Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election (34967 Views)

Afrocandy: JT Tom West Shot Dead On A Movie Set, He Didn't Die In Car Accident / Abuja EndSARS Protesters Blast Davido, Say 'He Didn't Spend Up To 1 Hour' / Falz Giving Out N1 Million To Support Any Creative Idea (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by GOATandYAMtheory: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
This guy would have supported LP

But him dey fear Tinubu thugs.
He refused to be bullied by the untrained children, miscreants from the South East. Useless wasted bastards
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Tzar(m): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
That is a fair argument!
All the major politicians are part of the ROT!
If Nigerians are serious people, they will be involved from the party primaries!
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by IyanuDeb(f): 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
very sensible choice, Nigerians can lead someone into a trap
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by calabardick(m): 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
I support burna on this. It's not by force he supports your candidate.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by calabardick(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOATandYAMtheory:
He refused to be bullied by the untrained children, miscreants from the South East. Useless wasted bastards

International refugees that are littered everywhere while their land is desolate, filled with unhabitable houses.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by sty123(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
All of una no serious for country so na celebrity una wan make e show una way hmmm

Now I totally believe people are natural dumb
Everybody praising this Igbo man how sure are you he is god sent and how sure are you the rest will not do well

Chose your own thief and shut your mouth 👄 abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ceenachi:
U made a reasonable point Mr. Burna boy but at this situation in Nigeria now, ur point is pointless,,,

If all the celebrities think this way,, then who will back the common citizens like us to have the courage to fight for our right?

Every Nigerian have a huge role to play in this particular election
Everyone's effort matters a lot now

What is your problem?

He said he can't vouchsafe for any of the three candidates.

How can he recommend someone he doesn't know.

Many of you supporting Peter Obi don't even know him. You are just jumping on the bandwagon based on his populism and lies.

I have never trusted that Obi for once, and it has nothing to do with tribe. I have never trusted Atiku as well. But I trust Tinubu because I know him.

I remember growing up in a Lagos before Tinubu. How armed robbery was high, and the police was ineffectual. I remember how a joint task force comprising OPC and police flushed out armed robbery in Lagos state under Tinubu.

I remember so many reforms he pushed through as governor.

So, I trust him more than I trust the other two candidates.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by sty123(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

A big disgrace to the Nigeria youth if at this critical condition of the Nigeria state a sick and mentally not fit man becomes the president again

All of una no serious ahswear so na celebrities una dey wait for make e choose the right the person for una

Hmmm now I know why somemany people keep counting on people because no matter how easy it's they can't do it by Dem self

Abeg make una choose una thief and allow the rest chose their own thief too

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by sty123(m): 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
[quote author=BluntTheApostle post=121345085]

What is your problem?

He said he can't vouchsafe for any of the three candidates.

How can he recommend someone he doesn't know.

Many of you supporting Peter Obi don't even know him. You are just jumping on the bandwagon based on his populism and lies.

I have never trusted that Obi for once, and it has nothing to do with tribe. I have never trusted Atiku as well. But I trust Tinubu because I know him.

I remember growing up in a Lagos before Tinubu. How armed robbery was high, and the police was ineffectual. I remember how a joint task force comprising OPC and police flushed out armed robbery in Lagos state under Tinubu.

I remember so many reforms he pushed through as governor.

So, I trust him more than I trust the other two candidates.

Is not that I like any of the candidate but I must say you a wise man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Nancysleek(f): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
Get out jare. I didn’t even noticed u exist 😡😡😡. U only sing with Nigeria down fall. Ode!
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Kokoboss: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

A big disgrace to the Nigeria youth if at this critical condition of the Nigeria state a sick and mentally not fit man becomes the president again
olamide suppose dey this list. That guy ehn.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Careente7(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Mrchippychappy:
Una want spoil him market abi?

U no know say certain musicians need things to be bad so they can sing about it and "famz" that they are like every other Nigerian and can feel the hardship just like you?

It's the oldest trick in the book na.

When the next youth protest comes up, watch as dem go run go Tunde ednut page dey comment "we move".

Watch out for his next album complaining about how bad things are. After una don fall mugu buy the album and go to his shows wetin go remain na for him to cash out and fly some Insta oloshos to the Bahamas for a nice long weekend.

Rinse and repeat
Talk you talk🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Viicfuntop(f): 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
SmartyPants:

There is a man who has fought for your rights from day one. He has gone to jail for you. He opposed Buhari in the early days when all your heroes were silent.

But you and your likes spat at him amd called him SUG president. His name is Omoyele Sowore.

Keep looking up to burna boy.

But this same sowore campaigned for Buhari
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by SmartyPants(m): 5:10am On Mar 01, 2023
Viicfuntop:

But this same sowore campaigned for Buhari

We're allowed to make mistakes. The question is, do we persist with mistakes or we change once we realize our errror?
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Viicfuntop(f): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

We're allowed to make mistakes. The question is, do we persist with mistakes or we change once we realize our errror?

