Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers (51272 Views)

Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? / Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by kekakuz(m): 8:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Some of the 3 phrases car dealers use to deceive prospective buyers

1. Na woman use am.
Bro na wash. I have fallen for this trick once and I will never fall again.it is believed that women don't use cars rough or women drive delicately so the car must still be in a good shape. That is a lie. Women are the worse car user and I say this with no apology. They don't pay attention to dashboard warnings, they don't check their fluids and this often lead to a damaged engine or a burnt gasket. If you see a car used by a woman for a long time, just check if the engine has been opened. My claims here are backed by my experience.

2. Direct Belgium standard.
Another Big lie here .once you have serviced your car with Nigerian oil,never call that car Direct Belgium standard. Driving your car on Nigerian road for 6 months is equal to driving it abroad for 3 years. Don't fall for this trick. Ensure you check well.

3. AC just needs gas toping/Small leakage.
Just be ready to buy compressor and condenser. All those lies are not necessary.some dealers also Intentionally tamper with the AC to hide an ailing engine. They know you will see how bad the engine is when you run the AC.

4.Distress sale.

If you want to sell your car on distress, you take it to Ladipo or apo and sell immediately at half the worth. Why would you tell me a distress sale Corolla is going for 2.5Million. bro how much be new one .

5.Japa sales
Just like distress sales,if you want to sell because of japa please take your car to a car stand. They will buy it sharp sharp.

6. The owner wants to see the alert before releasing the original Papers.
You don buy Gbese. either the custom papers are fake or it does not have at all . Some dealers will even show you electronic copies but it's all a strategy.

Add yours

271 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 21, 2023
1. Every car on nairaland is six months used.

2. 2008 car upgraded to 2018, especially Lexus

3. Used by a woman grin grin grin. Na this one dey off me pass. Fuxn sexist cheesy

Some women rugged pass NURTW drivers.

419 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Timagex(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
OP, you have finally broken this three legged table. 😁

I AM YOUR PLUG IF YOU NEED SPLUFIC FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES. I AM BASED IN IBADAN AND I CAN TRAVEL ON REQUEST.

Hit me up on zero eight zero 63793158.

174 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by fineboynl(m): 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nothing to fix. Buy and drive to anywhere.

I really don't like buying Nigeria used from car dealers. If you see Nigerian used from the direct owner rush it e get why. You see from dealers they lie alot and they add too much profit to already damaged car.

215 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by nymphomaniac(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2023
AC chilling like Moscow

279 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Dozieson(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2023
nymphomaniac:
AC chilling like Moscow

the worse of all

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by kekakuz(m): 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
Dozieson:

the worse of all
the thing tire me

4 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Day169: 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2023
.. selling cheaply at giveaway price, but the car is still priced at 25% above market value. angry

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Grupo(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2023
Used by a banker.

Na that "ac needs gas" wey dey always vex me more.

AC gas no pass 5k. Fill it, and let's talk.

198 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by fineboynl(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Grupo:
Used by a banker.

Na that "ac needs gas" wey dey always vex me more.

AC gas no pass 5k. Fill it, and let's talk.
the new word now is AC need attention.

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Grupo(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2023
fineboynl:
the new word now is AC need attention.

Imagine. Criminals. 🤣🤣

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by kekakuz(m): 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
Grupo:

Imagine. Criminals. 🤣🤣
lol

3 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Ogbodavies(m): 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2023
it's SOLD... later d car go re-surface for sale again n again..

173 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Angrygoat: 6:31am On Feb 24, 2023
Wel my own car would soon be up for sale. Trust me my ac is harmattan cold .only ish is I'm getting 15mpg. Drinking gas. I need a 3 plugs car

7 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Godsonkemz(m): 11:54am On Feb 25, 2023
Ogbodavies:
it's SOLD...
later d car go re-surface for sale again n again..

The buyer returned the faulty car to be resold to another car novice who would still return it back to be resold.
The cycle continues...

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by uncleck: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2023
Pristine condition. Meanwhile the suspension is already dancing skelewu

Neatly flashed on the first body. Whereas you go find 10mm thickness of filler

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Djreloaded(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2023
nymphomaniac:
AC chilling like Moscow
😹😹

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by fineboynl(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2023
AC chilling. But when you check hot air coming out like heater.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by kekakuz(m): 9:58am On Feb 26, 2023
uncleck:
Pristine condition. Meanwhile the suspension is already dancing skelewu

Neatly flashed on the first body. Whereas you go find 10mm thickness of filler
I avoid painted cars like plague.tge paint is used to cover the history

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by uncleck: 10:25am On Feb 26, 2023
kekakuz:

I avoid painted cars like plague.tge paint is used to cover the history
After painting, they'll now wash or change the headlights, wash the engine compartment and cover the seats with seat cover. They will now say it is tokumbo standard.

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Getrich47(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2023
uncleck:

After painting, they'll now wash or change the headlights, wash the engine compartment and cover the seats with seat cover. They will now say it is tokumbo standard.

grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Sundaycomputer: 1:59am On Mar 01, 2023
I have QX4 for sale available in Ikeja Lagos 08o e39347one79
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Moneyboyz: 1:43am On Mar 02, 2023
All these just dey fear me to buy car now.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by fineboynl(m): 10:22am On Mar 02, 2023
What I noticed to avoid is

A car that is put up for sale as premium the seat shouldn't be covered or done by ofostry. It's a red flag.

The dashboard shouldn't be covered either or done by ofostry.

The smell from the interior should still has a trace of tokunbo.

There is one area that never lied in a car that has been over used
The doors handle both in and out.
The glass rollers button.
The gear handle and button.
The steering handle.
The brake and gas pendel rubber pad faded out or file from one angle. To the extent the iron will chop out as well.

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2023
cheesy grin
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Ugaboy: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Rubyjade: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Roon9(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Na woman use am suppose be put off sef

6 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by southsouthking(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Registered But rarely used, owner based abroad
Aragbala

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
😂😂😂
Distress sale

8 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2023
kekakuz:
Some of the 3 phrases car dealers use to deceive prospective buyers

1. Na woman use am.
Bro na wash. I have fallen for this trick once and I will never fall again.it is believed that women don't use cars rough or women drive delicately so the car must still be in a good shape. That is a lie. Women are the worse car user and I say this with no apology. They don't pay attention to dashboard warnings, they don't check their fluids and this often lead to a damaged engine or a burnt gasket. If you see a car used by a woman for a long time, just check if the engine has been opened. My claims here are backed by my experience.

2. Direct Belgium standard.
Another Big lie here .once you have serviced your car with Nigerian oil,never call that car Direct Belgium standard. Driving your car on Nigerian road for 6 months is equal to driving it abroad for 3 years. Don't fall for this trick. Ensure you check well.

3. AC just needs gas toping/Small leakage.
Just be ready to buy compressor and condenser. All those lies are not necessary.some dealers also Intentionally tamper with the AC to hide an ailing engine. They know you will see how bad the engine is when you run the AC.

4.Distress sale.

If you want to sell your car on distress, you take it to Ladipo or apo and sell immediately at half the worth. Why would you tell me a distress sale Corolla is going for 2.5Million. bro how much be new one .

5.Japa sales
Just like distress sales,if you want to sell because of japa please take your car to a car stand. They will buy it sharp sharp.

6. The owner wants to see the alert before releasing the original Papers.
You don buy Gbese. either the custom papers are fake or it does not have at all . Some dealers will even show you electronic copies but it's all a strategy.

Add yours

Those ones that will tell you its "accident free"tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / Top 10 Most Expensive SUV 2015 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.