Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria (3588 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! / Is Northern Nigeria Really More Populated Than Southern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 22, 2023
QuotaSystem:

Nigeria is also the only country in entire sub-Saharan Africa that has people that think that a largely polygamous population would be less than a monogamous population.
The Nigerian education system needs a serious overhaul honestly because I don’t understand how a grown supposedly educated adult would think that polygamy leads to a higher population. The population of a region depends on the number of fertile women in that region and how often they procreate. If 4 women are married to 1 man in one region, does it automatically mean they would have more children than 4 women married to 4 different men in a neighboring region?
How does polygamy affect the size of fertile women in a particular geographical area?

1 Like

Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2023
Digitron:
Nigeria is the only country in the entire sub Saharan Africa where the population of people leaving close to the sea is lesser than the populati on of people leaving close to the dessert

This line of thought always beats my imagination, likee someone logical is making this point?
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by fk001(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2023
How will you compare people that marry 4 wives on an average whether rich or poor to those that marry one wife?

How can you compare those that bore at least nothing less than 7 children max 50 children per house hold to those that bore less than 10 children max.

How can you compare those that marry at the age of 14 for girls with high fertility rate before she reaches menopause and for male they get marry as young as 16 and they will keep bearing children year in year out and you want to compare them to those that their female marry when they almost hit menopause some don't marry at all, while the men dont believe in marriage anymore.

I can go on and on but let me stop here.

North is arid vegetation with vast area of land that are not fully occupied despite their population. The only little desert area is some part of northern Borno, and sokoto and people still live there.

Food crops and cash crops tend to thrive more in arid vegetation where there is a controllable amount of rain and balanced weather. You can't compare it with rainforest where there is none stop rain, only plantation crop thrives better on rainforest climate.
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2023
QuotaSystem:

Nigeria is also the only country in entire sub-Saharan Africa that has people that think that a largely polygamous population would be less than a monogamous population.

And Nigeria is the only country where people live less near the ocean and people live more in the dry desert areas.....
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Urchinpainer: 10:55am On Feb 22, 2023
FlyingKing:
Well, looking at the number of States in that geopolitical zones that fall in the north and also with the way they give birth in that region, North is more populated that South...

If you now add cow join.....

It's only those who have not been to the north that will say it's more populated than the south. In the north some so called local government don't have upto 300k people.

You see this election that accreditation will be done with BVAS, that population myth will be bursted full time.

3 Likes

Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by honour7: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2023
Digitron:
Nigeria is the only country in the entire sub Saharan Africa where the population of people leaving close to the sea is lesser than the population of people leaving close to the dessert

You making a valid point, why is this so
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Bede2u(m): 11:27am On Feb 22, 2023
QuotaSystem:

so how come Saudi Arabia is not more populous than ordinary Canada?

1 Like

Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Digitron: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2023
honour7:

You making a valid point, why is this so

It is the same thing now.
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Ofodirinwa: 11:42am On Feb 22, 2023
QuotaSystem:

Polygamy does make a place more populace. China is momogamous and more populace than the entire middle east combine which is polygamous. If 1 father has 20 wives its no different than 20 men having 20 wives. If each wife has 5 children, thats all that matters.

You forget polygamous societies also have a lot of unmarried men. These men will die without reproducing. All that matters is how many children are produced and kept alive.

If you make 500 naira with 1 business or 4 businesses you still made 500 naira.
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by MadamExcellency: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Ayed44:
An average southern man will have just one wife and end up having 2 or 3 kids, while an average northern man will have 4 wives and end up having 20 kids. Do the maths.

If you doubt me, visit northern Nigeria.

Children are calculated per woman not per sperm donor. If the women in the South are more in population then the demography favours the South. If you like marry 10 wives, it's inconsequential
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Vado(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2023
Ayed44:
An average southern man will have just one wife and end up having 2 or 3 kids, while an average northern man will have 4 wives and end up having 20 kids. Do the maths.

That does not change anything. Northern Nigerian has the highest death rates in Nigeria. Maternal mortality rate, Malaria, HIV-AIDS, Terrorism inclined deaths the north takes the lead. Someone with 10 children would tell you only two survived to adulthood.
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by leokid866: 11:49am On Feb 22, 2023
Vado:

That does not change anything. Northern Nigerian has the highest death rates in Nigeria. Maternal mortality rate, Malaria, HIV-AIDS, Terrorism inclined deaths the north takes the lead. Someone with 10 children would tell you only two survived to adulthood.
doesn't they died as children and even if they do within their short lifespan they still count towards the population
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Baronthecelebri: 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2023
The weed you took has expired
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Auscajwazobia: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2023
Illiterate. You need to study the stats before concluding. Endeavor to research before spewing trash
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Progressiveby: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
FlyingKing:
Well, looking at the number of States in that geopolitical zones that fall in the north and also with the way they give birth in that region, North is more populated that South...

If you now add cow join.....

That's what they want you to believe. How many twins are born in the north compared to south, how many out of wedlock children do they have and how many healthy children do they have? Large land is not large population. South of is bigger than Nigeria, Chad and Nigeria but what is their population. There are more human beings in south than in the north. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Jogs1900: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ayed44:

Are Nigerians and Chadians with similar culture and tradition not having more than one wife? Niger with larger land mass than the whole of Nigeria has population of 25m..How come Northern Nigeria population is around 100m.Southern Nigeria is meant to have more population because it's more habitable than northern Nigeria.Well, if BVAS is allowed to work tomorrow, we will know the region that has more voting strength in the country.
When it comes to migration, more people migrate from northern Nigeria than to Southern Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/columnist/article/destroying-the-great-northern-nigerian-population-myth/
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Jogs1900: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
Urchinpainer:

It's only those who have not been to the north that will say it's more populated than the south. In the north some so called local government don't have upto 300k people.

You see this election that accreditation will be done with BVAS, that population myth will be bursted full time.
I just pray they allow the BVAS work through out.
Im interested in knowing the region with more voting strength.
Niger republic with lager landmass than the whole of Nigerias population is around 25m.
These Nigeriens too marry more than more wives and have many children. How come this has been used in determining population figures in Nigeria?
Re: I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria by Kukutenla: 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
The first thing is that northern Nigeria geographically eats into southern Nigeria
Secondly, North got an head start in terms of census than the South and it's remain so ever since

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasarawa Woman Protesting Naked Against Sule’s S’court Victory Shot At (pics) / You, What Will Jesus Do, If He Saw The Satellite Pictures Of Nigeria And Census / Ndlea Seizes N4bn Worth Of Cocaine At Tin Can Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.