Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,213 members, 7,860,363 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? (29498 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites / Greatest Lesson On Earth |buhari's Last Moment So Emotional / 'There Will Be War If They Rig This Election' - Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by daywatcher: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
Sentiments does not win elections
Strategize and ignore the noise
You have to be accepted in both North and South to win Presidency in Nigeria
Using religion to campaign is divisive and dangerous

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Realists(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
anungangampu:
Nothing will ever work in this country with Muslim Northerners heading to polling units to vote every four years.

I think Tinubu built all his confidence on this by making sure Buhari wasn't openly against him.

It worked, they don't care. We the southerners will take the backlash as we travel often and always at the front of defending Nigeria from Foreigners.

We might call this an electoral Victory but 2028 will be more painful knowing that risking your life to vote down south doesn't worth it as someone who never checked the profile of whoever he/she is voting for will cancel your vote somewhere in the north.

You mean your christian votes cannot secure the presidential seat for you as claimed by CAN aka cankerous of worms.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ?

Lesson number1:
DON’T BITE THE FINGERS THAT FEED YOU, THE OUTCOME IS NEVER FRIENDLY..
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by abbey621(m): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
Aduke96:
Though Muslim-muslim ticket was achieved through rigging and thuggery.
However, the Christians stood their ground and speak through their votes.

Imagine tinubu has the lowest vote as the president elect since 1999.

Even the Christians voted for Asiwaju, SHOCKER grin grin grin imagine not knowing that this is the first election since 1999 where 3 candidates pulled heavy votes, how can one person have over 10 million when the South was playing tribal politics, thank God for the North that chose to be the voice of reason.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number2:
MAKE LESS NOISE AND ALLOW THE END RESULTS TO MAKE ALL THE NOISE
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number3:
HAVE A WELL TESTED STRATEGY AND BASED NOTHING ON EMOTIONS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by ArsenWinner: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
1. Atiku betrayed the south and jeopardised PDP chance.
2. Obi looks credible. I wish him better outing next time.
3. Tinubu will buiid Niigeriia and make it a better place to live.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number4:
REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, ALWAYS RESPECT YOURSELF AND RESPECT OTHERS
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Bryan88(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Never to waste my time voting for any election that has to do with inec or this useless con3 again till death.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number5:
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE BLESSED WITH COMMON SENSE AND STAY FAR AWAY FROM SENSELESS NOISE MAKERS

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number6:
LOVE YOURSELVES, LOVE YOUR BROTHERS FROM ALL TRIBES AND LOVE YOUR COUNTRY LIKE CRAZY
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by ROK123: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
1, Vote doesn't count 100% in Nigeria, unless you want to waste your time, cruise and risk your life at the same time(as the case of some victims)

2, We have a long way to go for a credible, free and fair election in Nigeria

3, Heaven helps those who help themselves..

My prayer is that God should intervene not minding the intention of anyone elected
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number7:
BE HONEST, BE SELFLESS AND MAINTAIN SOLID INTEGRITY ALWAYS
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number8:
DON’T FORGET YESTERDAY, EMBRACE TODAY AND RESPECT TOMORROW
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number9:
NO MATTER HOW SWEET IS FOREIGN LAND, NEVER FORGET HOME, WHERE YOU COME FROM.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by zomby(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2023

Lesson number10 (and final lesson):
ALWAYS RESPECT THE MIGHTY NAIRALAND PLATFORM RULES AND REGULATIONS
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
Mabizeka:
Nigeria is a failed state.
Becouse your candidate failed woefully
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by wazobia68: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Igbos voted for PDP, not Atiku. If you leave PDP, they hate you immediately. But things are changing now because of Obi's LP

headboyprince:
close your mouth, why didnt north vote obi because of Yusuf..

ibos vote for whom they feel will bring economical growth thats why they voted atiku in 2019...

during yaradua time, ibos voted for him but you see north, anything outside their own for president they wont vote, lipsrsealed
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Proudlyomonna: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
1) What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do. In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme.
2.)You don't need the normal Structure of electorial Criminality, thuggery and mobilization for vote rigging to Win.
Up Labour grin
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
Silvoclairea:
Tinubu was even a bigger thief than I thought.

grin your papa prik
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by BigName101: 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
Godwin4444:
all na mouth

Many of u said more than this when buhari won
All he said actually made sense until the last paragraph. Prayers don't work when it comes to politics apparently God doesn't give a damn about his children living under the bondage of a corrupt govt
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Emmychem(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Is that Nigeria is not practicing democracy...
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
anungangampu:
Nothing will ever work in this country with Muslim Northerners heading to polling units to vote every four years.

