Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) (50104 Views)

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / Old Banknotes Redeemable Only At CBN After Deadline - Emefiele / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by DriveByKiller: 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stubborn people - they had since 31st January to return this money but they wouldn't. I noticed that we have grown to see this country as a lawless one. Where nobody takes laws seriously because deadlines MUST be extended. These ones have been caught up in the morass.
there wasn't enough circulation of the new notes. Businesses, banks were still using old notes.

But I don't expect a stupid dependent animal like you to put that into consideration.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by ohil: 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
The money they are currently depositing now is the money they collected from APC campaign ground. And there are much more to collect. My neighbors have abandon their business. They attend all the APC rally in Lagos and Neighboring states. APC Budget for the Presidential election is over #6trillion. When you add governors and others .....?

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by searchlight: 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
KingKO22:
Emefiele is now the Lord of the IPOB

IPOB Zombipigs will not sleep tonight as some banks have started collecting the old note
Even Mr president is an ipob. We are winning now. No better time to be an IPOB. It is not that Mr president speech i am for everybody and i am for no body is coming to manifest. We will make sure that Tinubu doesn't get close to our national treasury

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by searchlight: 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
for 3 months CBN gave, where dis ones dem dey since?

Honestly, I must admit dat Buhari is so f**kin kind sef!

If na me ehn....

angry
They were taking orders from the president of yorumuslim Tinubu and his advance urchins ganduje, FFK, elrufai, yahaya bello etc.

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by wonderr(m): 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
boyfwend:
Next world God don't bring me Nigeria
I pray he takes you to north Korea

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by musty2245: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
JoshTim:

You deserved to be shot on the scrotum for this. Idiot.
your papa scrotum

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by searchlight: 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
JoshTim:

You get sense so? Let's do this simple math, i have 500k old notes as a business man, i took the old notes to bank. They collected it without giving me the new notes. How do you expect me to pay my suppliers who are unbanked?, How do you expect me to pay for petty transactions? Logistics? Food? Water?...will all transactions be cash based?, You took 3 thrilling out and injected 500billion, check the ratio?....go to the banks, no cash in the vaults and ATMS, for a country of over 200million...i tried using app, it failed.... When all these cash brouhaha started, banks were still dispensing the old notes. Infact, the new notes didn't come out immediately. you must be a fool. And e no go better for you o.
You are a fool i must remind you. Now that they are disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the CBN how will they pay those bills if they deposit?

Low life urchin.

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by searchlight: 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Viltron:
Emefiele, woe to you and Buhari for this hardship after nearly eight years of misery
I want Buhari to put am for hard , it is like urchins are getting the heat.

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by searchlight: 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
DriveByKiller:
there wasn't enough circulation of the new notes. Businesses, banks were still using old notes.

But I don't expect a stupid dependent animal like you to put that into consideration.
Miscreant is there enough circulation of the new notes? Why do they now decide to deposit?

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by InvertedHammer: 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
/

I warned you suckers about Venezuela and how monetary policies destroyed the country with the highest oil reserve in the world. For Nigerians everything na joke.

E don happen. You get millions in the account, oya go collect. Nigerians are so selfish that when they are not affected, they care less. But the beauty of this cash crunch is that East, West, North, South, Christian, Muslim, Males, Females; everyone is equally yoked.

You can sell your votes for old naira notes. grin It will be as good as bread labels. By fire or by force, una must reject suffering! Buhari is a hero.

/
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by leovictor15(m): 11:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
Klington:
A lot of them voted for APCshit and someone dimwits amongst them are still planning to vote the same evil party.
APCshit is a curse with anti people's policies.

Obi Datti we know

SO you mean only those who voted apc are affected by This policy
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Klington: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
Softmirror:

. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME OVER A COWARD AND A LOSER LIKE PETER OBI. EVEN OBI KNOWS THAT HE CAN'T WIN. HE IS ONLY CATCHING CRUISE. THE PRESENT GOVERNOR OF HIS STATE PROFESSOR SOLUDO STATED THIS CLEARLY TOO.

Soludo has only one vote. Even his second son is fully Obident

Soludo can not lace Peter Obi's shoes in his entire political career. You can take this to Bank.

