Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Are There No Protests In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Protests In The North (1991 Views)

Obidients Family Please No Protests / Why Are There No Protests Against Killings In The South-East? / Why Are There No Protests In South East States? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Protests In The North by ruffhandu: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2023
i am just curious. Why is it only in the south that riots and protests are breaking out? Or are northerners not in Nigeria? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Ogilinsaka: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Cos they don't live flamboyant lifestyle

A table of sweet and chewing gum as business suffices to them

They don't have school fees to pay

They don't have house rent to pay

A plate of tuwo shinkafa da miyan taushe washed down with cold kunu is enough for the day

That's why no protest there.

You gerrit? If you don't gerrit, fogerrabout it

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Jashub: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Most northerners are seeing a bigger picture but the south is just intrested in being stupid

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Period007(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
i am just curious. Why is it only in the south that riots and protests are breaking out? Or are northerners not in Nigeria? Just curious.

Northern protest is only on religious basis or ethnicity

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Sergio101(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2023
South east too.

You know...... something is unfolding real hard

Northeners has always been known to transfer aggression directly.....like they hate you, they will attack you directly when they see you (they attacked bubu).

Meanwhile Igbos has always been loud..... while west will be in the middle.

But since after the end SARS.....things changed.

Igbos now play from within (middle men). While the west don't really know on which to follow.

Anyhow........I prefer the new settings.

It will be hard to call a certain set "wailers"again. Because they now play it more than the masters.

Except for issue of Unknown gunmen...... east has matured

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Blake755: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Lol Nigeria will always favor the north right here we dey trade old currency with aboki for new currencies the said they don't like the old currency because the can't differentiate it from the back one
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Urheadmaster(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2023
You'll agree that the north will follow las las

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Urchinpainer: 11:39am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:

99% of protests are instigated. Look closely there is no protest in the South East too. All the places witnessing protests are areas with politicians that have enough old money grin grin grin... The elite Urchins.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by 9jatriot(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2023
Their governors have already assured them that their naira old or new remains valid.

Las las, if all else fail, the government will collect it from them rather than them losing their money.

Let those who think they are doing Tinubu keep doing themself.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by 9jatriot(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2023
This is Peter Obi's support base, so even though there are one of the worst hit with this policy, they are hoping that it helps to favor their candidate.

If this had happened around this same time last year, they probably would have been the first to protest.
Urchinpainer:

99% of protests are instigated. Look closely there is no protest in the South East too. All the places witnessing protests are areas with politicians that have enough old money grin grin grin... The elite Urchins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Buhari4sale: 11:42am On Feb 17, 2023
I wan fvck

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Urchinpainer: 11:42am On Feb 17, 2023
9jatriot:
This is Peter Obi's support base, so even though there are one of the worst hit with this policy, they are hoping that it helps to favor their candidate.

If this had happened around this same time last year, they probably would have been the first to protest.

We are saying the same thing.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by KanwuliaExtra: 11:43am On Feb 17, 2023
Because the North understands the game changer. . . .

Las las. . . .APC go chop breakfast! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by MrSensor(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
in the north they don't protest, they kill. Protest is for the peaceful people expressing their concern, though sometimes it can lead to a violence and deaths.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Royal0: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2023
No single protest against Naira scarcity in the North. This is where cash transaction is more prevalent than electronic banking.This will make you understand that script is being played out.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Teetee777: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Northern will not protest because some governor has assured them that they should continue using old notes till Tinubu enters, so, he will change the policy.
Everybody now knows that Tinubu is fighting for the masses according to the governors. I believe that this Friday and next week Friday will be the game changer in the elections in the north where everybody will know who to vote for between Atiku and Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Xbox2005(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2023
The truth of the matter is that the north is calm because there is ongoing message from their leaders that the policy will be revert if they vote for tinubu.Although, some of them are sceptical about this

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by ruffhandu: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ogilinsaka:
Cos they don't live flamboyant lifestyle
A table of sweet and chewing gum as business suffices to them
They don't have school fees to pay
They don't have house rent to pay
A plate of tuwo shinkafa da miyan taushe washed down with cold kunu is enough for the day
That's why no protest there.
You gerrit? If you don't gerrit, fogerrabout it
I gerrit!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by ruffhandu: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Xbox2005:
The truth of the matter is that the north is calm because there is ongoing message from their leaders that the policy will be revert if they vote for tinubu.Although, some of them are sceptical about this
Really? That's an expensive cajoling game.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by ruffhandu: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jatriot:
Their governors have already assured them that their naira old or new remains valid.
Las las, if all else fail, the government will collect it from them rather than them losing their money.

