to him? grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by ScanLess: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
Enjoyment1:

"As I destroyed Nigerian Banks while at CBN, I will do same in Anambra Govt House". That should have been his Manifesto!  grin grin grin grin

Pls, can you explain how he destroyed Nigerian banks while in CBN .  is he responsible for the alleged frauds being practiced within the commercial banks, have you (and Sanusi) even been able to prove that the banks are distressed?

Soludo has more than what it takes to change Anambra for the better, so say what you know or keep your mouth shut for good.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
Without any doubt, even a blind man if well briefed, will feel grin grin grin how a CBN governor who signed all the reports from these banks, did not check the authenticity of these so called audited reports. This is a straight forward thing: check all you have as deposits, or shareholders funds, as against every single claim by these banks. That is the commonest way to describe it to a lay man understanding. It is obvious, he was a member of a cabal, who wanted my hard earned cash trapped in our banks.

God I thank you grin grin grin grin.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2009
I must add, where your subordinates fails to do their work, as designated, then it means, you are not capable of sitting on that exaulted position. Let him own up to these facts. We face all these in our offices daily.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
Folks learn to dream big and stop being cynical

Onitsha is already about the Dubai of Africa except the it has not gotten the Government support it needs to take it to the next level.

What is Dubai? a free trade zone which do not necessarily manufacture anything but was able to create a trade hub and a transit point for all goods both from Asia and the West. And then lately they have exploited the resultant traffic to dubai to boost their tourism industry.

What is Onitsha? Its already a prominent city known for its trade and commerce arround Africa and most importantly its also has a direct access to the Atlantic ocean. With the right Government support Onitsha can be a free trade zone and can be taken to the next level.
And yes this will take time but it must begin someday.

When somebody says they will make Onitsha the Dubai of Africa, I dont think they mean their must be Airports built with Gold, or their must be Sheiks wearing long robes all arround.
It is just a mission which some small plans must be put in place to start and we have to start from somewhere.

And ignore the rubbish about Soludo destroyed banks, the truth about the latest made-up banking crisis is already unfolding as Sanusi has made comments which are pointers to his thinking which resulted in the banking crisis.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2009
Lastly, when you want to engage in any discussion, it is adviseable you are factual and dont put sentiments before you. Soludo failed, please admit it. Abi you be him broda? shocked shocked shocked.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Onlytruth(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2009
I don't like this "Dubai vision" for Anambra State. Our skills demographics is more like Japan or Israel. If he speaks about setting up world class scientific research and production hub, or industrial and special skills hub, those would be more appropriate. I know many Anambra people based overseas who are yearning for such environment in the East. To achieve that of course power supply must be the first priority.
Dubai is just an international market and goods exchange. Nothing more. I want to bring home certain specialized skills industries which should be the first in Africa. It can originate in Anambra and spread to Imo and Enugu and others. Our future is technology. I hope all these governorship aspirants know that!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Onlytruth(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2009
Currently our people simply trade but I know many of them who will happily abandon their shops if they could get jobs in assembly lines earning fixed livable incomes. Some of them are even graduates. So we need a paradigm shift. Let's create a new economy in the East that is tech based. The traders can continue, but the state will be rich from tax money flowing from these scientific centers of excellence. This is even bigger than oil by far. Go ask Israel!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Onlytruth(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
Heck! Maybe it's time I go contest for the damn thing myself!   grin grin cool
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
I must say, I dont care about who becomes the next Governor of Anambra, but whoever that have failed in the western world, doesnt aspire to hold any public post again. In Nigeria today, it is a do-or-die affair, and it is becoming very dangerous. Sentiments have really beclouded our sense of reasoning.

Anambra today, was supposed to be very highly industralised state or zone, but the likes of some of the posters here, will never see anything wrong, in a failure, coming out again for another office to destroy.

Please, let whoever has the people at heart, win the election and take the state away from where it is today. Please leave sentiment out of this, please.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2009
Roflmao!!! What is with this fixation with Dubai now? Is Dubai the latest trend? LoL. He has not even spoken of working on the very basic issues, he is already talking of making the state Dubai? O ga ooo!!!! Polistealants and their ways of romancing the gullible!!!!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Onlytruth(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2009
This Dubai idea if fishy. I like Soludo, though I prefer Ngige.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by mustafar1: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2009
Kobojunkie, talk of dubai can fix anything. wasnt it wat was used to hypnotize people before they got fleeced by their Governor from 1999 till 2007. it worked well so why change the formular.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
The man never even explain how he will go from what we have today to his Dubai dream and folks are already throwing in their vote for him. Na wa oo!!!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
Enjoyment1

If you want a thread about Soludo's records as CBN Governor, please do well to start a thread on that.
But if its about the forthcoming election in Anambra forget it, Anambra people are simply not paying attention to the made-up crisis going on in the banking sector.

