Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? (732 Views)

Rotimi Fashakin: Osinbajo Not A Betrayer, He Got Tinubu’s Blessing To Contest / 2023: Osinbajo, Not FEC, Stood Down Amaechi’s Security Memo - New Telegraph / 2023: White Witches Urge Osinbajo Not To Join Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by timefarm(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
I am just wondering why Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has not participated in any of the campaign of his party especially presidential campaign. What could have been the cause?

Was he bitter he didnot win primaries. I definitely dont think so considering his nature and moderate influence in the party.

My theory is that Tinubu feel betrayed by him contesting against him and do not want anything to do with him and ask him not to be involved...

Even though Tinubu has moved along eith other contestants, I have not seen same energy with Osinbajo. Perhaps because he feels he is brother and person he helped, moreso Yoruba generally like to forgive, help others except their own...

What is your view?

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Pauldollars(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
Only Nairalanders believe all Yorubas are supporting Tinubu grin
Any other Nigerian is omo yeeboo

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by immortalcrown(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hebis a typical Yoruba man. He doesn't want to show where je stands.
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Felabrity: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Because he don't want Nigerians to blame him in the future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by PrinceOfLagos: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
He's not in good terms with Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Emmanuella00(f): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Who knows?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Urheadmaster(m): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Is a clear sign that tulubo is on is own tongue
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by NothingDoMe: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
timefarm:
I am just wondering why Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has not participated in any of the campaign of his party especially presidential campaign. What could have been the cause?

Was he bitter he didnot win primaries. I definitely dont think so considering his nature and moderate influence in the party.

My theory is that Tinubu feel betrayed by him contesting against him and do not want anything to do with him and ask him not to be involved...

Even though Tinubu has moved along eith other contestants, I have not seen same energy with Osinbajo. Perhaps because he feels he is brother and person he helped, moreso Yoruba generally like to forgive, help others except their own...

Whatbis your view.
Because he hoped to fix Buhari's flaws given the chance.

He cannot in good conscience campaign for Tiffnubu knowing that 2m Redeemed Church votes are at stake.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by lovewins: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
timefarm:

What is your view?

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

It's quite simple.

Osinbajo is quite principled, and he is fundamentally against the Muslim - Muslim ticket. It obviously didn't start today.

Prior to the 2015 election when the then ACN camp were making permutations about a Buhari-Asiwaju ticket, Osinbajo who had no incline that he was going to be chosen was one of the very few persons that was vehemently against the idea.

While he may have personal reservations about Asiwaju's candidature as a person, I think he would have been more obliged to campaign for him had he chosen a Christian running mate from the North.

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by timefarm(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
lovewins:

It's quite simple.

Osinbajo is quite principled, and he is fundamentally against the Muslim - Muslim ticket. It obviously didn't start today.

What evidence do you have to back your claim?
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by lovewins: 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
timefarm:

What evidence do you have to back your claim?

Modified my comment. Read again.
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Gaabasky: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
Your reasons is purely your own. Has his supports changed anything from Tinubu? The answer is no. In fact u sud be wary of someone of Osinbajo supporting u.
Tinubu visited all those that co-contested with him immediately after the primary, he didn't stopped there he even went to Osinbajo house and bowed for him. The video is there for you to check. Upon all what he did even though he knw it was his enemies, the cabals that brought Osinbajo out to contest against him. The same cabals that are using Emefiele to punish the whole Nigerian because of Tinubu.
Tinubu has done much more for Osinbajo than what Osinbajo has done for him. So if Yemi is not replicating the same gesture for Tinubu that his problem. It is not Tinubu's problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by 2elliot: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2023
lovewins:

It's quite simple.

Prior to the 2015 election when the then ACN camp were making permutations about a Buhari-Asiwaju ticket, Osinbajo who had no incline that he was going to be chosen was one of the very few persons that was vehemently against the idea.

While he may have personal reservations about Asiwaju's candidature as a person, I think he would have been more obliged to campaign for him had he chosen a Christian running mate from the North.
Tinubu should have gone with a Christian in the north. That would have given the Christians over there a sense of belonging. From the way things are going, it might be hard to have a Christian northerner as president or unless the south makes a sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by feedthenation(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
---PYO maintained his bipartisan very well during this election---he can retire to enjoy his massive pension as ex-VP---most definitely he will write a book---
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by flokii: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
He is the sitting Vice President for crying out loud.. The SW governors and speaker house of reps are doing a great job already.

I hope they lock shops so y'all won't see sniper to buy after saturday..this obsession is just too much.
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by timefarm(m): 12:42am On Feb 22, 2023
flokii:
He is the sitting Vice President for crying out loud.. The SW governors and speaker house of reps are doing a great job already.

I hope they lock shops so y'all won't see sniper to buy after saturday..this obsession is just too much.
I think something is wrong with you. What in the post suggest I have any particular candidate?

I observed and gave my opinion.

Dont be stupid!
Re: Why Has Osinbajo Not Participated In The Campaign? by Buccalcavity2: 4:24am On Feb 22, 2023
Personally I'll be disappointed if Osinbajo has any animosity against BAT.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 People Killed In Iyowa Community, Benin City. / See Your New President, Nigerians / How APC Rigged The 2023 Presidential Election (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.