Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,702 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive (18091 Views)

Six States Ask Supreme Court to Declare Tinubu’s Victory Null and Void / Appeal Court To Hear Suit Seeking To Swear In Atiku, Void Buhari’s Election / PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by TheAlchemist: 12:51am On Feb 19, 2023
Legitisreal:
Another angle am even seeing is what if emefile still give PDP enough new notes a day to election

It would be apc fried in their own stew

That is the game plan.. since they did not allow Buhari to choose lawan, bubu will settle for Atiku.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Sunday40: 1:53am On Feb 19, 2023
femisplash:
With a phone call, Peter Obi could direct the MD of Fidelity bank to bring any amount to his home within two hours. Atiku, the SPV crooner could get as much naira bills as he wanted from any of his bank managers. If anyone could show me a picture of Obi or Atiku on a bank queue struggling for cash, I will be willing to transfer 70k cash to such person.
These two enemies of the masses, asked zombidients to bear the brunt and suffer while their parents go to bed in an empty stomach yet these clowns come online to cheer these two devils as long as they foolishly think the policy is affecting Tinubu 🤣
PDP is even more confused, Sokoto PDP is joined in the suit against the FG while Bayelsa and Edo PDP are joined in the suit defending the FG.
Thank you sir, this is not the way of fighting vote buying,there are many constitutional law of vote buying, just we the common ones will be affected,my neighbour is sick she didn't have money feed to talk more of getting her drug, because the children use to sent money to her, she doesn't know how to do transfer I felt it for her.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by EDOLUWA: 1:57am On Feb 19, 2023
YEYE GOVERNORS FIGHTING FOR THEMSELVES IN DISGUISE FOR THE MASSES!!!

APC IS SCAM

APC IS WORST

APC IS HELL

APC IS SCATTERED

APC is DISGRUNTLED

APC IS A MESS

APC IS VIOLENT

APC IS CONFUSED

APC IS NOT A PARTY

APC IS DESPERATE

APC IS A CURSE

APC IS A WOE

APC IS A PARTY SINKING & WANNA SINK NIGERIA WITH IT.

PRESIDENT BUHARI MUST RISE AGAINST ALL HIS PARTY BIG WIGS LIKE ARROGANT KEYAMO, ELRUFAI & OTHERS.

AS A NAIJA CITIZEN IF YOU ARE STILL WITH APC CHECK YOUR BRAIN!!!
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Minjim: 3:38am On Feb 19, 2023
JetApartment:

seun your mods banned kingpfamebo for no justifiable reason whatsoever, he cited rule 18 which is a big joke because kingofamebo doesn't spam nairaland (you can investigate his profile yourself) tagging people is not a crime on nairaland and is not spamming except the mod is an urchin sympathizer or an urchin himself.

When has it become a crime to support Peter Obi and tag urchins who constantly verbally attack his supporters without getting banned?

There's no where in nairaland that tagging is a crime so why does your mods want to silence kingofamebo for supporting Peter Obi?

Please investigate this asap and do the needful, nairalanders would like to know your response on this unjust profiling by your over zealous mod.

NB make the name of mods banning people public on banned profile for scrutinity.

Cc seun

Wailing of Peter Obi urchin Season 1 Episode 1
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by BluntCrazeMan: 3:58am On Feb 19, 2023
femisplash:
With a phone call, Peter Obi could direct the MD of Fidelity bank to bring any amount to his home within two hours. ......
You don't know Peter Obi,,

Like,, not even a 1-kobo worth of knowledge..

Yet you're writing trash in public about what you are in your own true reality,, and be thinking you were making jest of Peter Obi.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by BluntCrazeMan: 4:00am On Feb 19, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Surprisingly, obidense urchins are the ones now supporting the evil Buhari
Politics truly is really intriguing
But Buhari is still our President..
You guys forced him down our throats for good 7 years.

We have accepted him.

Why can you guys now be angry that we accepted what you guys forced upon us?
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by BluntCrazeMan: 4:02am On Feb 19, 2023
Image123:
Obi, Atiku, online activists like Oby Ezeks, Yesufu and co's loud silence and complacency on this currency issue because it seems to favour them reinforces the fact that Nigerians are not different. We're all same corrupt set of people who will do, support and lie straight faced if it favours us.
Don't be deceived again on the lines of some messiah or clean man. Vote vision, vote competence, vote proven track record. We don't need an I.T trainee president. We don't need a president that needs to inefficiently follow his staff to the market or buy it himself. We need better.
In 2021,, ObyEzeks long predicted that in 2023,, money would greatly disappoint many politicians who were hoping to use it to buy elections..

