Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? (323 Views)

Lady Who Campaigned Vigorously For President Tinubu During The Elections Laments / Cult Leader Stabs Man For Voting APC During The Elections In Delta. Photos / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by lovewins: 2:00am On Feb 20, 2023
According to a recent ICIR article, Nigeria accounts for 89% of martyred christians worldwide. The article which tracks report from October 2022 to September 2022 further explains that "out of the total of 5,621 Christians killed for their faith during the reporting period, Nigeria recorded 5,014, marking the country as one of the most dangerous places “to follow Jesus”.

For a Christian in Nigeria voting in the forthcoming election, isn't it valid for this to gain top priority in your consideration for who becomes president?

In an hypothetical situation of the APC winning the Presidential election this Saturday, chances are it will take a cumulative of 24 years before a Nigerian of the christian faith have any chance of being president of Nigeria. Let me explain.

President Muhammadu Buhari will be completing a 8 year tenure in May. Should the APC win, Asiwaju is likely to spend another 8 years as president. The North haven bequeathed the presidential slot to southern Nigeria by consensus in Asiwaju will rightfully demand a rotation in another 8 years. We'll then have another 8 years of a Muslim President, before it rotates back south. A whopping 24 years before a Nigerian of the Christian faith is likely to be president. Shouldn't this be valid considerations?

This isn't an advocacy for voting along religious lines (far from it), these are just considerations I believe are valid and should be part of the decision process of helping Nigerians, particularly those of the Christian faith to make a decision towards the forthcoming presidential elections.

3 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 20, 2023
Any educated and enlightened person should know that, His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has fulfilled all constitutional rights to become President.

It’s saddening to know that some unscrupulous illiterates are still drawing ethno-religious lines in 2023. The constitution is accessible to all Nigerians, and no clause has been voided, so why have some people chosen to oink on baseless terms.

If you have a problem with democracy, fight for the emancipation of communism or military rule.

Let the electorates decide and stop wailing. Many have seen beyond ethnic and religious lines and are rooting for competence, experience, accomplishment and achievements.

And if anyone chooses to draw those lines wider, it’s still healthy for the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Nikodes: 2:29am On Feb 20, 2023
Forget the long epistle Nigerian politics is a game of religion and ethnicity
Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by limeta(f): 2:53am On Feb 20, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Any educated and enlightened person should know that, His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has fulfilled all constitutional rights to become President.

It’s saddening to know that some unscrupulous illiterates are still drawing ethno-religious lines in 2023. The constitution is accessible to all Nigerians, and no clause has been voided, so why have some people chosen to oink on baseless terms.

If you have a problem with democracy, fight for the emancipation of communism or military rule.

Let the electorates decide and stop wailing. Many have seen beyond ethnic and religious lines and are rooting for competence, experience, accomplishment and achievements.

And if anyone chooses to draw those lines wider, it’s still healthy for the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

You are exactly what islam made you soulless
Tell them the truth tell them what islam says about Muslims and unbelievers ,not the kill them where ever you find them like is happening in southern kaduna
No not that one .
I mean the one about Muslims and governorship.

No taqqiya i warn you

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 20, 2023
limeta:

You are exactly what islam made you soulless
Tell them the truth tell them what islam says about Muslims and unbelievers ,not the kill them where ever you find them like is happening in southern kaduna
No not that one .
I mean the one about Muslims and governorship.

No taqqiya i warn you

If I told you I was a Muslim, would you believe me?

Anyways, you have a right to your opinion. It’s all yours.
Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Ever8090: 3:18am On Feb 20, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

I no blame you, I am sure that if this had been the other way round, by now only God knows the number of churches that would have been burnt to ashes and how many Christians would have been killed with someone like you sweating trough your anus to complain and criticise the move every second of your life, but here you are making noise because Christians are yet to understand that Tinubu has sold his soul to northern Islamic demons to fulfil his long term ambition to rule even as it is obvious that he won't be allowed to run a single term before power moves to the Boko haram founder..

2 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:25am On Feb 20, 2023
It should.

