Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 (732 Views)

President Buhari To Address Nigerians By 7am, January 1 2021 / Address Nigerians On Coronavirus - Senate To Buhari / Buhari To Address Nigerians At 7am Friday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by datopaper(m): 2:14am On Feb 16, 2023
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), will make a national broadcast to Nigerians on Thursday (today) at 7am.

This was made known in a press release late Wednesday, made available to The PUNCH, by the Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Femi Adesina.

The statement said, “Television, radio stations and other electronic media outlets are enjoined to hook up to the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority and Radio Nigeria for the broadcast.”

The reason for the broadcast or what would be addressed by the president

https://punchng.com/just-in-buhari-to-address-nigerians-7am-today/

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by adioolayi(m): 2:39am On Feb 16, 2023
Postpone elections...

Give more timeline on Naira redesign

These are the two major issues....but which one is the office of the President has the power to make pronouncement on

He is neither the INEC Chairman or CBN Governor..

We wait

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by checkmatez: 2:57am On Feb 16, 2023
They should have just phase out only old #500 and #1000 notes gradually but leave #10, #20, #50 and #200 notes while totally stopping the usage of #5, #100 notes.
#50 * 2 will give #100 so the #100 is already useless because most thing sold for #100 before is now pegged at #120.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by jabberjawz: 2:58am On Feb 16, 2023
He should getat......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:12am On Feb 16, 2023
I hope he is not going to say that he has delivered all the promise he made undecided

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by InfernoNig: 3:17am On Feb 16, 2023
I would have love to listen to this but I know he will say rubbish. Let me not waste my time.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by Inkling(f): 3:17am On Feb 16, 2023

BUHARI WILL CALM PEOPLE DOWN BUT INSIST ON CASHLESS POLICY.

HE WILL ALSO ASSURE EVERYONE OF FREE AND FAIR ELECTION BUT TRUST POLITICIANS AT YOUR OWN PERIL

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by MrALIVE: 3:52am On Feb 16, 2023
adioolayi:
Postpone elections...

Give more timeline on Naira redesign

These are the two major issues....but which one is the office of the President has the power to make pronouncement on

He is neither the INEC Chairman or CBN Governor..

We wait
postpone election Why
Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 16, 2023
Alright
Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by owem19(m): 4:11am On Feb 16, 2023
Getat joor
Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 16, 2023
Front page mode ✅✅✅

As an expert in the economy,here are what I can deduce from the whole Naira swap saga and petrol scarcity based on the assumption that it doesn’t target any politician or political party or aimed at the coming stopping vote buying general elections.

* The swap has reduced the quantity of black/bad money in circulation. Bad or black money according to the economists entails money not circulated in the economy or stuckup by the politicians. The CBN has complained severally that billions of Naira which amount to over 70% of money supply are not in use or in circulation in one of their release recently and this adversely affects the economy.

* The increase in the value of our Naira. This can be seen as Naira are now being traded and sorted for daily activities for any amount of exchange. The POS agents have been charging ridiculous amount for withdrawals recently which has been condemned by the CBN and the Federal govt but little did they know this same cash was sold to them from the bank at a rate before they could withdraw . Naira now has become gold thereby increasing the value of the Naira or purchasing power.

* This Naira swap policy with reduce drastically the inflation rate which stands now at double digit. The inflation rate as published last week was standing at an all time high of 22%. This policy is aimed at reducing the inflationary rate on one side, and on the other side,mopping out excess cash in the economy thereby,increasing the value of Naira or purchasing power. This in turn,reduces the current inflation and with time, prices of things will begin to fall.

* The govt has succeeded in regulating the price of PMS. Formerly,it sold around #500-1000 in January but now, I can confirm authoritatively that the prices have reduced by 50% all over the country. I bought petrol at the rate of 240/liter yesterday and sooner,the rate will soon further crash.

* With prices of things in checked, the govt should also come out to regulate the prices of essentials other than the price of petrol. As seen that the price of petrol is down by 50% at least, NURTW,the traders in the market still refused to reduce the prices of their goods and services despite decrease in pump price. I am expecting Buhari through his minister of transport and the counterpart in trade & investment should look into the arbitrary prices of commodities and other essentials in the country whose prices are still trading unregulated.

I am looking forward for the government to make a stand on the above issues which will show they are working to ensure the masses recover from the current hardship and the economy as well.👍👍👍✅✅
Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by bewla(m): 5:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Ele je new
Re: JUST IN: Buhari To Address Nigerians 7am Today 16th February 2023 by Mynd44: 5:24am On Feb 16, 2023

(1)

LP Obi Refuse To Endorse Edeoga Over His Failure In The Ministry Of Environment / Lagos After Tinubu- Who Will Be Next Emperor Of Lagos State? / 'Stay Indoors If You Won’t Vote APC,’ Fadeyi Thugs Threaten Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.