Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers (1469 Views)

EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Gossipninja: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
The International Republican Institute (IRI) and National Democratic Institute (NDI) Joint Election Observation Mission (IEOM) have presented their preliminary statement on the Presidential and National Assembly elections in Nigeria.

On Monday in Abuja, the leader, Dr Joyce Banda, former President of Malawi, congratulated the people for “their resilience and enthusiasm”.

“Despite large crowds in some polling stations and long waits, Nigerian voters demonstrated commitment to participate in the process and a strong desire to have their voices heard,” Banda said.

The mission noted that despite the reforms to the Electoral Act 2022, “the election fell well short of Nigerian citizens’ reasonable expectations”, while the electoral commission lacked transparency.

Banda said logistical challenges and multiple incidents of political violence overshadowed the electoral process and impeded a substantial number of voters from participating.
NDI/IRI confirmed currency and fuel shortages imposed excessive burdens on voters and election officials while marginalized groups, especially women, continue to face barriers to seeking and obtaining political office.

The delegation observed that the late opening of polling locations and logistical failures created tensions and the secrecy of the ballot was compromised in some polling units given overcrowding.

Banda said after the polls, challenges with the electronic transfer of results and their upload to a public portal in a timely manner, undermined citizen confidence at a crucial moment of the process.

“Inadequate communication and lack of transparency by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) about their cause and extent created confusion and eroded voters’ trust in the process.

“The combined effect of these problems disenfranchised Nigerian voters in many areas, although the scope and scale is currently unknown,” the ex-President added.
https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/27/nigeria-elections-below-expectations-inec-lacked-transparency-ndi-iri-observers/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
I hate post election wailing, just chop your defeat in peace make all of us rest. Your so much hatred for Tinubu who did nothing to you guys made him coast to victory. If igbos were politically smart, they’ll know Obi was indirectly helping Tinubu (their perceived enemy) to victory. This is a case of God divinely using an enemy to get victory. Securities should pick on anyone or any region who try to initiate any form of violence or protest. Don’t even bother to quote me

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by inoki247: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Lol...

Na wetin pain me for all this thing Buhari decides to seize over 200million people Naira for just election wey 20million no come decide nd still the election no even clear ...

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by habiham: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
The worst election so far in Nigeria history... Useless INEc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Dedeity: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mammod yakubu is a big fraud.. Tinubu can never rule Nigeria QED

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2023
This INEC ehn... angry angry

Very despicable organization

Utterly IMMORAL shocked shocked shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2023
yes of course. Well played from the beginning. unfortunately, nothing international body can do. Nigeria still have a very long way to go.

Funny thing is that everyone will shout, scream, protest, and loosers will be SAD, some people may even want to commit suicide because of their candidate loss THEN, after a while ..... business continues, paper will sell, news will sell, network providers will sell, BUT the common man on the street goes back begin. I hope that the next administration headed by............... (When the result is out , i will come back and edit grin grin grin) grin grin grin will be FAR better than BUBU own economically, productivity and welfare without selling the country to china.
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Smashspesh(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
All of you party card holders or whatever you call yourselves who defend your principals' evil deeds thinking security forces are always there to crush our voices for transparency, remember this: A time will come when you all the evil defenders will become the hunted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
I hate post election wailing, just chop your defeat in peace make all of us rest. Your so much hatred for Tinubu who did nothing to you guys made him coast to victory. If igbos were politically smart, they’ll know Obi was indirectly helping Tinubu (their perceived enemy) to victory

Fool! It's obvious your desire is only to have your tribesman in there as the president, and hot really to maje the country work.

How can you be proud of a country that has this level of corruption and no regard for its laws??

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by BigSarah(f): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
I hate post election wailing, just chop your defeat in peace make all of us rest. Your so much hatred for Tinubu who did nothing to you guys made him coast to victory. If igbos were politically smart, they’ll know Obi was indirectly helping Tinubu (their perceived enemy) to victory. This is a case of God divinely using an enemy to get victory. Securities should pick on anyone or any region who try to initiate any form of violence or protest.

