Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

How To Survive Naira Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Survive Naira Scarcity (330 Views)

Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira Scarcity / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / Nigerians Need Cash Now – Osinbajo Speaks On Naira Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive Naira Scarcity by ruffhandu: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2023
I strongly urge everyone in the cities to exercise caustion. Do not be involved in any protest, it may claim your own head. Come to even think of it, cashless policy was introduced many years ago, it baffling that Nigerians still feel this way. I expected uproar from the villages alone, not the cities.

Simply avoid the use of cash, and by that, you need only little to survive. Do ALL permissible transaction electronically. It may involve only shopping for food items from big store and malls, which is far better than buying naira exorbitantly. You may suspend some luxuries and some diets for now if they cannot be aquired using electronic payment. You may have to go a long distance to transact, this is just a phase.

This is a situation we are in and pressure will increase untill elections. If Buhari bows to pressure, the politicians have won. But if he can hold on till after the elections, I tell, the agitation will die naturally.

This is one of the 'credible elections' Buhari promised. He is doing everything to get this right. if He does, he will retire fulfilled feeling that at least this may the only gift he gave to Nigerians. but if he fails, he may forever be feeling like a failure.

Just be wise and enter survival mode. This is nothing for those who have experienced kidnapping and armed robbery in Nigeria.

This too shall pass.
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by MrSensor(m): 9:33am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
I strongly urge everyone in the cities to exercise caustion. Do not be involved in any protest, it may claim your own head.
Only a dictator can send such warning as an advice.
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by MrSensor(m): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by Cherish233: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2023
It is not easy as said bro.
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by ruffhandu: 9:44am On Feb 17, 2023
Cherish233:
It is not easy as said bro.
I perfectly understand, na survival mode everybody suppose enter, how can it be easy.
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by Speakz: 9:44am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:

This is a situation we are in and pressure will increase untill elections. If Buhari bows to pressure, the politicians have won. But if he can hold on till after the elections, I tell, the agitation will die naturally.

The politicians have always won Sir.

This won't be any different
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by phorget(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
I strongly urge everyone in the cities to exercise caustion. Do not be involved in any protest, it may claim your own head.

Simply avoid the use of cash, and by that, you need only little to survive. Do ALL permissible transaction electronically. It may involve only shopping for food items from big store and malls, which is far better than buying naira exorbitantly. You may suspend some luxuries and some diets for now if they cannot be aquired using electronic payment. You may have to go a long distance to transact, this is just a phase.

This is one of the 'credible elections' Buhari promised. He is doing everything to get this right. if He does, he will retire fulfilled feeling that at least this may the only gift he gave to Nigerians. but if he fails, he may forever be feeling like a failure.

Just be wise and enter survival mode. This is nothing for those who have experienced kidnapping and armed robbery in Nigeria.

This too shall pass.

No they want to be carrying cash upandan. People who clamor for development but would rather remain in their old skin. Even snakes would shed it skin for a new growth but Nigerians will not.

People claiming unavailability of money dont really have shishi. Sane people have been transacting electronically using cards and transfers but Nigerians want ”cash”.

I have never been a fan of Buhari but I will give him a kudos on this particular policy. Who wan die make him die,developments and growth doesn't always come on a platter of gold.
Re: How To Survive Naira Scarcity by ruffhandu: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2023
Speakz:

The politicians have always won Sir.
This won't be any different
If they win, then Nigeria remains on it's trajectory. But Buhari thinks he can change that through some of his actions and policies.

(1) (Reply)

Climate Change. The Cause, What To Do And The Period / Five Political Parties Collapse Structure For Pdp's Atiku Abubakar / Who's Patrick Agbazue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.