I see.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Xbox2005(m): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:

Really? That's an expensive cajoling game.
bros I am in kano precisely.let me tell you the latest,they are going to use this in jum at prayers today and next friday.people are calm here believing that tinubu will reversed this.hes getting sympathy vote

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by mightykay(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
This is cos they didn't carry any money to the bank initially, they er with their old currency still trading with it and being promise that once tinubu wins he will revert the policy, so they don't need any protest.

It's South here that everybody has deposited his/her money in the bank but to get #5k from it is problem. There are still a lot of old notes in business and trading circulation in the North so no need to protest
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by NothingDoMe: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
Because there's no money there in the first place? Or maybe they have enough new notes. Lol
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by ruffhandu: 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Xbox2005:
bros I am in kano precisely.let me tell you the latest,they are going to use this in jum at prayers today and next friday.people are calm here believing that tinubu will reversed this.hes getting sympathy vote
So you mean northerners prefer Tinubu to Kwankwaso and Atiku?
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by AtikuOkowa: 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
How do you expect the region with highest IQ to protest agaist their librator and not understand the game?

Northerners knew some governors sold them to Tinubu and Buhari terminated the contract.

Kano,Kogi,Kaduna,Jigawa,Zamfara,Kebbi,Niger and Nassarawa are where Tinubu paid in cash

They hated APC and Tinubu,so the policy is an opportunity to punish APC.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by highchief1: 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:
end Sars no hood for north too.Aboki get as them take Dey.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by AtikuOkowa: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
mightykay:
This is cos they didn't carry any money to the bank initially, they er with their old currency still trading with it and being promise that once tinubu wins he will revert the policy, so they don't need any protest.

It's South here that everybody has deposited his/her money in the bank but to get #5k from it is problem. There are still a lot of old notes in business and trading circulation in the North so no need to protest

which North?

Nobody is collecting the old note now.

This result in reducing the inflation also in the North

Anyone is praising Buhari for terminating Governors contract of selling them to Tinubu
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by NothingDoMe: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:
How do you expect the region with highest IQ to protest agaist their librator and not understand the game?

Northerners knew some governors sold them to Tinubu and Buhari terminated the contract.

Kano,Kogi,Kaduna,Jigawa,Zamfara,Kebbi,Niger and Nassarawa are where Tinubu paid in cash

They hated APC and Tinubu,so the policy is an opportunity to punish APC.
Makes sense.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Ruggedniggaone: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
9jatriot:

liar!come to zaria to spend old note you will know that nobody trust the nonsense elrufai is saying
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by kcnwaigbo: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Teetee777:
Northern will not protest because some governor has assured them that they should continue using old notes till Tinubu enters, so, he will change the policy.
Everybody now knows that Tinubu is fighting for the masses according to the governors. I believe that this Friday and next week Friday will be the game changer in the elections in the north where everybody will know who to vote for between Atiku and Tinubu.

grin grin Oga Atiku is definitely winning the North stop dreaming
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by Xbox2005(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
ruffhandu:

So you mean northerners prefer Tinubu to Kwankwaso and Atiku?
let me you the truth atiku have no ground in kano.the only rival to tinubu is kwankwaso.
Re: Why Are There No Protests In The North by NothingDoMe: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Xbox2005:
Fake news @ Tinubu the savior. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Before The Final Fall Of Lagos - By Dapo Thomas / Until The SW States Have Deliberate Policies To Reduce The Migration Of The SE / Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.