Always knew you were a false pdp supporter I told Thinkam

No political party should accept this show or shame, it's a shambles.

I expect the PDP (PDP, LP, NNPP) to file a June 12

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by 22o62021: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
This country has no remedy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
BigSarah:

Always knew you were a false pdp supporter I told Thinkam

No political party should accept this show or shame, it's a shambles.

I expect the PDP (PDP, LP, NNPP) to file a June 12
Then I must commend you for your smartness. We are politicking. You are welcome all the same
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Kukutenla: 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
I hate post election wailing, just chop your defeat in peace make all of us rest. Your so much hatred for Tinubu who did nothing to you guys made him coast to victory. If igbos were politically smart, they’ll know Obi was indirectly helping Tinubu (their perceived enemy) to victory. This is a case of God divinely using an enemy to get victory. Securities should pick on anyone or any region who try to initiate any form of violence or protest. Don’t even bother to quote me
How did Obi help Tinubu
You really think if it was only between Tinubu and Atiku, Atiku will win Lagos?

See how poorly Atiku preformed in Kano for example.
Even in Benue and Jigawa too
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Phantom233: 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
Since you were born what impy have you made to this country other than giving Mumu comments.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Tpave(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ok
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Johnthum(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria.

Buhari is a tribal bigot.

Buhari is just like the more you look the less you see.

Buhari is a pretender.

Buhari Rigged this election before the election even started 💯

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by chronique(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
INEC chairman is a disgrace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by SlurUsername1: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yakubu no kuka send una Papa as he's doing the Lord's workgrin
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Tochi3(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mahmud is a criminal.. He must be arrested to explain how he came about the figures he is fraudulently displaying in Abuja ...without the polling unit results.. initially & originally transfered directly to the irev's grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Tenses: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:

Since you no lika am why you come dey encourage rigging?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Tpave(m): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2023
The mission noted that despite the reforms to the Electoral Act 2022, “the election fell well short of Nigerian citizens’ reasonable expectations”, while the electoral commission lacked transparency.
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by NothingDoMe: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
Yet you went to court in Osun state. Typical Urchin talking out of both sides of the mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by PrinceOfLagos: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
INEC just shot self on the foot

This is an embarrassment to Nigeria and a mockery on our democracy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Theyoungmaster(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Yakubu no kuka send una Papa as he's doing the Lord's workgrin

Nemesis will surely catch up with you someday. Those that hailed this sort of corruption, rigging, thuggery, violence and ill-gotten electoral victory back in 2015 are now refugees in their own country.

Karma has a date with you. continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by savcy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2023
INEC gave themselves away the moment they deliberately sabotaged transmission of results from PUs. I am very interested in Peter Obi's victory, and even though I was a bit skeptical about his chances, I would have wholeheartedly accepted his loss if due process was followed. When one considers that the BVAS served their purpose in the off-season elections, one is tempted to ask what actually happened to them in this one. All in all, there should be no post-election violence.
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by missionmex(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
peepydelano:
Very soon e reach you.
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Obrigardo: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
It was a total fraud.
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by FreeStuffsNG: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
Re: 2023 Election Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency —Int'l Observers by Nwaetche(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
No good for the country's image.

If Tinubu succeeds in rigging himself into the presidency, his government is doomed even before taking off as it would be seen by international community as lacking legitimacy.

This will not urgor well for a country that need massive foreign investment from Western countries. China would not be giving us additional loan as we have not been able to pay the old one and China economy is slowing down.

Tinubu would only rely on massive taxation which would further alienate and pauperize the masses. I can see a coup in the offing as the Northern soldiers would not berth an eye before removing him. Mind you he is not a fulani or retired military general

is not good
Gossipninja:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/27/nigeria-elections-below-expectations-inec-lacked-transparency-ndi-iri-observers/

(1) (Reply)

The Act Of Labouring In Vain, Voting With Vendetta & Disrespect To Host / Speakership: Gbajabiamila, Wase Clash, Trade Words In Plenary / What Manner Of Man Is Peter Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.