Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes (58248 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Spherica177: 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
christejames:
Better but the notes are no longer legal tender
it is a legal tender from the directive of CBN

I can collect old notes as a business man and go deposit in any commercial banks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by atobs4real(m): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:
Cool, I'm going back to that place again tonight grin

The girls didn't collect old notes from customers last night. I need to fvck badly.
GO OOO. NA THANK GOD IS FRIDAY THINGS WE DEY
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Goke7: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
Wahala dey o, new money we no see and they still want to collect the old ones we have

only people who are not wise will give all their notes away. The madness will be over after elections, keep your old notes, they are still legal

2 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by debetmx(m): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

The girls didn't collect old notes from customers last night. I need to fvck badly.

Kindly sell Buhari ASAP and fvck badly.

Good luck.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by shegra58: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

where grin
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by jullybest(m): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Give us location
Buhari4sale:

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by kcnwaigbo: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ttalk:
They have no choice.

A win for the masses

A win for the progressives

A win for all that stood against the tyrant of Emefiele and Bubari.

Shame on all Mkpuru miri addicts

Shame on those that support the contempt of the judiciary

Shame on the fools that want the masses to suffer

Shame on every soul that supports this wicked policy of the government
Before you start shaming.This directives is supposed to expire today.Even if it will be extended,it would not go beyond Feb 24
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Tflex01: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
Meaning, old 500 and 1000 is still legal tender.

Something like that.

Because I can collect it if I know there is a channel through which I can still deposit it in my bank account even if it means I will fill a form.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Diligence: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
Meaning, old 500 and 1000 is still legal tender.

Do you HV filters in your ears and eyes. Why misinterpreting And misleading narratives? It doesn't pay to be mischievous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Aurelius1(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

Make sure you have a pack of condom with you. A cousin of mine just tested positive this morning. He has been crying and drinking himself to stupor ever since.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by newnigerdelta00: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

Foolish obidients,na only fvck owner sabi

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by pongwa(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
meglith1:

Source: https://punchng.com/breaking-cbn-orders-banks-to-collect-old-n500-n1000-notes/
fools everywhere
Educated fools
Illiterate fools
Of the above, the worst is educated fools. They claim to have the solution only to discover more problems after
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
tariwalters:
Orders flying here and there.
I swear. It's the season of order. Buhari order, Supreme Court order, CBN governor order, Aggrieved governors order.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Immune1(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Excess of #500,000 is a red flag and possibly money gotten from an illicit transaction. CBN well on track as this will ease pressure on CBN Banks but still track possible red flag transactions. The gains of this policy will be more visible when DSS and EFCC start tracking funds gotten through corruption from this exercise.

However the sad reality here is that CBN doesn't trust banks and that's disturbing for our economy. It shows that banks have some level of leverage when it comes to evading CBN guidelines.....this is something that must be addressed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by gfelo(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
very confused Emefiele and Buhari, why of all the precious time they choose to do this nonsense when voting for No 1 seat is abt to be conducted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by forgiveness: 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tflex01:

Something like that.

Because I can collect it if there I know there is a channel through which I can still deposit it in my bank account even if it means I will fill a form.

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by MartinsD12(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by IamAsiri: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
seunmsg:
CBN is simply trying to be clever by half since they know the governors are already ahead of them. If Banks are still collecting the old notes, then business can still collect them as legitimate means of exchange and then proceed to deposit same in banks.

This kind of policy summersault is what happens when you try to implement an illegal decision despite the order of the Supreme Court and the very obvious hardship that citizens are facing. Kudos to the courageous governors who have ordered their residents to continue to accept the old notes as means of exchange. They are the heroes this period. Big shame on all those who are supporting the suffering that Buhari and Emefiele are inflicting on Nigerians simply because of politics. After the election, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will reverse the inhuman policy.

I am sure that businesses will be smarter and would prefer to take transfers. Businesses cannot be that gullible...when it's not like they are running a bureau de change cool.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by enomakos(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
Meaning, old 500 and 1000 are still legal tender.
no
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by salesbloo: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
Spiritmask:

You can't generate the reference code more than once with your BVN, and you can't use the code for more than one deposit.
So if you like go to 500 banks

Who is even depositing it since there are no new naira notes. I will just spend it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Bhol28: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
CilicMarin:

Exactly.
Before Nko,Market women whose businesses have almost collapsed because of Emefile amateurish economic policy will be Happy now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Countdown(m): 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
seunmsg:
CBN is simply trying to be clever by half since they know the governors are already ahead of them. If Banks are still collecting the old notes, then business can still collect them as legitimate means of exchange and then proceed to deposit same in banks.

This kind of policy summersault is what happens when you try to implement an illegal decision despite the order of the Supreme Court and the very obvious hardship that citizens are facing. Kudos to the courageous governors who have ordered their residents to continue to accept the old notes as means of exchange. They are the heroes this period. Big shame on all those who are supporting the suffering that Buhari and Emefiele are inflicting on Nigerians simply because of politics. After the election, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will reverse the inhuman policy.

WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW IS THAT YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO DEPOSIT THE OLD NOTES ONCE VIA BVN. EVEN IF YOU HAVE 15 BANK ACCOUNTS, YOU CAN ONLY DEPOSIT ONCE. YOU THINK THE POLICY MAKERS ARE NOT SMART ABI?

1 Like

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by McGeorge1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nawa ooo.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
This implies our so called leaders are not thinkers, they only react to things that happen instead of looking ahead. This is the reason Africa will remain underdeveloped till the sound of the trumpet. Yoruba adage says ILE TABA FI ITO MO, EERI NIO WO. This policy was hill conceived hence, it's not only affecting the poor but the policy makers are now finding it hard to clean the mess it's generating

3 Likes

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by tempest01(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Good. .. Collect till turdsday next week. Last chance for the urchins supporting vote buyers and thieves
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by adeniyi65(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

They still wouldn't collect it.didnt you read with understanding? The notes remain outdated but they can be redeem by commercial banks through CBN portal.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by tolue42(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Thewrath:
Foolish people celebrating it as a win for tunubu,the process is still thesame,you still need a reference number from cbn to pay in and at max 500k….this is what the cbn wants,the aim is still on track to mop up all old notes before election.

Don't you think politician will start spending their old money next week, because masses will collect the old note from them, knowing fully well that bank will collect it last last.....

A win for masses and politicians

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by IamAsiri: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:

No, it isn't.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
tinubu wins again.. cheesy
untimely death locate obi and his family plus supporters.. amen
Avoiding Atiku not clever.
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari4sale:

so even ashes dey reject old notes shocked cheesy
Re: CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by tinsel: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
You have 60 days to deposit them. Who is not afraid of Supreme court.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid / Kenneth Bramor's "Expensive" Convoy Trapped After A Downpour / Lebanese Citizens Are Robbing Their Banks To Withdraw Their Own Money (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.