Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? (788 Views)

Stampede For Governor Tambuwal’s Cash In Sokoto: One Dies, 3 Others Injured / 428,941 Nigerians Got Cash In 24 States, 130,455 From Katsina – Minister / $322m Abacha Loot: List Of States To Receive Cash In July (2) (3) (4)

Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hello fellow Nigerians, especially lagosians, today was so bad in my area. People blatantly reject old naira notes, refuse to accept transfer, those that are willing are requesting you add extra amount on top as charges. Traders have their goods wasting in their store, some locked down the business in a bit to avoid old notes, perishable items are perishing, people couldn't feed despite having money in their account.
This is the story in my area.

How is the situation at your end ?

Share with us.

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Love700(f): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
No where to even withdraw money, no more pos agent in road side again, people are suffering, seriously, anyone making Nigeria to suffer will suffer for eternity
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Love700:
No where to even withdraw money, no more pos agent in road side again, people are suffering, seriously, anyone making Nigeria to suffer will suffer for eternity

Amen
The hardship is much.

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by SmartPolician: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good people are few in this country because most Nigerians are opportunists. Keke riders, bus drivers and market women insist on cash payments and still sell the cash they have made to POS agents at the end of the day. In my area, thank God that many stores sell foodstuffs and they accept transfers. Roadside bread sellers accept transfers and have POS devices too.

As for those market women, I don't even go to market anymore because those market women always tell you to buy money from POS agents. Many people are beginning to avoid markets. When those market women stay for one week without sales, their bodi go tell them. Meanwhile, no cash anywhere and I bought 20k for 3k.

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Demiolao: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
No money everywhere

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by inoki247: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
The country is something if no b my friend wey b filling station manager na him dey bail me out wen I need 10k to 20k nd he still dey bail me out...

I jus dey wonder aw people wey no even get way dey survive u buy fuel at costly price person don even turn to Wu dey waka pass Wu dey carry car to save cost....

Naso I go market buy Fish the woman insisted she will be taking cash that she doesn't take transfer so if someone doesn't av a way....

You go to doz market women to buy things they tell you to use the POS behind dem that they don't take transfer after making use of POs you pay dem in cash they resell same money to the PoS people this country na we dey rip oursef pass ....

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Good people are few in this country because most Nigerians are opportunists. Keke riders, bus drivers and market women insist on cash payments and still sell the cash they have made to POS agents at the end of the day. In my area, thank God that many stores sell foodstuffs and they accept transfers. Roadside bread sellers accept transfers and have POS devices too.

As for those market women, I don't even go to market anymore because those market women always tell you to buy money from POS agents. Many people are beginning to avoid markets. When those market women stay for one week without sales, their bodi go tell them. Meanwhile, no cash anywhere and I bought 20k for 3k.

I'm telling you. It has not been funny at all.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
inoki247:
The country is something if no b my friend wey b filling station manager na him dey bail me out wen I need 10k to 20k nd he still dey bail me out...

I jus dey wonder aw people wey no even get way dey survive u buy fuel at costly price person don even turn to Wu dey waka pass Wu dey carry car to save cost....

Naso I go market buy Fish the woman insisted she will be taking cash that she doesn't take transfer so if someone doesn't av a way....

You go to doz market women to buy things they tell you to use the POS behind dem that they don't take transfer after making use of POs you pay dem in cash they resell same money to the PoS people this country na we dey rip oursef pass ....

Why are market women making the whole situation so frustrating and pathetic. I have same experience.......
Sincerely i think we are our own problem.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by ejighikemeuwa: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
That is the same story all over the nation including Aba Abia state, the new money is not in circulation, the one in circulation is declared illegal tender, it is @ ama awasa that you can buy the new currency here in Aba.

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Tokskob2008: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
No pos agent have any cash for business right now. seems the few new notes with people are being hoarded.

This what bad leadership brings about. We are chanting and getting ready to go vote for another pro max right?

CHANGE 2015 ---- Disaster
4+4. 2019 ---- Max disaster
Renewed Hope 2023 --- ?
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by inoki247: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
RotimiBliss:

Why are market women making the whole situation so frustrating and pathetic. I have same experience.......

I think anybody that enters needs to reverse this foolish policy cause is making people to rip each other.....

Like this now some people don dey buy the old note and starts filling the CBN form dem sef imagine someone using 5m in transfer to make to 6.5m at the end of the day all this Policy's na we the masses the thing they bounce on.....

During the CBN farmers Loan me and my friend applied he got a Link at Nisral where dey told him if he can part way with 15percent he will get the loan me I du strong head I no colet am he colet the loan and use the money leave the country jejely....

This country nothing is really working for the masses imagine make person dey take 15percent from money wey u borrow ....
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by yomi007k(m): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2023
inoki247:

I think anybody that enters needs to reverse this foolish policy cause is making people to rip each other.....

Like this now some people don dey buy the old note and starts filling the CBN form dem sef imagine someone using 5m in transfer to make to 6.5m at the end of the day all this Policy's na we the masses the thing they bounce on.....