Her prophecy is coming to reality.
If you want her to say anything,, she would just go back and continue to bring up the old tweet.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by GardenOfGod(m): 4:05am On Feb 19, 2023
APC structure collapsing and their midget are wailing 😩 😩😩
Image123:
Obi, Atiku, online activists like Oby Ezeks, Yesufu and co's loud silence and complacency on this currency issue because it seems to favour them reinforces the fact that Nigerians are not different. We're all same corrupt set of people who will do, support and lie straight faced if it favours us.
Don't be deceived again on the lines of some messiah or clean man. Vote vision, vote competence, vote proven track record. We don't need an I.T trainee president. We don't need a president that needs to inefficiently follow his staff to the market or buy it himself. We need better.
You can wail more my dear. When Nigerians were complaining about certain unfavourable policies of Buhari, they were tagged, "WAILERS"
Now who wail pass? Life is turn by turn 😂😂😂😂😂

WAILING 😩 WAILER 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 grin grin
Image123:
Your education is lost on you, i pity those who invested in it. Disagreement with a government's decision is not the same thing as wailing. Politics is not cultism like PDP painted it to be where they all agreed to punish Nigeria until 2014 when some started to disagree(nPDP). i have been on this forum for a while and openly disagreed with the government in a civil way on many occasions. The APC is again set to win the elections and by this time next week, you will be in serious tears over the election results. That doesn't mean we will keep quiet about a silly and meaningless somersault of decisions by the FG and the CBN. Everything is not about elections, that's what Obi fans and igbos generally fail to realise, that's why igbos always come in very late.
Your grammar doesn't change the fact that the "Sai Baba" acolytes are WAILING BITTERLY... PLEASE WAIL MORE 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by jamace(m): 4:55am On Feb 19, 2023
grin grin APC election rigging strategy worth about N6 Trillion gone down the drain. APC governors wailing! grin grin

Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Legitisreal: 5:53am On Feb 19, 2023
TheAlchemist:

That is the game plan.. since they did not allow Buhari to choose lawan, bubu will settle for Atiku.
I swear it's only us that is seeing this angle

Emefile and cbn are only accountable to themselves, they can give PDP excess new notes on election Eve

Imagine scarce free new notes flooding the polling units when getting even old notes is a problem, the rush for it would be so hyped

Maybe that's why the PDP govs are supporting cbn openly in court, however it's not as if it's not a win for atiku already especially in the north because even if he doesn't share a dime, so long tinubu is also not spending he would win him up north
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Savoryzinny(f): 7:30am On Feb 19, 2023
I have never queued on the line for over 5 years to make withdraws. It has always been cashless and probably little cash for mini expenses. Grow up please!

femisplash:
With a phone call, Peter Obi could direct the MD of Fidelity bank to bring any amount to his home within two hours. Atiku, the SPV crooner could get as much naira bills as he wanted from any of his bank managers. If anyone could show me a picture of Obi or Atiku on a bank queue struggling for cash, I will be willing to transfer 70k cash to such person.
These two enemies of the masses, asked zombidients to bear the brunt and suffer while their parents go to bed in an empty stomach yet these clowns come online to cheer these two devils as long as they foolishly think the policy is affecting Tinubu 🤣
PDP is even more confused, Sokoto PDP is joined in the suit against the FG while Bayelsa and Edo PDP are joined in the suit defending the FG.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2023
Stephrose:
A new Nigeria is Possible with Peter Obi

Peter Obi asked you to suffer and bear the brunt of the naira scarcity but you know he can never feel a pinch of the suffering. You are defending someone that supported a policy that is strangulating the economy but everything bus political in your eyes.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2023
chinemezeq:
why aren't u supporting him in this one
Because unlike you guys I am not a zombie that supports someone on everything.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Cool83(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2023
gaby:
D.O.A

Dead on Arrival.

Make una use una loot open una own Central Bank of Looters.

Animals.

Enemies of the state and the people.

You'd embezzle the people's money, and build mansions for this money, complete with AC to keep the monies fresh and crisp while the poor citizens go homeless, hungry, and always without.

Yet, some of these hungry and hopeless individuals still go about rooting for and supporting their real enemies.

Only in Nigeria.

Why would an economy where the money looted and stashed away in houses outweighs that which is in circulation even make sense on any economic matrix/indices?

*Electoral reform act...

*Rendering their cash loot worthless and useless...

* Buhari is the reason why every youth today has taken it upon him/herself to get involved in the forthcoming election knowing there is a glimmer of hope that their votes would and can count.

* Buhari's non-interest in do-or-die politics as a way to enthrone his favorite or party on the citizens is the reason why everyone is enthusiastic about the forthcoming election, particularly the obedients as they chose to be referred to. If he had any skeleton to hide, he'd be more concerned about enthroning the one that'd cover up his skeletons.