I have come across comments of you being critical of Peter Obi. Going by your logic up there, you’re basically saying the perception you had of Peter Obi stays the same but Sowero who became critical of buhari’s government is redeemed
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by SmartyPants(m): 8:25am On Mar 01, 2023
Viicfuntop:

I have come across comments of you being critical of Peter Obi. Going by your logic up there, you’re basically saying the perception you had of Peter Obi stays the same but Sowero who became critical of buhari’s government is redeemed

My opinion of Peter Obi stays the same because he has never recanted his wrong deeds. Everytime he is confronted he lies or seeks to excuse it. Not once has he said oh I got this wrong and that is something I'm looking to change when I become president. So if he hasn't changed why would my opinion of him change?

Sowore on the other hand changed first before my opinion of him changed. It's that simple.

Secondly, don't you think there is a critical difference between supporting one candidate whom you erroneously believed to be a good man, and actually doing bad things yourself?
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Viicfuntop(f): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

My opinion of Peter Obi stays the same because he has never recanted his wrong deeds. Everytime he is confronted he lies or seeks to excuse it. Not once has he said oh I got this wrong and that is something I'm looking to change when I become president. So if he hasn't changed why would my opinion of him change?

Sowore on the other hand changed first before my opinion of him changed. It's that simple.

Secondly, don't you think there is a critical difference between supporting one candidate whom you erroneously believed to be a good man, and actually doing bad things yourself?

I do not understand your last paragraph but that’s by the way.
For some reason I do not know, I’m following you here which means we have most likely had a back and forth in the last three years.

You said sowore has changed. Do you know him personally? So he has had a change of heart according to you which you saw through the media. Do you really think he is a changed man because of what you saw on tv?
I wasn’t on earth during Buhari’s first rule but reading and listening to his history was enough to not support his election in 2015.
I think a lot of of you neutral people here really harmed Peter Obi’s candidacy. You have no candidate but you kept on demarketing a particular one.
Honestly I’m probably saying this from an emotional state. I was ready to settle for Atiku. Tinubu winning this election goes against everything I stand for. I literally went through a few of your comments and you kept vilifying this Man only.
His lies? What lies? Common. It’s all good
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by SmartyPants(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2023
Viicfuntop:

I do not understand your last paragraph but that’s by the way.
For some reason I do not know, I’m following you here which means we have most likely had a back and forth in the last three years.

You said sowore has changed. Do you know him personally? So he has had a change of heart according to you which you saw through the media. Do you really think he is a changed man because of what you saw on tv?
I wasn’t on earth during Buhari’s first rule but reading and listening to his history was enough to not support his election in 2015.
I think a lot of of you neutral people here really harmed Peter Obi’s candidacy. You have no candidate but you kept on demarketing a particular one.
Honestly I’m probably saying this from an emotional state. I was ready to settle for Atiku. Tinubu winning this election goes against everything I stand for. I literally went through a few of your comments and you kept vilifying this Man only.
His lies? What lies? Common. It’s all good

The particular aspect of Sowore that changed was his support for Buhari. I don't need to know him personally to know that he has been opposed to Buhari.

Other than this, he has remained the revolutionary that we all know.

Now, I see that you're one of those who really believed Obi was here to turn Nigeria around so you may take my opposition to him to heart.

But you must understand that I don't see him the way you do so it's nothing personal.

And as to the volume of my anti-Obi comments, really i've always had an issue with Obidients not particularly Peter Obi because his rivals are not saints either. Till the last moment i considered voting for him though i finally didn't.

I confront Obidients, not to attack Obi per se, but so that they won't get away with steam rolling over other people. That's it.

If you look well enough you will see that I have criticized all the 3 major candidates but Obi supporters are a bigger target because they are the loudest and were quite aggressive. By a rule of my own nature, i am always inclined to stand up to such people.

Take heart, and hope for the best.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by sageb: 10:29am On Mar 01, 2023
Omicronvaccine:
Popular Nigerian singer, Burna Boy has reacted after being called out for not lending his voice before and during the Nigerian election, IGBERETV reports.

Social media users have slammed him for getting money and fame by singing about Nigeria yet failing to speak up about the elections.

Taking to his Instagram Stories, Burna Boy wrote:

https://instagram.com/stories/burnaboygram/3047473398804239724?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

@Pocohantas Truly, he doesn't like the kind of dirty politics in Nigeria.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Viicfuntop(f): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

HOw are you sure sowore’s recent criticism of BUhari is not because of election? You can’t be too sure. He supported Buhari in the beginning and now he opposes him when he was vying for president.

Well it’s a new era. We have got to move. We will be fine
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Parizz: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Nancysleek:
Get out jare. I didn’t even noticed u exist
check your pocket. I think you've stolen my heart. Hi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Sets Instagram To ‘private’ After Being Accused Of Buying Fake Hermé / Peruzzi Buys Mercedes Benz GLE As Birthday Gift (Video) / Gmaqueena Frank: Artus Frank Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday, Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.