1. St. Paul tells us in 1 Cor 6:1-5 NEVER to vote a muslim..

In vs 4, he says the lowest Christian in the love of God is better than any muslim.

2. In 2 Cor 6:14,15 he asks us to have no part, no concord, no fellowship with muslims.
"Bear not the yoke with unbelievers."
"For what part hath light with darkness; Christ with belial? or the faithful with the unbeliever?" (2 Cor 6:14,15)

Muslims are unbelievers.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 20, 2023
Ever8090:
I no blame you, I am sure that if this had been the other way round, by now only God knows the number of churches that would have been burnt to ashes and how many Christians would have been killed with someone like you sweating trough your anus to complain and criticise the move every second of your life, but here you are making noise because Christians are yet to understand that Tinubu has sold his soul to northern Islamic demons to fulfil his long term ambition to rule even as it is obvious that he won't be allowed to run a single term before power moves to the Boko haram founder..

You using emotions to make a point! Like I said, let the electorates decide. If majority feel uncomfortable, Asiwaju will lose, and if vice versal, so be it!

The Democratic and constitutional processes have been followed and that will remain.

Anyone who is not satisfied should go express his grievances at his/her polling station.

Enough of all these baseless ethnorelogious lines!

Asiwaju remains strong, unwavering, and unshaken!
Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by jared007: 3:33am On Feb 20, 2023
The great man of God pastor Chris said christians would face persecution if they vote the jackal.

2 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by dorodee(m): 3:50am On Feb 20, 2023
A muslim will NEVER vote a christian-christian ticket...
If christians vote APC ... Hmmm last last everybody go chop breakfast..... The wahala will reach us ALL.
Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by lovewins: 4:15am On Feb 20, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

You are being disingenuous..

No where in the post can you remotely infer that "the democratic process is problematic". As a matter of fact, the crux of the post is that Nigerians and particularly Christians have these considerations as they prepare to exercise their democratic rights.

And drawing ethno-religious lines as you try to put it (even though that isn't the intention) isn't a symptom of illiteracy as you put it. Having deep considerations for the ethnic and religious diversity of the country is as "progressive" and democratic as they come.

The USA who we all see as the poster boy of democratic ideals is a big on these considerations. They term it being inclusive, but it is basically being sensitive to the diversity of a nation to see every strata of society represented. Attached are a few of his public comments to buttress this.

The post isn't saying people must not vote Asiwaju, neither did it say Christians must vote along religious lines. It is simply saying before you vote, kindly consider this.

Re: Shouldn't Religious Concerns Be A Consideration For Christians In The Elections? by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 20, 2023
lovewins:

You are being disingenuous..

No where in the post can you remotely infer that "the democratic process is problematic". As a matter of fact, the crux of the post is that Nigerians and particularly Christians have these considerations as they prepare to exercise their democratic rights.

And drawing ethno-religious lines as you try to put it (even though that isn't the intention) isn't a symptom of illiteracy as you put it. Having deep considerations for the ethnic and religious diversity of the country is as "progressive" and democratic as they come.

The USA who we all see as the poster boy of democratic ideals is a big on these considerations. They term it being inclusive, but it is basically being sensitive to the diversity of a nation to see every strata of society represented. Attached are a few of his public comments to buttress this.

The post isn't saying people must not vote Asiwaju, neither did it say Christians must vote along religious lines. It is simply saying before you vote, kindly consider this.

Bidens nomination are just born out inclusion, it’s not constitutionally mandated. Trump and Pence did not reciprocate same, in fact, A white judge was nominated and no one screamed marginalization. Indians have never ruled America before if not for the emergence of Kamala Harris.

In the Nigerian context, has indigenous religion ever ruled Nigeria? Do they scream marginalization or request follower to think twice before voting?

The moment religion is brought to the table, I know where these lots are aiming at, and like I stated earlier, the electorates should decide. Anyone can think twice or thrice before voting, the reality ahead is already glaring. Asiwaju will emerge victorious!

(1) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Message To Ndi-igbo, Sit-at-home Do Not Guarantee Freedom, Please G / Five Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack LP, PDP Convoys In Enugu / My Analysis Of Nigeria's 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.