* Buhari it is who refused to give any powers to his wife's office as had been the custom before now which had led her to her many wailings and attacks on him. She had the dream to be the Patience, Stella Obasanjo, and Turai Yaradua.

In conclusion, feel free to play with your next 8 years on earth. While at it, do well to add it to your current age. By then, Buhari would have gone to be with his maker and led a life that'd be insulated from every ill you could be dealing with as an Ex-President.

You've done your bit Bubu, posterity will remember you for these legacies.

You were the only man with the balls and true love for Nigeria to take such actions because you had nothing to hide.

You've set the stage for whoever next is coming in to continue from where you stopped and solve whatever it is Nigerians are complaining that you couldn't do.

There was no way you could have faced the hydra-headed demons pinning this country down all at the same time to succeed in any.

Where their allegiances were to their parties in a do-or-die election fashion, yours was to the country and citizens.

Where they'd rather protect their party and party faithfuls, you put the country and her citizens before any party loyalists or your butt-lickers by making them be at par for once with the citizens in terms of suffering what the citizens had been suffering all alone for as long as Nigeria had been in existence.

Na later later people go understand.

I doff my hat to you, sir General Muhamadu Buhari. The only man no media propaganda can succeed in linking with any personal corruption.

The only General I recognize in Nigeria with no blemish or taints of corruption and evil acquisition of mundane material things.

Salut...

What can you say about the economy of Nigeria and level of inflation in the past 7 years
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by femisplash: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2023
Savoryzinny:

I have never queued on the line for over 5 years to make withdraws. It has always been cashless and probably little cash for mini expenses. Grow up please!

Where do you reside?
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
In 2021,, ObyEzeks long predicted that in 2023,, money would greatly disappoint many politicians who were hoping to use it to buy elections..

Her prophecy is coming to reality.
If you want her to say anything,, she would just go back and continue to bring up the old tweet.

Because she felt people would be so poor and angry that politicians cannot buy them, that's wrong. It's even easier now to buy the poor. The poor are up for grabs in this election. The only difference is that Tinubu will gain pity votes especially in the SWest and NEast as they'll naturally want to stand in solidarity and prove some kind of fidelity. He'll lose few votes(because he was smart enough to cry out against the weird policy) in other regions because people are angry with Buhari and will take out the anger on his party.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Image123(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
GardenOfGod:
APC structure collapsing and their midget are wailing 😩 😩😩 You can wail more my dear. When Nigerians were complaining about certain unfavourable policies of Buhari, they were tagged, "WAILERS"
Now who wail pass? Life is turn by turn 😂😂😂😂😂

Your education is lost on you, i pity those who invested in it. Disagreement with a government's decision is not the same thing as wailing. Politics is not cultism like PDP painted it to be where they all agreed to punish Nigeria until 2014 when some started to disagree(nPDP). i have been on this forum for a while and openly disagreed with the government in a civil way on many occasions. The APC is again set to win the elections and by this time next week, you will be in serious tears over the election results. That doesn't mean we will keep quiet about a silly and meaningless somersault of decisions by the FG and the CBN. Everything is not about elections, that's what Obi fans and igbos generally fail to realise, that's why igbos always come in very late.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2023
femisplash:

First show us the picture of Tinubu on a bank queue struggling for cash. It is people like you that have kept this country from making progress. You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a criminal and drug lord for President.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
Image123:

Shame on you for supporting a criminal and drug lord for President.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Way to go. I like the way things are going. Different states should be able to have different jurisdictions, just as in the US.

That would be restructuring which these APC Governors opposed.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by BluntCrazeMan: 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2023
Image123:

Because she felt people would be so poor and angry that politicians cannot buy them, that's wrong. It's even easier now to buy the poor. The poor are up for grabs in this election. The only difference is that Tinubu will gain pity votes especially in the SWest and NEast as they'll naturally want to stand in solidarity and prove some kind of fidelity. He'll lose few votes(because he was smart enough to cry out against the weird policy) in other regions because people are angry with Buhari and will take out the anger on his party.
You're Totally wrong.

She actually believed that the BVAS would first scatter their original method of bribing the system..
Then again, she also believed that the people would be wiser, so that they will take the money and still won't sway from their choices of whom they wanted to vote for.

But now..
The money itself is no more available in an easily-sharable format.

So, the thing is, the rich ones are rich, but they cannot share the money easily.
Which now adds to make Ezeks’s point more solid.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2023
LandMann:
Most of the comments above sound stupid and politically motivated. I don't know if they're paid comments from government agents who now fill the cyber space to manipulate public opinion. I don't also know if most of the comments are from one particular ethnic group who is determined to stoke hatred in the country so that their candidate can easily win.

