Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Jason123:yorubas Own All The Land In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jason123:yorubas Own All The Land In Ondo (648 Views)

Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / How Jonathan Lands In Otuoke And How Buhari Intends To Land In Daura / Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

Jason123:yorubas Own All The Land In Ondo by musiwa48: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
jason123:Yorubas own all the land in ondo state. even in warri, the itsekiri own all the land. You see, let me tell you the history. When people come to yorubaland. according to yoruba culture we give them an "ago" to sleep. In ondo state, the ijaw came to fish, the Yorubas gave them Ago. It is not only Ijaw that are immigrate to ondo state or in warri area. You have the Uhrobo and Igbirra people. they too have ago. Even white people who came too where put in ago. That why you have Ago Oyibo. Which means the village of white people. It is common to gone to any yoruba state and still find ago oyibo. it tell you this are places where they kept the white people.

In some case , the Yorubas will name the Ago after the person or tribe he comes from. Like Ago isobo( Uhrobo) . Ago Okoro ( We call Igbo people Okoro) Every Igboman in Yorubaland is refer to as Okoro. This is how those name evolve. Even warri are. If you look at forcados , the owners are the Itsekiri people. In 1984 or 84 or there about. The Ijaw burn down villages belonging to Itsekiri and ilaje people. so that they can take over the land. I remember one ilaje village then in farcados that was burn down. If I remember the name. I will post it.

Even if you look at old court decision between Uhrobo and Itsekiri about forcados . You discover, the fight was between Uhrobo people and Itsekiri people. and not Ijaw people.

The ijaw people are nomadic people because they are fishermen and they need to fish in coastal area. Which is why you are confused who own which land.

i dont know why you spreed ethnic hate jason.

In-law Of Slain Boko Haram Leader Who Met President Obasanjo Is Assasinated / You Got It Wrong, Mr. President —acn / Yoruba Set Pace For Others In Second Republic —adegoke

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8