Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully (481 Views)

How To Vote On Election Day, What Finger To Use - INEC issues Alert [MUST-SEE] / Oshiomhole Raises Alarm On Plot To Pass No Confidence Vote On Him / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by telleyway: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
Whether we like it or not, Nigerian politics is pivoted on two sentiments: tribalism and religion. Politicians selfishly used these to their advantage, making their gullible followers to believe they are fighting their cause.
Nigeria is an ethno-religious country, everything is viewed along tribal and religious line. To strike a balance, Christian - Muslim, North - south is always considered. There's always this feeling of entitlement by the northern Muslim that Nigeria is theirs to govern, hence north is only reduced to a Muslim territory despite having a good number of Christians. I will choose three presidential candidates to illustrate what the outcome of this presidential elections will portray on our collective existence.

(1) To eliminate Christina - Muslim ticket, governor Elrufai of Kaduna state was chosen to taste the microphone, who successfully brings an end to Muslim - Christina ticket in Kaduna government. A win for Tinubu in this election will permanently put an end to Muslim - Christina or Christina - Muslim in this country.

(2) North has over the years, bragged about huge land mass and population, despite being behind in terms of development . A win for Atiku or Kwankwoso means presidency will only come to south by Divine providence.

(3) A win for Obi or any other southern candidate who's a Christian will reflect our true diversity.
This is because it will be viewed among south eastern as having equal share and a sense of belonging. It will also honor the gentleman agreement of power rotation between north and south as well as long time Christina - Muslim coexistence.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by telleyway: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
visijok689:
Hdau
What is this mr?
We're talking about the future of our country, you are here displaying bet9ja
Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by yarimo(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2023
telleyway:
Whether we like it or not, Nigerian politics is pivoted on two sentiments: tribalism and religion. Politicians selfishly used these to their advantage, making their gullible followers to believe they are fighting their cause.
Nigeria is an ethno-religious country, everything is viewed along tribal and religious line. To strike a balance, Christian - Muslim, North - south is always considered. There's always this feeling of entitlement by the northern Muslim that Nigeria is theirs to govern, hence north is only reduced to a Muslim territory despite having a good number of Christians. I will choose three presidential candidates to illustrate what the outcome of this presidential elections will portray on our collective existence.

(1) To eliminate Christina - Muslim ticket, governor Elrufai of Kaduna state was chosen to taste the microphone, who successfully brings an end to Muslim - Christina ticket in Kaduna government. A win for Tinubu in this election will permanently put an end to Muslim - Christina or Christina - Muslim in this country.

(2) North has over the years, bragged about huge land mass and population, despite being behind in terms of development . A win for Atiku or Kwankwoso means presidency will only come to south by Divine providence.

(3) A win for Obi or any other southern candidate who's a Christian will reflect our true diversity.
#2 billions stolen Anambra state tax payers money is working

Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by karnap(m): 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
Buhari sight tinubu from far and he know he didn't mean well for us, and that's why he choose a way to stop him.
And buhari will go down as good man if APC lose.

I swear if osibanjo was the flag bearer of APC ,peter obi would have been a second choice for the youth.
But what all these gaffes tinubu keep dishing it out everywhere he goes make it even worse and the policy of emilakan further cause his defeat

And it has been sealed by God

2 Likes

Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by telleyway: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
yarimo:
#2 billions stolen Anambra state tax payers money is working

I don't blame you, I blame those that bastardized things in our country to the extend that people's conscience is being bought with as a little token as #1k, the category of whom you belong to.

For your information, I'm not from southern part of the country, I don't belong to any political party be it directly or indirectly.
You can do well to keep quiet if you lack contribution.
I have given my candid analysis, refute it with a superior one or remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by telleyway: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
karnap:
Buhari sight tinubu from far and he know he didn't mean well for us, and that's why he choose a way to stop him.
And buhari will go down as good man if APC lose.

I swear if osibanjo was the flag bearer of APC ,peter obi would have been a second choice for the youth.
But what all these gaffes tinubu keep dishing it out everywhere he goes make it even worse and the policy of emilakan further cause his defeat

And it has been sealed by God

You got that right Sir.
How on earth will youth in their sane mind still be supportive of one raising his hands during national anthem?
The only drive to this crazy arena is tribal or religious card being played by politicians

1 Like

Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by yarimo(m): 6:44pm On Feb 19, 2023
Blame your CAN for engaging themselves in politics
telleyway:

I don't blame you, I blame those that bastardized things in our country to the extend that people's conscience is being bought with as a little token as #1k, the category of whom you belong to.

For your information, I'm not from southern part of the country, I don't belong to any political party be it directly or indirectly.
You can do well to keep quiet if you lack contribution.
I have given my candid analysis, refute it with a superior one or remain silent.
Re: Before You Go Out To Vote On Saturday, Reflect On This Very Carefully by telleyway: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2023
yarimo:
Blame your CAN for engaging themselves in politics

You are still displaying your religious bigotry and lack of comprehension. You think every Nigerian has lost his/her conscience for petty scrumps like you do. In your myopic reasoning, anyone standing up for justice is giving a tag.
If APC and Tinubu think Christianity is nothing, why did he brought masquerades to Abuja and called them bishops?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Violence Erupts Outside Oba Elegushi Palace, Ballot Boxes Snatched (Video/Pix) / Urchins Have Started Denying Tinubu...claiming To Support Atiku / Online Polls Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.