Obi's coming!!!!
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Klington: 11:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
leovictor15:

SO you mean only those who voted apc are affected by This policy

Seems you've comprehension problem.
Read it slowly.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Allisgud: 11:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
See them sturborn goats,so they did not hear all the jingles all this while

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:23am On Feb 18, 2023
Truvelisback:
Next time, think b4 u speak. If u know how difficult it is to get cash, u won't be saying this. This has even prompted many to reject transfer of fund. Ur so-called Buhari has brought severe hardship and suffering on Nigerians.
it's still ur headache if u still have d old notes!
Gnight!
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by toprealman: 1:01am On Feb 18, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Funny how this "wisdom of men" seem only concentrated in poverty stricken countries where religion is taken very seriously
In this context, Buhari+ APC thought they had it all planned. Those that stashed cash had great plans .....then this happened.
Proudly African!
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Duggedised12(f): 2:23am On Feb 18, 2023
Buddha3:
These are the set of idiots dragging us backwards as a people.

The CBN has been singing since October that everyone who has old notes should dispose them before January 31st. These moronic airheads who I'm most certain are Tinubu's enthusiasts, opted to listen to desperate politicians and stubbornly held on to theirs. Now they're forming endless queues in front of CBN branches and making the country look like a circus on the international scene.

Some Nigerians are just idiots! Why are they now queueing in front of CBN? Let them take the notes to the microphone taster's bourdillon apartments na.. !

Bastards! I hate nonsense!
Being the emotional will not make you analyse things logically. You go to bank to pay in your old notes with the intention of getting new notes ,the bank gives you old notes over the counter, ATM dispense old notes, pos operators give you old note ,so where exactly are ordinary people supposed to get new notes? , I know how I have been struggling since this policy came out.For the people that take transfer,Bank apps are inefficient and unreliable, I had to help my neighbor transfer for someone as her bank app refused to work. It took her four days to be able to send it back to me.

I can tell you that some people are stranded, I know of such persons, if not that the lady selling food stuff knows her, she wouldn't have had anything to eat. She had to buy and transfer, but how many petty traders will take transfer or trust you enough to want to take transfer. There has been rumors of fake bank alert ,plus these traders will have to go to the bank and withdraw to restock, with the situation in the country where banks are closing down, pos operators are charging exorbitant fees ,you think a petty trader will want to go through all that? How much is the gain from what she is selling?

People like you sit in your corner and see things through your door peep hole and condemn. The average people on the streets that does business daily with cash can't get new notes except people have it to purchase from them and the only ways the common man can get it is through banks or pos.

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by JoshTim: 2:27am On Feb 18, 2023
searchlight:
You are a fool i must remind you. Now that they are disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the CBN how will they pay those bills if they deposit?

Low life urchin.

I tire for you o...pay which bills again. Maka still dey explain something to you like baby. Chai.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by lexy2014: 3:30am On Feb 18, 2023
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/malsky007/status/1626477199317471236?t=XcHdAcly6acvJdbJ2bezuQ&s=19

CBN is now a deposit money bank. never has this happened before that customers will deposit their money in CBN and cbn will credit the customers account. CBN has lost focus
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by lexy2014: 3:35am On Feb 18, 2023
Buddha3:
These are the set of idiots dragging us backwards as a people.

The CBN has been singing since October that everyone who has old notes should dispose them before January 31st. These moronic airheads who I'm most certain are Tinubu's enthusiasts, opted to listen to desperate politicians and stubbornly held on to theirs. Now they're forming endless queues in front of CBN branches and making the country look like a circus on the international scene.

Some Nigerians are just idiots! Why are they now queueing in front of CBN? Let them take the notes to the microphone taster's bourdillon apartments na.. !

Bastards! I hate nonsense!

how are the people in the pictures "the set of idiots dragging us backwards as a people"? are they the ones that came up with the policy or the ones that created naira scarcity?

how did you come to the conclusion that all the nigerians across the country who are suffering as a result if naira scarcity are tinubs enthusiasts?

you say "Some Nigerians are just idiots", does that include buhari and Emefiele cos how do you justify a CBN creating naira scarcity and then starts doing the job of commercial banks by receiving cash deposits directly from customers? where is this done?

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by lexy2014: 3:39am On Feb 18, 2023
Goahead:
Nigeria must be great, anything to keep Tinubu out of the affairs of this country must be endured by the people. If not that Nigerians are generally stubborn, why are people still holding on to the old bills up to this moment. 🤷‍♂️

this is interesting. how did you come to the conclusion that nigerians being made to suffer by the government is justified because you think it will affect tinubu?

why should niigerians endure such suffering because you think it affect tinubu? how are you than the tinubu you are against?

you claim "nigerians are generally stubborn". does that include buhari and emefiele who like you dont have empathy?

you are asking "why are people still holding on to the old bills up to this moment". can you help us explain why the government hasnt provided new notes for nigerians to use in exchange for the old bills?
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by lexy2014: 3:40am On Feb 18, 2023
Duggedised12:
Being the emotional will not make you analyse things logically. You go to bank to pay in your old notes with the intention of getting new notes ,the bank gives you old notes over the counter, ATM dispense old notes, pos operators give you old note ,so where exactly are ordinary people supposed to get new notes? , I know how I have been struggling since this policy came out.For the people that take transfer,Bank apps are inefficient and unreliable, I had to help my neighbor transfer for someone as her bank app refused to work. It took her four days to be able to send it back to me.

