Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers (51288 Views)

Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? / Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by ghiloman28(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
Those people can lie

2 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by xristos(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
I agree with Op.

but for those esp with painting/flashin....we know how nigerian roads are..no matter how careful one is..u almost cannot avoid ur bumper(atleast) being bashed or scratched by something(keke, bike, drunk driver, etc)...so duyu expect the owner to leave it like that? will u buy it at value price if u see it like that?...
so what duyu expect seller to do ?? He gotta fix it.

i know there are insincerities...but expect owners'sellers to fix a bashed body part - which include filling and repainting.

Major thing to look out for is chassis deformation (strong accident)

14 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by FarahAideed: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
If you can avoid buying cars from these roadside car dealers please do

9 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by opey112(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
This table op is shaking

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by nonhuman(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Your number 1 is tops the list, I had fallen victim once, women are worst car users, it's better to by a car used for 10years by a man than but one used for 6 months by a women

14 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Oyetboy(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
Lmao
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by CarGuideNG: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
😅

Planning to buy a car?

Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Omoapena(m): 2:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
fineboynl:
What I noticed to avoid is

A car that is put up for sale as premium the seat shouldn't be covered or done by ofostry. It's a red flag.

The dashboard shouldn't be covered either or done by ofostry.

The smell from the interior should still has a trace of tokunbo.

There is one area that never lied in a car that has been over used
The doors handle both in and out.
The glass rollers button.
The gear handle and button.
The steering handle.
The brake and gas pendel rubber pad faded out or file from one angle. To the extent the iron will chop out as well.

Oga, so you expect a car that has been driven for 1year to have foreign smell inside??

Better go buy the foreign used and save yourself from unnecessary hassle...

7 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by sirjoggy(m): 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by jaxxy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
Everything is not a lie sometimes it's u that is paranoid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Porpulace: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
kekakuz:
Some of the 3 phrases car dealers use to deceive prospective buyers

1. Na woman use am.
Bro na wash. I have fallen for this trick once and I will never fall again.it is believed that women don't use cars rough or women drive delicately so the car must still be in a good shape. That is a lie. Women are the worse car user and I say this with no apology. They don't pay attention to dashboard warnings, they don't check their fluids and this often lead to a damaged engine or a burnt gasket. If you see a car used by a woman for a long time, just check if the engine has been opened. My claims here are backed by my experience.

2. Direct Belgium standard.
Another Big lie here .once you have serviced your car with Nigerian oil,never call that car Direct Belgium standard. Driving your car on Nigerian road for 6 months is equal to driving it abroad for 3 years. Don't fall for this trick. Ensure you check well.

3. AC just needs gas toping/Small leakage.
Just be ready to buy compressor and condenser. All those lies are not necessary.some dealers also Intentionally tamper with the AC to hide an ailing engine. They know you will see how bad the engine is when you run the AC.

4.Distress sale.

If you want to sell your car on distress, you take it to Ladipo or apo and sell immediately at half the worth. Why would you tell me a distress sale Corolla is going for 2.5Million. bro how much be new one .

5.Japa sales
Just like distress sales,if you want to sell because of japa please take your car to a car stand. They will buy it sharp sharp.

6. The owner wants to see the alert before releasing the original Papers.
You don buy Gbese. either the custom papers are fake or it does not have at all . Some dealers will even show you electronic copies but it's all a strategy.

Add yours

7) Are you buying?
Someone else wants to buy this car sharp sharp oh.

27 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Cutehector(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
Omo...no need...na to just buy from afialink on facebook.
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Cutehector(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
jaxxy:
Everything is not a lie sometimes it's u that is paranoid.
omo... As long as it is nairaland, na lie abeg

1 Like

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Billionaire2: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nothing to fix , buy and drive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by SleekyP(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Please don't buy Nigerian Used Corolla..please please grin grin

its either oil leakage/engine rigged.

20 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by malele(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
It’s really a pit what I read here , some people think it’s brand new car they are buying.
how can buying a used car with workout brake pad an issue ? How can a painted car be an issue ? Nawah oo

1 Like

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by FireUpNow(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
nymphomaniac:
AC chilling like Moscow
Are you related to Putin? To be honest I got benz for under a million from someone who needed money so urgently and the car was very smooth

4 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Akalia(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
nymphomaniac:
AC chilling like Moscow
The correct phrase rather is "AC mortuary standard".

24 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by skj1377(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
1) used briefly for 6months .
2) the custom paper is with the owner.
3) the ac is working perfect.
4) it was when they removed it from the Container it had accident.
5) the car no come with spare tyre

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Olasyke:
1. Every car on nairaland is six months used.

2. 2008 car upgraded to 2018, especially Lexuses

3. Used by a woman grin grin grin. Na this one dey off me pass. Fuxn sexist cheesy

Some women rugged pass NURTW drivers
My kid sister... Lawwd have mercy 😁

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by BigCowHornn: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
What in he'll will make me buy Nigerian used car ?

Even the one my friend is is using I won't buy

2 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by ElyonG(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
I saw a car I wanted Nigerian Used thou and the was so specific that the engine has been worked on.

The car is neat but am scared why !!

He said no Custom papers and I ask how would five a car without a customer papers ge said if I don't travel no problem.

Please your advice on this.

Note ::: He said custom paper lost.

1 Like

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Antai123(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
You don spoil people market what do u stand to gain. Ololololololoooooo grin
Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Chetas81(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
NIGERIA IS THE PLACE WHERE MR MAN HAVE NO HOUSE BUT PREFER TO CHASE CAR 🚗 CALLED MOTOR

2 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by saysugar(m): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Find direct owner naija use,especially cars with clergy on windscreen

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by otipoju(m): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
fineboynl:
What I noticed to avoid is

A car that is put up for sale as premium the seat shouldn't be covered or done by ofostry. It's a red flag.

The dashboard shouldn't be covered either or done by ofostry.

The smell from the interior should still has a trace of tokunbo.

There is one area that never lied in a car that has been over used
The doors handle both in and out.
The glass rollers button.
The gear handle and button.
The steering handle.
The brake and gas pendel rubber pad faded out or file from one angle. To the extent the iron will chop out as well.

Upholstery is the correct spelling. Thank you

29 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by saysugar(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
malele:
It’s really a pit what I read here , some people think it’s brand new car they are buying.
how can buying a used car with workout brake pad an issue ? How can a painted car be an issue ? Nawah oo
well to be honest buying 9ja used car,painting shouldn't be worried about but avoid the dealers, dealers will want to sell 9ja used as toks that's so worst

8 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by donsheddy1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Olasyke:
1. Every car on nairaland is six months used.

2. 2008 car upgraded to 2018, especially Lexuses

3. Used by a woman grin grin grin. Na this one dey off me pass. Fuxn sexist cheesy

Some women rugged pass NURTW drivers.
What's Lexuses for heaven's sake?

7 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by SouthSouth1914: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dear let: Car is Lagos cleared.

Buyer: Post VIN #.

dealer left what’sapp messages unread!

6 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
ElyonG:
I saw a car I wanted Nigerian Used thou and the was so specific that the engine has been worked on.

The car is neat but am scared why !!

He said no Custom papers and I ask how would five a car without a customer papers ge said if I don't travel no problem.

Please your advice on this.

Note ::: He said custom paper lost.
Better leav the Purchase and look 4 another Car b4 u mistakenly enter Security Problems that might mak u pay Half a Million

11 Likes

Re: 6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers by Soulsymbol99: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Who said women are better drivers undecided women wey no sabi where pothole dey or wen to slow down n pass a bad spot.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / Top 10 Most Expensive SUV 2015 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.