Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,263 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai (403 Views)

I Don't Want To Be A Godfather - Nasir El-rufai / Nasir El-rufai: Buhari Will Give Me A Job If I Lose / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by Peterobi90: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2023
The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, on Saturday said that political godfathers can be defeated in Lagos state.

The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, on Saturday said that political godfathers can be defeated in Lagos state.

According to Punch, the Kaduna State Governor spoke in Ikoyi, Lagos, at an event organised by the Bridge Club tagged, “An evening with His Excellency Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State.”

El-Rufai said that he defeated and retired four political godfathers in Kaduna State, saying the feat could be replicated anywhere, including Lagos State.

In his main speech, El-Rufai had encouraged the club members, who are businessmen, not to shy away from politics, saying it was more important than making money as bad politics could mess up their businesses.

Godfatherism. This is Lagos. Let me tell you something sir; you know, Kaduna State used to be like that. There were three or four politicians in Kaduna that you could not become anything unless you had them on your side. Those were the godfathers of Kaduna politics and you had to carry them along and you know, the three words, ‘carry them along’ mean paying them regularly.

“But we chose a different path and the long and short of it now is that after this election in 2019, we have retired all of them; we had to,” El-rufai said in response to the question raised by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and three-time commissioner in Lagos State, Dr Muiz Banire on how godfathership can be dealt with.

He added that, “Here in Lagos, you have over six million registered voters, only about a million voted (in 2019 general elections); five million did not vote. If I want to run for governor of Lagos, I will start now. I will commission a study to know why those five million registered voters did not vote; where do they go on election day? Then I will start visiting them for the next four years. I will try and get just two million of them to come and vote for me; I will defeat any godfather. The key is to go to the people. The card reader and the biometric register have given us the tools to connect directly with the people. I assure you if you do that for the next four years, connecting with the people; the tin godfather, you will retire him or her permanently. But it is hard work; it requires three to four years of hard work. So, if you want to run in 2023, you should start now.”

On the question of money, El-Rufai said it would require about N2bn to do the job, which he said the businessmen could provide.

“With about N2bn; if you start, you see these guys with black ties, they will give you the N2bn. Many of the godfathers are either on paper or in the mind of people in politics. They are defeatable. We retired four of them in Kaduna State within a four-year time and they are gone. One of them boasted that he put me in the government house and he would take me out.”

https://dailytrust.com/how-to-defeat-lagoss-godfather-nasir-el-rufai/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by NlGERlA: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2023
Now he's working for the lagos godfather.

5 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by Naira20: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2023
Talkative persons always shoot themselves in the foot.
Your Tinubu is about to be served Breakfast now

6 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by PointZerom: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2023
In Lagos, Urchins don't want to recognize him as godfather but developer of Lagos.

Everything he does is ok by them. They're afraid to speak up. The worst is their past governors who have allowed the criminal to claim all their rojects.

3 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by Ofunaofu: 9:39am On Feb 19, 2023
He will be defeated and disgraced

3 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by AtikuOkowa: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2023
He tried to allign with Ambode,Fashola and Osinbajo to retire Tinubu but the devil in Lagos scares Ambode,Fashola is loyal and Osinbajo came along.

But Osinbajo could fall for satan of Kaduna either,so the Elrufa'i moved for Amechi,Amechi could not influence the region that Elrufai wanted to defeat their Devil

On election day,the fellow Northern governors played safaty game by supporting Tinubu,as They know if Amechi wins,the cabal wins,and if Osinbajo wins,both the governors and cabals would not get it delicious.

Elrufa'i gave up and comply,by sadly supporting Tinubu,which scares other aspirants to step down,otherwise Yoruba people would see them as betrayers.

Tinubu camp knows Elrufa'i,so they dumped him and went Northeast,for the most trusted allies(Yobe and Borno).
This is also to gladdens Buhari,as they are his best states where he was former governor,and he mother came from.

When Elrufai foresee retirement,as he would not be senator,minister,vice president,he went for Tinubu

But the money also is going to expire in his house.

Wish good for somebody,do not laugh at someone condition.

1 Like

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by F117nighthawk: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2023
Shameless hypocrite, so he can say this, yet he is actively supporting the Lagos Godfather to be president,he is equally guilty and indepted to playing politics of the throat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by Yaribanzaonic: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2023
This is somebody Agbado Idiotic fools Love.

To be a thiefnubuu supporter your brain must expire grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Defeat Lagos’s Godfather — Nasir El-rufai by nedu666: 9:55am On Feb 19, 2023
El rufai is crafty. After apc primaries he established a committee to make recommendations that the vp should come from the north west because the nw and sw hve the highest registered voters. He was expecting tinubu to pick him that is why his son was all over Twitter praising yorubas, immediately tinhbu picked shettima he stopped praising yorubas. If tinubu wins he will ensure el rufai is decimated totally because ogbeni is preparing to shout emilokan in 2031

(1) (Reply)

Coalition For Good Governance Endorse Peter Obi ( Video) / Imagine If Every Governor Stopped Opposing Candidates From Campaigning Like Wike / We Will Declare 2023 Election Result Speedily – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.