Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,082 members, 7,849,394 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs (430 Views)

Justus Mogekwu: Ban Christians Without PVCs From Holy Communion / APC May Not Have Candidate For Ondo Governorship Election - INEC Warns / No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by TradeTime: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2023
With just under 24 hours left, Nigerians are on the brink of determining their next leader.

People in Nigeria who do not possess Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) have been advised to refrain from going to polling stations during Election Day, as only those who hold valid PVCs will be permitted to cast their votes.

The advisory issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Thursday, February 23, 2023, in Abuja, noted that on election day, only the PVC would serve as a means of identification, with INEC's dedication to utilizing the Bimadal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) for accrediting voters and uploading election results to the Result Viewing Portal (IReV).

The commission’s Chairman of the Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye said: "As Nigerians go to the polling units on Election Day, we want to point out that it is a mandatory provision of the Electoral Act that every citizen who wants to vote in the coming election must have a PVC.

“It is a mandatory requirement of Section 47, subsection 1 of the Electoral Act.

“So, individuals that do not have the PVC are not required to approach any of our polling units.

“No individual is permitted to go to the polling units and provide any other means of identification other than the PVC.”

Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by kestolove95(m): 10:30am On Feb 24, 2023
I hope obi people dey hear... Make dem dey online we go dey polling unit

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by Massiveglory: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2023
kestolove95:
I hope obi people dey hear... Make dem dey online we go dey polling unit

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by TradeTime: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
It's just tomorrow, our PVCs would decide.
Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by Malory: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
Urchins have been warned.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by Nbote(m): 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
That's how someone was ranting about how so long as your information is in the BVAS u can go and use your thumbprint. The kind of slaps and insults Nigerians who are frustrated will mete out on him will shock him
Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by Massiveglory: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2023
Beware of fake new naira notes!

Reports coming in says a lot of fake new naira notes have been printed by desperate and evil politicians to be shared at polling booths.

Such wicked acts will not only deceive you to sell your votes but the fake notes could also land you in jail.

Refuse the be compromised.
Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by FreeStuffsNG: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2023
It is no brainer but Mr Obi's followers kept sharing the fake news to ensure unregistered folks crowd the polling units to cause havoc.

I would have ignored this if I had not recieved the message below on whstsapp from one of the followers of Mr Obi who has no PVC.
Thank you Mr Okoye for the great job.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: 2023 Elections: INEC Warns Nigerians Without Pvcs by Caramia2020(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2023
Good, people should respect themselves tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Election Still Going On In My Polling Unit. / Petition: Us, Canada, Uk, To Cancel INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Visa / Igbos, Go And Read About The Holocaust, D Great Return & Replicate It In Alaigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.