I think Tinubu built all his confidence on this by making sure Buhari wasn't openly against him.

It worked, they don't care. We the southerners will take the backlash as we travel often and always at the front of defending Nigeria from Foreigners.

We might call this an electoral Victory but 2028 will be more painful knowing that risking your life to vote down south doesn't worth it as someone who never checked the profile of whoever he/she is voting for will cancel your vote somewhere in the north.

See this she gaot if you don't have any o
Good point to make you better shut the fk up
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by princenaira(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nigeria is finished & doomed
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Aduke96: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
abbey621:

Even the Christians voted for Asiwaju, SHOCKER grin grin grin imagine not knowing that this is the first election since 1999 where 3 candidates pulled heavy votes, how can one person have over 10 million when the South was playing tribal politics, thank God for the North that chose to be the voice of reason.

The message was well delivered. Any government embarking on Muslim-Muslim ticket in the nearest future will think twice.
Peter obi did absolutely well!
Ireeeeoooooo.
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by MMWandali: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
God is on the throne

That evil will not prevail over good

That there is judgement

No matter how high a stone is thrown, it will surely fall to the ground

1 Like

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Invest4growth: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
The lessons are many:
Never believe in crowd shouting your name. It might have no electoral value
Religion is less important in Nigerian politics
Money has impact but not dominant
Avoid abusing.elders.
The people's happiness matters
No government can take the people for a ride anymore
Unbridled influx from other states should no longer be encouraged
Indigene should avoid selling.their properties indiscriminately
There is no.godfather in the next presidency
Technology can do more in our election
To win, you must build bridges across all geo-political zones
The youths cannot be taken for granted
Party discipline or ideology is lacking
It is not a do or die. No politician is worth dying for
Some elders are opportunist and have divisive tendencies
The list is not exhaustive
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by hustla(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
That Nigeria no fit ever good
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Christistruth00: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
YungMillionaire:
Tinubu is the GREATEST POLITICAL GENERAL in the history of Africa.

Your bitter Opponents can help you win Elections

Peter Obi Obidients really Tried for Tinubu

They Massacred Atiku's support and took 6 Million votes from him

Tinubu won Atiku with less than 2 Million votes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Ferdinandu(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2023
(1) Never vote again. It's absolutely pointless and a gross waste of time
(2) Pursue personal happiness. Leave every other person to his fate.
(3) Do everything I can to japa from this country this year. I can't allow my 3 children to grow up in an environment like this.
(4) Never look back again. Make sure I am buried in the land of sincere people abroad.
(5) I nearly had a heart attack watching Nigeria play a penalty shootout in an under 21 male World Cup a few years ago. That day I decided to remove my mind from anything football. Today I very rarely watch football and when I do, it is with almost 100% dispassion.
I will do same with respect to Nigerian politics. It is not safe for ones health
(6) I believe in God's Plan for Nigeria. I believe He is not yet done with this election. Unexpected and unprecedented events will unfold in this nation within the next 10 months. God will shake things up a bit and the chaff will be removed from the wheat
As It is on my mind, you are writing it down
Re: What Was The Greatest Lesson For You In This Election ? by Chuksyno(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2023
My experience is that I can never participate on God forsaken election such as this in future. It's a total waste of times which doesn't worth it. While I was in queue to exercise my civic right selection was going on behind. Eventually, virus was imposed to us as president. Tuehh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers / Update On The 4.5billion Naira Dangi Underpass In Kano - Photos / Biyi Adeleye Reveals He Kidnapped Ogun LG Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.