Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Could Security Have Been Compromised In Lagos Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Security Have Been Compromised In Lagos Elections? (405 Views)

Lagos: Elections Are Not Perfect In Every State - Reno Omokri / Obi supporters Vow To Bring “violence” And “weapons” To Lagos Elections / Security Have Put In Place For Igbos Fomenting Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Security Have Been Compromised In Lagos Elections? by Jeboy(m): 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
I am excited because I and my wife will be voting for the 1st time together being my 3rd time and her 1st.

We voted and decided to stay and protect our vote at Construction 1 Agric Bus Stop (Ipakodo Ward), Ikorodu Lagos.

The turn out was almost 200 and it was not business as usual. The voting process was credible and free and fair. The thugs around started causing problems seeing people's turn out. Smelling defeat they started threatening us and even the Chairman of Ipakodo came to incite his boys that they don't know most of us to live here and we are all igbos.

What shocked me is how the OPMESA guys and the Police called left us after speaking with the thugs.

As we were counting the Senatorial votes, thugs came with stones to disrupt the process, everyone fled for their lives and the over 200 votes we could have won for Obi was lost to thugs.

Could this security agents be compromised because backup was sought many times by two female police officers but none came after the Chairman of the Ipakodo LGA met with the security team and they left telling us all is well.

1 Like

Re: Could Security Have Been Compromised In Lagos Elections? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2023
Do not rely on Nigerian security for your protection.See personnel that displayed combat ready artillery battalion before the election.They were no where to be found when thugs are destroying ballot papers and harrassing apc opposition stronghold.

1 Like

Re: Could Security Have Been Compromised In Lagos Elections? by Jeboy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 25, 2023
It's just too bad.

The least govt can do for us is giving us security to make it free and fair.

Our wasted efforts and the injuries my wife sustained is what pained me most.

Revolution2022
post=121235229:

Do not rely on Nigerian security for your protection.See personnel that displayed combat ready artillery battalion before the election.They were no where to be found when thugs are destroying ballot papers and harrassing apc opposition stronghold.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TTT / Peter Obi's Silence. IPOB Recorded Their Deadliest Year. Statisense / Surulere Election: Confusion Over LP Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.