During the CBN farmers Loan me and my friend applied he got a Link at Nisral where dey told him if he can part way with 15percent he will get the loan me I du strong head I no colet am he colet the loan and use the money leave the country jejely....

This country nothing is really working for the masses imagine make person dey take 15percent from from money wey u borrow ....

The Devil lives in Nigeria. embarassed

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Godwin4444: 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tokskob2008:
No pos agent have any cash for business right now. seems the few new notes with people are being hoarded.

This what bad leadership brings about. We are chanting and getting ready to go vote for another pro max right?

CHANGE 2015 ---- Disaster
4+4. 2019 ---- Max disaster
Renewed Hope 2023 --- ?
but tinubu mentioned d dangers of d policy n many people insulted him, even Peter obi n atiku said they are fine with it

It’s crystal clear only tinubu will reverse d useless anti people policy

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by yemex04(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
RotimiBliss:

See, those market women are largely illeterates that can not read or write.. They even give their phones to someone around to be able to make call... How would this categories of people confirm payment transffered to them? How would they even transfer? These are the set of people that dominated the informal sector.. A very poorly implemented Policy.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by AfricanColumbus: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
Can The Supreme Court Revoke The Naira Redesign Policy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9U2LaJUbIs
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by smileyoo: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

which state, because in some states like, Lagos 20k is sold for 26k, in Anambra 20k is sold for 27k, while in Enugu, 20k goes for 26k.
all these hardships upon nigerians, is due to leadership failure of APC government.
the APC govt refused to go after those they know amassed so much funds for vote buying and other electoral malpractices, but instead choose to fight against the looters with the poor masses together.
shame on bubu's APC government, for not separating the wheats from the chaffs .
may the present sufferings of nigerians, be upon their own lives. iseeee.

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Assetosky(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
How come i am not seeing all those idi0ts supporting the policy here

Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by David160(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
RotimiBliss:
Hello fellow Nigerians, especially lagosians, today was so bad in my area. People blatantly reject old naira notes, refuse to accept transfer, those that are willing are requesting you add extra amount on top as charges. Traders have their goods wasting in their store, some locked down the business in a bit to avoid old notes, perishable items are perishing, people couldn't feed despite having money in their account.
This is the story in my area.

How is the situation at your end ?

Share with us.

No cash o
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
inoki247:

This country nothing is really working for the masses imagine make person dey take 15percent from money wey u borrow ....

Chai ! 15% that's too much na, on a loan ! that u will still pay back with interest.
Nigerians are beginning to literally lack human empathy. Ripping off on fellow human at all cost with no consideration. Yet we are one of the most religious in d world.

I don't blame d guy wey japa anyway.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by inoki247: 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
RotimiBliss:

Chai ! 15% that's too much na, on a loan ! that u will still pay back with interest.
Nigerians are beginning to literally lack human empathy. Ripping off on fellow human at all cost with no consideration. Yet we are one of the most religious in d world.

I don't blame d guy wey japa anyway.

I don't think the CBN farmers Loan comes with interest....

The country is just something else sha anybody wey sha enter he needs to reverse this policy cos we are not seeing the effect instead na poverty he dey cause....
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
yemex04:

See, those market women are largely illeterates that can read or write.. They even give their phones to someone around to be able to make call... How would this categories of people confirm payment transffered to them? How would they even transfer? These are the set of people that dominated the informal sector.. A very poorly implemented Policy.

For market women,Simple sensitization by CBN on cashless means using ussd codes would hav gone a long way before implementing this policy.
It would have helped some but not all though.
Like u said, a poorly implemented policy.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by lordm(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Pay 600 for 2k here in ph
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by RotimiBliss: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
lordm:
Pay 600 for 2k here in ph

One Pos was willing to charge 1200 for 3k, @ Ayobo Lagos.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by clydecarson(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
Godwin4444:
but tinubu mentioned d dangers of d policy n many people insulted him, even Peter obi n atiku said they are fine with it

It’s crystal clear only tinubu will reverse d useless anti people policy

Crystal ko,diamond nii...I still don't understand how these urchins think🤷‍♂️,if you don't know why he complained about the policy then there's something wrong with your brain

The money he prepared for rigging is no longer valid that's why he wasn't in support of that,if you have a clean mind you won't complain....when he was a governor they changed 50 naira,10 naira,20 and 5 naira did he complain?
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Chinjo2: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
All the banks ATM in Ugbowo have been destroyed o and most of the POS too. No where to withdraw money
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by yomi007k(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2023
I forsee another round of protests before the election as the hardship will bite even harder in a few days unless cash is made available by the banks.

Hungry man is an angry man.

God help us.
Re: Cashless: Did You Get Cash In Your Area ? by Kobicove(m): 6:08am On Feb 20, 2023
Assetosky:
How come i am not seeing all those idi0ts supporting the policy here

They will not dare show face here because dem know say dem go collect 'beating' wotowoto grin

23rd To 28th Feb: Biafra Bans Omoibo From Exercising Constitutional Rights / Obi Leads Tinubu By Over 1000 Votes In 17 Lagos LGAs / Tribalist Bigot Contesting For Governor Election In Lagos State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61