By the way can I also inform you that each time you speculate on my being Soludo's brother because I believe in the man, you only confirm that the only way you hold the view u hold is because you are either a brother of Sanusi or a brother of Anti-Consolidation forces who want to take over 5 banks through the back door.

If you accuse me of being a trabalist for supporting Soludo, you are only telling us that you can only be a tribalist for holding the adverse opinion you hold and are of the tribe of the people who's view you support.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Onlytruth(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
Enjoyment1:

I must say, I dont care about who becomes the next Governor of Anambra, but whoever that have failed in the western world, doesnt aspire to hold any public post again. In Nigeria today, it is a do-or-die affair, and it is becoming very dangerous. Sentiments have really beclouded our sense of reasoning.

Anambra today, was supposed to be very highly industralised state or zone, but the likes of some of the posters here, will never see anything wrong, in a failure, coming out again for another office to destroy.

Please, let whoever has the people at heart, win the election and take the state away from where it is today. Please leave sentiment out of this, please.

Soludo never failed in the western world. He never even failed in Nigeria! So what the f*ck are you talking about?
Without sentiment, you cannot love anyone including yourself, because love is emotional. So we need sentiment sometimes!
Like I said, I prefer Ngige.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
Well then, I guess you know the capability of Soludo, which I am not putting to test, but I was only using the international standard to back my claims. If the people of Anambra sees him to be their Saviour and he is going to live up to his rating, who am I to be-little him. If it is Ngige, so let it be. But I am neither a relative of Sanusi, neither am I against him. The end shall justify the means. grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
As for Sanusi, I dont sees light at the end of the tunnel. Back to Soludo, I just want who will reposition the state. The state has enjoyed too much publicity. If he can do it, then I wish him well.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
Onlytruth:

Soludo never failed in the western world. He never even failed in Nigeria! So what the f*ck are you talking about?
Without sentiment, you cannot love anyone including yourself, because love is emotional. So we need sentiment sometimes!
Like I said, I prefer Ngige.

Ignore the guy

What he does not recognise is that in the west Sanusi would have by now announced his own set of policies to improve the Nigerian economy rather than playing politics.

We have seen it all before, when you have no ideas of your own, you attack other people's records.

Aliyu Modibbo did it with El-Rufai - He failed
Waziri is doing it with Ribadu - She is failing
Yar'adua is doing it with Obj - He is failing

When all this bruhaha settles we will come back to the drawing board and someone will realise that sacking 5 bank MDs in one day is'nt and was never a macro-economic index.
We have a very young economy that needs wise heads to nurture not hot heads and marxists.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Eziachi: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
Useless and shameless Nigerian ruling elite. Just like others before him, once it was Malaysia that is their reference point of development and now it's Dubai. When they were busy over the years calling themselves big meaningless names like "Giant of Africa" Dubai and it nation state was a wothless desert arable unknown land but had been transformed through careful planning and clear objective.

This poeple has no shame, today it's Dubai, tomorrow its going to be Accra, Senkondi or Kumasi, they will be shamelessly aiming to become.

Long live Biafra
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by OvieE: 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
I never believe in any politician. They lie their way in. Useless----Useless.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by lewa(m): 12:09am On Sep 25, 2009
Charles Chukwuma Soludo should be in prison.In any society, a sane one that is, his arse ought to be thrown into a pit.
See the mess in the Financial Sector.The 'Prof' told us we were immune from the global economic meltdown.
Then went on later to say that the banks were well capitalized enough to withstand any duress.
The man is a fraud, Dubai ko Saudi ni, what a slowpoke.
In any decent country he should have been a subject of interest for financial regulators.
He was a mistake in the financial sector,what would he be to the good people of Anambra?
Where is the money he is spending coming from?
The Code of Conduct Bureau should investigate his finances, pre his public service and post that.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by udezue(m): 12:10am On Sep 25, 2009
Onlytruth,
Na power supply be our main problem. Once that is taken care off I see no reason why we cant move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

1xbet I’m Not Receiving SMS During A Withdrawal. What Can I Do? / BUA Reopens BUA Ports And Terminals For Business / Valentine’s Day: Nigerians Spend N30bn On Gifts, Luxury Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.