Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area (413 Views)

CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks / Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays / Senators Worried Over COVID-19 Status Of 35 Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Ken4Christ: 12:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
I listened to Mr President this morning and his directives on the naira swap issue. I was disappointed because he didn't consider many things. In addition, the process of depositing the old notes should be revised. People with a certain amount above a limit are the ones that should be made to fill form. They shouldn't suffer the common man because of the sin of so called big men.

In any case, please post the status of the banks in your area. By status, I mean;

1. Are they opened for business?
2. Are the ATM dispensing new notes or the said old 200 notes.
3. Are they paying from the counter?

I made this post so that our leaders including Mr President will know the true status of what is going on in Nigeria.

Please, state, the bank and location.

I really thought Mr President should have waited for the cash to get to the banks in good quantity before giving such directive.

Waiting for your response.
Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by SmartPolician: 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Stop blaming the president but yourself for carrying old notes. We had ample time to return that useless currency. From 31st January, it was extended to February 10th. Yet, you still carry that cash about.

It's unfortunate that we have grown to see this country as a lawless place where government officials make laws, and citizens don't take them seriously, hoping that it will be extended. This is the only logical explanation for carrying old naira notes beyond the February 10th deadline.

2 Likes

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by aylive02(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Urchins have turned the country upside down like their own life

2 Likes

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Sammy07: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stop blaming the president did carrying old notes. We had ample time to return that useless currency. From 31st January, it was extended to February 10th. Yet, you still carry that cash about.

It's unfortunate that we have grown to see this country as a lawless place where government officials make laws, and citizens don't take them seriously, hoping that it will be extended. This is the only logical explanation for carrying old naira notes beyond the February 10th deadline.

It's so unfortunate that Nairaland mods will ban me if I curse your generation using Ikale Ayelala.

What type of nonsense are you saying?
Do you know the hardship Nigerians are facing?

After depositing the old notes, where are the new notes?

In many communities in Ondo South there are no banks. They will have to travel down to town about 2hrs, are you the one to pay for their expenses?

Why are you this Fo.....ol...ish, shey ori e gba.....le ni?
Abi what nonsense is coming out your mouth?

That you have access to transfer easily does that mean everyone has access to it?

Some communities in Ondo south no get light since about 12 years now, so they will be using transfers where there is no network?

Will you be the one to pay for their transport fare if they made transfers and it doesn't get delivered yet they are being debited?

Is your No 7 working at all?

Are you really making use of your brain?
No one is against the policy.

The implementation and time frame is too short.

Have you been to market recently and see if they have been making profit?

What is your state of origin?

The nonsense you typed up there, they no born you to say it offline. Forming woke online.

So all your family members and friends have gotten the new notes

3 Likes

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by XerXers: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stop blaming the president did carrying old notes. We had ample time to return that useless currency. From 31st January, it was extended to February 10th. Yet, you still carry that cash about.

They were busy hailing El Rufai while we queued to deposit our old notes before deadline.

1 Like

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by XerXers: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sammy07:

It's so unfortunate that Nairaland mods will ban me if I curse your generation using Ikale Ayelala.

In many communities in Ondo South and Ondo North, there are no banks. They will have to travel town to town about 2hrs, are you the one to pay for their expenses?

That you have access to transfer easily does that mean everyone has access to it?

Some communities in Ondo south no get light since about 12 years now, so they will be using transfers where there is no network?

Will you be the one to pay for their transport fare if they made transfers and it doesn't get delivered yet they are being debited?

Is it not your darling Buhari who you voted to deal with igbos. At least you can't blame Emefiele again after today's broadcast by Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Sammy07: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
XerXers:

Is it not your darling Buhari who you voted to deal with igbos. At least you can't blame Emefiele again after today's broadcast by Buhari

and you and who voted for Buhari?

Didn't your Atiku won my state in 2019?

Why didn't you vote for Mogalu, Abi no be Atiku endorse Buhari? How come you voted for the man that endorse Buhari?
Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sammy07:

In many communities in Ondo South there are no banks. They will have to travel down to town about 2hrs, are you the one to pay for their expenses?

The nonsense you typed up there, they no born you to say it offline. Forming woke online.

We are facing the same in delta state communities.
Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Babalegba(m): 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sammy07:

Don't mind the fool. I gave up on Nigerians long ago when I realized that their i.q is below normal even after higher education. Fact of the matter is that the old note is what made Nigeria function for the past two weeks otherwise Nigeria would have had anarchy of biblical proportions and of international news standard.
Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Sammy07: 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
We are facing the same in delta state communities.

The guy is saying trash.

E no fit say that nonsense where people queue for cash at the ATM
Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Sammy07: 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2023
Babalegba:
Don't mind the fool. I gave up on Nigerians long ago when I realized that their i.q is below normal even after higher education. Fact of the matter is that the old note is what made Nigeria function for the past two weeks otherwise Nigeria would have had anarchy of biblical proportions and of international news standard.

I just feel like slapping him offline.

See what OAU students are passing through

Re: Post The Status Of Commercial Banks In Your Area by Ken4Christ: 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stop blaming the president but yourself for carrying old notes. We had ample time to return that useless currency. From 31st January, it was extended to February 10th. Yet, you still carry that cash about.

There are several reasons why someone still has old notes.

1. Difficulties in getting the new notes and you need cash for urgent needs which cannot be done online.

2. Someone already has perishable goods to sell and if you don't collect the old cash, you will suffer huge loss.

I was to attend a service of Songs yesterday and I had no physical cash.

All the POS points in my entire area have no cash either.

The only one that had cash had old cash. And I even had to borrow money to get to the location to withdraw a few of the old notes.

So, what is my fault here?

You are probably single with no responsibility. Maybe you are still being fed by your parents.

(1) (Reply)

Naira Scarcity: Understanding El-rufai's Rants Against Buhari / El Rufai Has Too Many Skeletons To Be Instigating Rebellion Against FG / Peanut coating machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.