Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,214 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Control Peoples' Mobile Phones From Remote Location - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Control Peoples' Mobile Phones From Remote Location (953 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why / Buying Of Phones From OLX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Control Peoples' Mobile Phones From Remote Location by konari(m): 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2007
If a person has my mobile phone number as well as imei and phone make/model can the person hack into my phone? A lot of damage could be done if thats possible, stop to think about it, the person could swipe my credit or worse push a virus to my phone. Pls this appeal goes out to the gsm engineers out there who know their onions. This 'guy' claims he can offer internet access for pc via one of the major gsm networks via gprs via vpn (for peanuts) but requires my imei, phone number and model. He has already given me an apn with username and password to prove that the connection works (and i have confirmed that) but requires my phone info so that he can configure my phone, once i pay him some money he'll provide vpn cgi (biko what is that?!!!) Anyway i'm afraid he might be able to remotely control my phone.i assume the imei is like my ip address and with internet connection he can have easy access to my phone from a remote location, the question is: is that possible? Pls gsm gurus, help me out here. I really want the connection but i need to know what the risks are. I know for a fact that once a knowledge person has a phone imei he can do and undo a lot on that phone but the internet connection is very tempting. pls i need more info and advice. Looking forward to intelligent posts from people who know their onions. Ciao

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Phone Repair Technician/Engineer / Help / Which Phone Is Hot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.