Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State (1339 Views)

Marshal Obuzor, Wike's Aide, Endorses Tinubu: He Has One Leg In Aso Rock / IGP Adamu Commissions Nigeria Police Radio 99.1FM, Abuja / President Buhari Commissions Nigeria's Largest Onshore LPG Plant In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2023
IKPEAZU COMMISSIONS NIGERIA BRITISH UNIVERSITY, OBUZOR UKWA...

ASSURES OF GOVERNMENT CONTINUED SUPPORT.

The Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has described education as one of the most serious businesses of the people of Abia State. The Governor also approved scholarships for 20 students of the new Nigerian British University, Ukwa with an assurance of the support and commitment of the Abia State government towards the growth and upliftment of the institution.

Ikpeazu who made the announcement, Friday, during the official opening of the University situated at Obuzor, Ukwa West LGA of the State, however stated that 5 out of the 20 beneficiaries of the scholarship must be drawn from the Host Community of Ukwa West LGA.
The Governor while noting that part of his administration's commitment is to make Abia state an enclave for education from the Primary through Secondary and Tertiary levels as well as create platforms and opportunities for young emerging intellectuals to learn, express themselves and aspire to become whatever they desire.

He further noted that the addition of the institution within the Abia space is not only a blessing to the State and expresed hope that the University would top the league of universities in Nigeria and across Africa.

In his address, the Pro Chancellor of the Institution, Dr. Chukwuemeka Umeoji said the decision to establish the University was informed by the resolve to offer quality education and reduce the frequent educational migration of Nigerian students to the United Kingdom.
He said that the educational system is designed to accommodate all students and treat them as diplomats which is different from how students are treated in Africa, adding that the University consists of World class facilities including; the Faculty of Computer science, Faculty of Law and the School of Business Administration.

In their remarks, the DVC Administration Professor Ruth Ashford and Director Academic Planning, Dr Medlene Medfield, who spoke virtually, said the objective of establishing the institution is to create a pull of diversified graduates who would solve global and local challenges as well as produce students with first hand academics and mentorship.

They said the school is first of its kind east of the Niger with the objective to institute British high academic standard in Nigeria.
The Member representing Aguata Federal Constituency and Elder Brother to the Pro Chancellor, Hon. Chukwuma Umeoji, the Member representing Ukwa West, Hon. Godwin Adiele, Secretary to Government, Hon. Chris Ezem, former Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Eric Acho Nwakanma, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the Deputy Governor, Sir Don Ubani, Elder Raymond Aliga, MON, Traditional Rulers of Ukwa and Anambra State ,members the academia and Host of others attended the ceremony.

The Governor later cut the tape and unveiled the commemorative plaque to mark the official commissioning of the University.

Sir Onyebuchi Ememanka
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
17th February, 2023.

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by Chineduawka: 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
Jesus... Ipeasu this bedroom apartment..

Ah alaigbo is gone 😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by Mrkumareze(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
Op, she you posting more pix or this is the only pix
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
more

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by dominic17: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
This university nursery school or what?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Mrkumareze:
Op, she you posting more pix or this is the only pix

The school is larger than it is.

I am waiting for more pics from the school myself. This is not what the school is on ground.

Hopefully they will do drone view
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
Chineduawka:
Jesus... Ipeasu this bedroom apartment..

Ah alaigbo is gone 😭😭😭

This is a private university, not public university.

It was not built by Ikpeazu or ABia State.
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
dominic17:
This university nursery school or what?

The pics does not do justice to what the school is. THis is just what I could find online

And they are still building.

They commisioned it so that they can start admission and enrollment
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by dominic17: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
OK it is welcome development we need more this to make Abia more productive.
NwekereNdoki:

The pics does not do justice to what the school is. THis is just what I could find online

And they are still building.

They commisioned it so that they can start admission and enrollment

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by tishbite41(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Na wa o
Na staff primary school be this?!
Nigeria is gone
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
tishbite41:
Na wa o
Nigeria is gone

Read up my previous reply

The pics does not do justice.

This is an old google map pics of it's landmass and areas they will develop. They are still building even during the commision.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by kokoA(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2023
University wey no reach size of the governor house.. Na byforce to comission something ni? undecided
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by tishbite41(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Read up my previous reply

The pics does not do justice.

This is an old google map pics of it's landmass and areas they will develop. They are still building even during the commision.
All the same, the school is not serious
A photographer would have been hired to do a thorough job
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by tishbite41(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Are they hiring lecturers?
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdokl: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2023
Abia is a cursed backward useless worthless shithole state. Aba needs good roads and good sanitation and not building substandard building
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by Chineduawka: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

This is a private university, not public university.

It was not built by Ikpeazu or ABia State.

Keep celebrating mediocre

Obi ti luleeeeeeee piiiiiii
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2023
tishbite41:

All the same, the school is not serious
A photographer would have been hired to do a thorough job

Na wa is english so hard?? I said this is what i could get... How do you know they did not hire a photographer??

If you observe at the left hand side there is a drone. They hired a drone and they won't hire a photographer?? Na wa.

Chill dude. They will release more pics as they get it. It was commissioned today so chill

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdoki: 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
Chineduawka:

Clown. So i should not celebrate private investment in the state no matter how small (which it is not)

I don't even have time for dunce head.

Please move on
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdokl: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
Shut up your dirty mouth. Abia is the worst and most backward state in Nigeria. You should be hiding in shame

NwekereNdoki:

Clown. So i should not celebrate private investment in the state no matter how small (which it is not)

I don't even have time for dunce head.

Please move on
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by NwekereNdokl: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Chineduawka:

Abia state is cursed. Their governor shares this in every election to get their votes, meanwhile there's no reasonable infrastructure or payment of salaries

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by tishbite41(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Na wa is english so hard?? I said this is what i could get... How do you know they did not hire a photographer??

If you observe at the left hand side there is a drone. They hired a drone and they won't hire a photographer?? Na wa.

Chill dude. They will release more pics as they get it. It was commissioned today so chill
Sorry o
No be fight
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by whitejs: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
How much is the school fee
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by MXrep: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2023
tishbite41:
Na wa o
Nigeria is gone
UNN started with wooden classrooms
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Nigeria British University, Obuzor Ukwa, Abia State by tishbite41(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05
MXrep:

UNN started with wooden classrooms
We're talking about 2023, not 1958

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Make Tinubu ‘heir To His Throne Of Corruption. USA Prof / ‘this Is Treason’— FG Warns Peter Obi Over Inciting Comments / Peter Obi Should Take A Break From Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.