The fact and truth of the matter is this monetary policy and directive from Buhari has been disastrous and has evil intention written all over it

Buhari should have implemented the policy three months to 2019 elections, while he was contesting. This will have shown that he's truly committed to free and fair election.

This policy is designed to ensure power remains with Fulani via Atiku and PDP winning.

This election can not be free and fair when on the eve of election you're doing everything to make people suffer and hate one political party.

Buhari is going to be remembered for being one of the worst president ever to rule Nigeria.

You are on your own. If this policy makes people hate APC, the people have the option of voting for Peter Obi. Atiku is not the only alternative out there. By the way, even without this policy, no sane Nigerian should be thinking of voting APC after the party's disastrous performance.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2023
lexy2014:

Am glad that you "don't" your hat for buhari.

When you ask "Why would an economy where the money looted and stashed away in houses outweighs that which is in circulation even make sense on any economic matrix/indices?"

How does it not make any economic sense? Can you explain?

When you say some people "money looted and stashed away in houses", can you tell us the year or give us a timeline when they did these things?

Did you personally witness them embezzling, building mansions for this money, complete with AC to keep the monies fresh and crisp? Did you go to these mansions built from embezzled money?

What time did they do all these?

After buhari became president, nigeria became the country with the highest number of poor people. Are you saying buhari is no longer responsible for that and that he is now a saint?

How did buhari put the country and her citizens before any party loyalists?

You say buhari is "The only General I recognize in Nigeria with no blemish or taints of corruption and evil acquisition of mundane material things" but how is his wife able to live in Dubai?

The guy should just ignore you. Tinubu is unfit for the position of President.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ttooyy12345:
Some mumu nigerians think say this policy will favour their presidential candidate. We will see

It will provide a level playing field for all candidates. It will also ensure that the billions of Naira stashed away by corrupt Nigerians will become useless to them.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
Obakoolex:

You people will not simply use your brain and think this through, which policy has ever affected everybody like this except covid 19
So you mean all the governors speaking against this stashed money somewhere? Even those that are not contesting anymore. Please think nah.....it's only the masses that are suffering because of this and the plot is to rub we southerners of presidency to retain power with another Fulani.

It's the turn of the south....if not Tinubu, then let Obi win.

Nothing like the South. It is the turn of the South East.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by poseidon12: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2023
loswhite:
How does it favor them? How is a policy implemented by APC seen as a favor to Obi? Most of you are just senseless.
Cashless policy has nothing to do with obi and his supporters. It is a policy that ensures that money passes through the banking system and not buried in ppls home or used for sponsoring terrorism. The problem is politicians rely on Cash instead of performance to win Election hence they think it is an attack on them...Nigerian youth make una try get sense small abeg
Exactly.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
poseidon12:

That would be restructuring which these APC Governors opposed.

They opposed? You need to come straight.

The past weeks have made me realize that party membership doesn’t guarantee solidarity. All for his/her state’s welfare
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Demolakay: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
femisplash:

Soo wit d current situation nw, Obi can ask Fidelity Bank to brink 20billion new notes to him nd dey will give it to him. Atiku nd Tinubu can command D banks to provide 100 billion each of d new notes,nd it will be provided.

Some talk as if deir journey to skul was jst for tourism purposes. If wat ur saying is true,why are d politicians nw fighting d policy? Deir love for d masses?
How much of d new notes has CBN printed dat will make Politicians to request for wateva amount dey need nd will get it.

Why are they now opting for transfer to voters to buy deir votes, if dey av readily new notes in large amounts available?

Ur brain need servicing.
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2023
poseidon12:

The guy should just ignore you. Tinubu is unfit for the position of President.

offpoint. who said anything about tinubu being fit or not fit for president? pls read the questions again and answer accordingly. tnx

When you ask "Why would an economy where the money looted and stashed away in houses outweighs that which is in circulation even make sense on any economic matrix/indices?"

How does it not make any economic sense? Can you explain?

When you say some people "money looted and stashed away in houses", can you tell us the year or give us a timeline when they did these things?

Did you personally witness them embezzling, building mansions for this money, complete with AC to keep the monies fresh and crisp? Did you go to these mansions built from embezzled money?

What time did they do all these?

After buhari became president, nigeria became the country with the highest number of poor people. Are you saying buhari is no longer responsible for that and that he is now a saint?

How did buhari put the country and her citizens before any party loyalists?

You say buhari is "The only General I recognize in Nigeria with no blemish or taints of corruption and evil acquisition of mundane material things" but how is his wife able to live in Dubai?
Re: New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive by Switruth: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2023
These are the obvious most corrupt states in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Unity: President Buhari Commends Ijaw Leaders / Aisha Yesufu Slams Those Who Tell Nigerians To Accept 2023 Election / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.