Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Gaddafi's Security Chief Now In Kaduna As Guest Of A Retired Army General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaddafi's Security Chief Now In Kaduna As Guest Of A Retired Army General (1563 Views)

Tension In Kaduna As Police And Shii'tes Clash / APC Factionalized In Kaduna, As New APC Emerges / President Buhari Visits Kaduna As El-Rufai Receives Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi's Security Chief Now In Kaduna As Guest Of A Retired Army General by Babasessy(m): 10:04am On Sep 12, 2011
Gaddafi’s security chief now in Kaduna

, as guest of Nigerian retired Army General

The embattled Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi’s head of security service, Gen. Youssef Dbiri, has relocated from his hideout in Yobe State to Kaduna, where he is reportedly residing with a prominent ex-Army General (name withheld) at Government Residential Area (GRA) at Malali within the metropolis, a security source has revealed. A reliable security source told National Mirror at the weekend in Kaduna that the ex- Libyan security head had moved to Yobe State, but due to media report of his presence in the area, he was compelled to relocate to Kaduna to stay with one of his friends, a retired Nigerian Army general who was in Libya on several assignments during Gaddafi’s reign.

A dependable source, said that some of Gaddafi forces had entered the country from Niger Republic and had found their way to Katsina, Yobe and Sokoto states, where they were hiding with some prominent Nigerians who opposed the Libya rebel Transition National Council (TNC). It was learnt that the Libyan entourage did not enter Borno and Bauchi states due to the activities of the deadly Boko Haram Islamic sect in these areas. He said: “We got a report on the entrance of some Gaddafi’s forces in some Northern states like Katsina, Yobe and Sokoto. We also got a report of one retired Nigeria army officer at Malali who is keeping one of his Libyan friends who is one of Gaddafi’s army officers.

We also got a report of arms in the desert in Niger where weapons are being kept and we are worried because these arms may find their way into Nigeria. Gaddafi sympathisers are already in Kano and Kaduna preparing ground for some of his loyalists, but we are on top of the situation. “You know the Nigerian government recognised the new government in Libya and there is no need hiding Gaddafi loyalists in Nigeria. We are working round the clock to fish them out. It is good for them to surrender in their country and embrace the transitional government, instead of trying to bring problem into this country.”

Hamada Radio International had reported at the weekend that prominent members of the Gaddafi regime had crossed over to some parts of Northern Nigeria. The report monitored in Kaduna said that the crossover to Nigeria happened last Friday night when convoy of trucks slipped and headed towards the North-West town of Katsina. According to the report, some members of the Libyan military have maintained close family ties with Northern Nigeria, adding Gen. Dbiri, who headed Gaddafi’s security service had his maternal root in Nguru, Yobe State from North-Eastern Nigeria. The radio said that it sources had disclosed that more than 200 Nigerians were arrested in Libya by the TNC, while about 20 were executed last week for allegations of supporting Gaddafi as mercenaries.

While, reacting on the telephone, Kaduna State Police Command spokesman, Mr. Aminu Lawal, said he was not aware of the development. “I am not aware, if you are talking of somebody staying with an officer I am not an army personnel, I am a policeman. This is my first time hearing it from you. I am PPRO in charge of Kaduna State not the other states, you are mentioning to me,” he said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/20407.html

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Begs Nigerians To Accept Fuel Subsidy Removal / Nigeria's President Says Terrorists Infiltrated Government - Intelligence / Do You Want To Be Angry This Morning? Watch Nta Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.