I can tell you that some people are stranded, I know of such persons, if not that the lady selling food stuff knows her, she wouldn't have had anything to eat. She had to buy and transfer, but how many petty traders will take transfer or trust you enough to want to take transfer. There has been rumors of fake bank alert ,plus these traders will have to go to the bank and withdraw to restock, with the situation in the country where banks are closing down, pos operators are charging exorbitant fees ,you think a petty trader will want to go through all that? How much is the gain from what she is selling?

People like you sit in your corner and see things through your door peep hole and condemn. The average people on the streets that does business daily with cash can't get new notes except people have it to purchase from them and the only ways the common man can get it is through banks or pos.

am sure you see why nigeria cant move forward cos we have a lot of people like that in this country

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by eaglez(m): 3:43am On Feb 18, 2023
Anyhow wey u put am, na u sabi.
JoshTim:

Bro, you dey try o. For a person not to have sense like this, bro i throway salute for you o.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by lexy2014: 3:45am On Feb 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Stubborn people - they had since 31st January to return this money but they wouldn't. I noticed that we have grown to see this country as a lawless one. Where nobody takes laws seriously because deadlines MUST be extended. These ones have been caught up in the morass.

is this the first time nigeria has experienced a naira design and currency change? in previous experiences, was it this bad?

was 3 months given in previous exercises?

what modalities were put in place in previous exercises to ensure the people were shielded from suffering?

just listen to yourself..."I noticed that we have grown to see this country as a lawless one. Where nobody takes laws seriously because deadlines MUST be extended".

how is the government obeying the law? is it not the responsibility of the government to provide money for people to use? how has it done that in the last 3 months?

how has the government done its job in this matter as stated in section 14 (2b) of the constitution?

where and when have you ever seen CBN collecting cash deposits from bank customers as if it is a commercial bank?

are you really sure you are smart or you just emotional?

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 6:40am On Feb 18, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
How can someone take a look at Nigeria as a country and believe there's a God somewhere who listens to prayers and acts on it? then believe such a god is actually a "good" God?
Lol, God is good, to have created a land flowing with milk and honey. God wasn't the one who elected your leaders, He isn't the one who made them corrupt. Stop blaming God for man-made problems. He didn't create zombies or robots, he created humans with functional brains and gave the power to choose.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Mrkumareze(m): 6:48am On Feb 18, 2023
adaperry25:

Was the new note available?

No, now they re rushing, is the new note available ?
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 18, 2023
searchlight:
I want Buhari to put am for hard , it is like urchins are getting the heat.

And I'm sure you are not feeling it
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by b03liberty(m): 7:08am On Feb 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
. Uptil February 1, banks were still paying old note. It's not people's fault, it's the system bro
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by nairamaniac: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

You need to reason smartly as your moniker implies.

How wdnt people have oldnotes at everytime Time(T) in their hand even till after the January 30th deadline.

Most Bank ATM's wasn't given each card more than 5 to 10K per day. Also you have to queue the entire day to make that withdrawal.

POS was taking 20% of whatever you withdraw.

Banks had no knew money to pay customers over the counter.

Meanwhile people need cash in hand everyday for daily spendings.

So How did you expect these people(us) to have returned these money(s} since before 30th January without getting new notes to replace them?

Pls tell us.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by nairamaniac: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2023
DriveByKiller:

I had used my very common sense to reply him before I later saw ur reply.

I wonder how people reason?
And in his mind he is sooo intelligent.
Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:24am On Feb 18, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Pls don't say that , the new notes were not in circulation as that time frame. Except you're not in Nigeria, we that are here .... We're not finding it so easy.
the aim was to reduce cash in circulation!

I was able to collect 5k cash over d counter b4 illiterate idiots in Benin went to destroy d banks.

All we needed was Jez 2 be patient till d election was done with then everything would normalize again

1 Like

Re: Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:25am On Feb 18, 2023
Truvelisback:
Next time, think b4 u speak. If u know how difficult it is to get cash, u won't be saying this. This has even prompted many to reject transfer of fund. Ur so-called Buhari has brought severe hardship and suffering on Nigerians.
Patience is everything!

After election, normalcy will be restored!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / Guys, Let's Talk Business / What Can One Do Legally To Be Financially Independent In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.