Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (9011 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by igbo2011(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2011
I am trying to learn more about Nigerian history. I want to know hwo were great leaders of the past and what did htey do? I heard Mortola was really good but he died early.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2011
Muritala it should be. He did not die, they killed him.

The people that kept us back financed his killing.

Buhari/Idiagbon was also good and they pushed them out.

My humble opinion
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by igbo2011(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^^What did Mortola do while he was alive?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
Buhari is the best

Unfortunately Muritala Mohammed was killed to soon (after about 8month in office) to make an impact

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.64.html
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by RoadStar: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
Who Was The Best least worst President Nigeria Has Ever Had?
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2011
igbo2011:

You are learned and intelligent. Go find out. Our problem is that we hardly read.

First tell me what he did wrong and prove you have tried to know your history.

I know enough of Muritala. From his 1966 coup that brought Gowon into government to why he was killed.

I know his psychological make up from the stories I have read about him. So when I talk, I speak authoritatively, because I read a lot.

You guys just proves the people that said if you want to hide anything from the black man, put it in a book right.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ak47mann(m): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2011
igbo2011:

he build an oil pipeline from RIVERS to Kaduna and he is the one that started Abuja master plan in the 70s,

does it make any sense undecided  how much it will cost nigeria to build that pipe line all the way from rivers to kaduna with poor peoples money undecided he was a devil in disguised
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2011
ak47mann:

he build an oil pipeline from RIVERS to Kaduna and he is the one that started Abuja master plan in the 70s,

does it make any sense undecided  how much it will cost nigeria to build that pipe line all the way from rivers to kaduna with poor peoples money undecided he was a devil in disguised

Thanks very much. It made every sense. Which country in the world has their capital on the edge of sea at their periphery? For security reasons, Abuja is very strategic. May be as a northerner he was driven by tribal interest, but it was also good that Abuja should be at the center.

As for the pipeline, do you want to use tankers to transport fuel to the northern part, or deny them fuel? It was for a collective good. We have two refineries in the south and one in the north: balanced.

He was the person that defined Nigerian foreign policy. He added force to the liberation of South Africa. I read a speech he made at OAU about the external interest killing africa (he called it intercontinental forces) and shed tears.

Mark you I am Igbo and know too well what we suffered before, during and after the war from Muritala. But I still like his character above all those that ruled the country.

He had guts and was honestly strait. He fought corruption head-on. He stood up to the west.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by WilWily: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2011
Godman_n:

Muritala it should be. He did not die, they killed him.
I so much like the way Dimka killed him.
i read about it very very interesting.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2011
To you Dimka killed him. To people that know, we know who pushed and used Dimka. That is our problem. They always know how and who to use in manipulating us.

The way the Tafala Belewa's, Shagari, IBB, Obasanjos were used to keep Nigeria and Africa back.

Good to you. Celebrating your down fall ignorantly. That's why we are foolish Africans.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Rgp92: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2011
Muritala was not a president idiot. Buhari sucks. Nigeria have never had a good president.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by PointB: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2011
@ Topic, all those fools mentioned so far ruin this country, may they find no peace even in their afterlife, and those of them who are alive will continue to suffer depression!
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2011
Rgp92:

Muritala was not a president . Buhari sucks. Nigeria have never had a good president.

It is easy to condemn. Even if they all failed, who is the best? Or if I may ask, who among the living can you nominate for 2015 so that we can stop this circle of poverty
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2011
so far,
President Goodluck ebele jonathan grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Godmann(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

so far,
President Goodluck ebele jonathan grin grin grin grin grin

Goodluck to you. I'm sure you do not know what you are doing, unless you are a PDP beneficiary
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by purple11sparkle: 12:39am On Jun 17, 2015
Rgp92:
Muritala was not a president idiot. Buhari sucks. Nigeria have never had a good president.
Are u sure
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Dollyak(f): 12:42am On Jun 17, 2015
Best leader has to be Awolowo.
He discussed the need to create states in Nigeria under a federal system of government. As premier of the old Western Region, he launched a free Universal Primary Education Scheme in January, 1955. In launching the revolutionary scheme, he had the conviction that education was the quickest means of transforming a society. He harnessed the revenue from cocoa and other cash crops for the laudable scheme.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Awo’s compatriot said “It is an incontrovertible fact of history that Chief Awolowo left his footprints on the sands of time and from generation to generation, his contributions to the history of Nigeria in particular, and Africa in general, shall be a landmark and inspiration to guide our people in the holy crusade for a place in the sun.”

This is not even debatable. How many president can match his visions?

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Dollyak(f): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2015
Godmann:

You are learned and intelligent. Go find out. Our problem is that we hardly read.

First tell me what he did wrong and prove you have tried to know your history.

I know enough of Muritala. From his 1966 coup that brought Gowon into government to why he was killed.

I know his psychological make up from the stories I have read about him. So when I talk, I speak authoritatively, because I read a lot.

You guys just proves the people that said if you want to hide anything from the black man, put it in a book right.
I have read muritala's biography online and I still have to give the nod to Awolowo, due to his sheer vision. He is a towering figure.
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by silver614: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Any president that fight for his people is the best President and a good leader and that is....
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by silver614: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Any president that fight for his people is the best President and a good leader and that is ....
Re: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Military President ...... Murtala/Buhari-Idiagbon ...
Civilian President ...... Buhari/Osinbajo ( their few weeks in office is better than 16 years of PDP)

Overall Best President in Nigeria ... Buhari/ Osinbajo ..... My Final Answer.

(1) (Reply)

Taiwo Adeniji Wins New-York Nursing Excellence Award / Saraki Speaks On Increasing Senators’ Allowance / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.