Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

2023 Presidential Election... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election... (156 Views)

Reno Omokri Mocks Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition / Okorocha: Amaechi, Oshiomhole Are Trying To Stop My 2023 Presidential Ambition / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidential Election... by frankman365(m): 6:43am On Feb 24, 2023
This election will bring a whole lot of lessons for lovers of history and political scientists.
1. Whoever wins, at least one gerontocrat must retire or at least give up the hope of being president of Nigeria.

2. The election is going to be an appraisal of how gullible or otherwise the people are, that's believing that the election will be credible. After suffering for almost 8yrs, one would expect the people to act appropriately at the polls. That's not always the case.
The level of poverty, education and political awareness will play a huge role.

3. For AA, if he loses, his past mistakes will continue to haunt him, even though he may not admit them publicly. His decision not to run against his former boss(OBJ) in the 2003 elections and his defection from PDP to APC in 2014 will be remembered as his political own goals.

4. For BAT, it's a case of a lifetime investment in what you want. If he wins, he will go down in history as one of the best political strategists Nigeria ever had. He worked and laboured for this day. Remember, I am not trying to say that BAT has done good or bad. It's all about playing your game. Politics is majorly about winning elections. If BAT loses then he retires from his lifelong dream. It's that simple. So he has to give it his all. I believe BAT has done that.

5. Peter Obi; he has shown that it is POssible. Very many people never gave him a chance. I strongly believe that PO's quest would have been made easier if PDP had given him their ticket. His case is like giving a grade-A driver a Honda Accord 1999 to compete with a grade-B driver who has a Lexus ES 2015. The odds are seriously against him for sure.

6. If PO loses there's a lot of positivity in his movement, people can now believe. The keyword is BELIEVE.
If Atiku loses, there will be regrets and blame games everywhere same as when BAT loses.
I don't want to talk about what happens when any one of them wins. One thing I believe, none of them will be worse than Buhari, at least based on the antecedent of the candidates.

7. My prediction vs my wish
I see a BAT victory... This is the reason.
Almost all APC governors are solidly behind him, at least we've been made to understand. Barring any betrayal(of course that's part of the game), BAT should win, even though it may be through a run-off.
The run-off election, if it happens will be between AA and BAT.

8. RMK; he will play a spoiler in this election unless he sells out just like Tambuwal did in the primaries. I don't see him going beyond his region in terms of numbers.

9. I seriously wish PO to win but the majority will always carry the day.

If wishes were to be horses...

Frankman will be voting... By his Grace.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election... by WhizdomXX(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2023
Just vote Obi. God will do the rest.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election... by Nice2023(m): 7:58am On Feb 24, 2023
I don't see Tinubu wining...that is not what I saw.

Believe this!
Re: 2023 Presidential Election... by frankman365(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
This thread was an unpopular opinion, but the truth had to be told. BAT has won, we just have to move forward. Like I said before, none of the front runners will be as bad as Buhari. In terms of deficit in Knowledge, nepotism and impunity. Tinubu should at least appoint men of sound knowledge of the economy not all those mediocre appointees from Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Intercepts N32.4m Allegedly Meant For Vote-buying In Lagos / #nigeria Decides 2023 / 2023 Elections: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, And Kwankwaso Run For President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.