Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers (316 Views)

We're Happy To Hear That You Want To Step Down For Us—Obi Campaign Replies Atiku / Buhari: Are Igbos Still Wailers And Sore Losers? / I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers by icedfire(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
I play fifa 2022 and 2023 a lot on my console. It's fun playing online with different people across the globe. It's a simple game but it can also be very personal. I know people who have broken their controller by smashing it on the ground when they lose and I know some other people who will exit the game just when they are about to lose. These second set of people i call them the sore losers. It's very annoying to play against sore losers and I try not to be one when I play .

Nigeria election has come and gone and as it is, Peter G Obi has zero chance of winning due to not having the required 25% in at least 24 states. I know it hurts and it is painful when your candidate loses especially after all the online banter, insults and bully but it's time to face the reality . Peter Obi will NOT be our president in 2023. Even if we were to go into a run off , it's going to be between the first and second position, which sadly doesn’t look like Peter Obi. Nigeria is in a bad state and luckily I didn’t need to campaign for PO as every member of my family can see through the hardship and they understood the need to make a difference by voting obediently.
They said there are 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Looks like the bulk of us Peter G Obi supporters are in denial state . It is not unheard of to outrightly skip stages during the process of grief and I am hoping we all can go through this grief without experiencing anger and depression. Peter Obi's loss is staring right in our face and I indulge all PO supporters to remember the serenity prayer by Reinhold Niebur "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference" .
Educated Nigerians have tried to change the things they can through the ballot box but the truth is that it is always going to be like this as long as this country is divided along ethnic and religion lines .

Perusing through the results releases so far, I realize If this election were to be done a 100 times , Peter Obi would lose a 100 times . That is the bitter truth we need to accept . Social media has never won election in the world. Imagine the number of people in Kano that voted for kwankwanso, Tinubu and Atiku do you think they would suddenly vote for Peter Obi if the election was done again and again? Same with Sokoto, Kastina , kebbi , Jigawa , Bauchi and the rest of the core northern state. Same way I don't expect the number of Tinubu or Atiku’s voters to increase in Anambra, Abia or Enugu even if the election was done a thousand times . Except we want to lie to ourselves , Peter Obi CANNOT get 25% in more than 25 states in present day Nigeria.

Digressing a little , If you are an educated southerner you should be worried about the almajiri situation in the north. Educated southerners only marry one wife and want just 2 or 3 kids . The same cannot be said of the north . They have the large population and it’s so easy to get through to them because they mostly have a homogeneous religion and language . So if the educated and enlightened Nigerians decide to pick a candidate, as long as the bulk of the poor uneducated people are out there, it’s always going to be a long walk .
I remember the 2016 election in America and Donald Trump was contesting. The establishment thought it was a joke and they thought no sane mind would vote for him. Well people did and he became the president. Some people still can’t fathom how it happened but it did and he was sworn in as the 45th POTUS.
This is the beauty of democracy . It’s all metrics and numbers . If I were to pick a mentally retarded person from Yaba or Uselu, and if I campaigned for him rigorously in my state of origin , and convince the majority to vote for him and they did, sadly there is nothing the educated and enlightened ones can do , they have to deal with it for 4 years.
The solution is for the politically educated ones to reach out to the grassroots and convince majority to vote their candidate

Back to my Fifa 2023 game , I have lost a lot of times to better players, sometimes I lose as much as 5 nil but I do not exit the game till the end . I have lots of people that ended up adding me as a friend after the game and we end up playing together a couple more times . Some of them I end up whooping after lots of tries . And some still continue whooping me till this day . It’s never a do or die. Just like election is a game of numbers , so is my fifa 2023 game . You win some , you lose some. Don’t be a sore loser when you eventually lose. Congratulations to whoever is sworn in on the 29th of May and hopefully you can prove us wrong and give us a better Nigeria that we can all be proud of .

4 Likes

Re: Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers by icedfire(m): 10:39am On Mar 01, 2023
Time for peter Obi to make that call
Re: Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers by Bobochicago: 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
You just stated the fact . Run election a million times, Obi will not win Kano , zamafara , Jigawa, sokoto and the rest of the core north. How obi supporters keep screaming stolen mandate , I will not understand. There is no way Peter Obi will win 25% in 24 states in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers by Scream(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
If you were PO's supporters, you won't accept that you are a lover in the first place because he didn't lose! You scallywag!
Re: Most of us Obi supporters are sore losers by icedfire(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
Scream:
If you were PO's supporters, you won't accept that you are a lover in the first place because he didn't lose! You scallywag!
I hate that the bulk of Obi supporters are not enlightened or just plain dumb. I support Peter Obi but I am not stupid . One question, I ask and still asking . Do you think if this election is done again without rigging , that Peter Obi would get up to 25 % in Kano , Kastina , kogi , Kwara , gombe , Jigawa , borno , Bauchi , Adamawa, Niger , Sokoto , kebbi , not counting the rest of the south west states where he didn't get up to 25%. Argue with logic and sense abeg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obidients How Market Na?, I Just Say Make I Check On Una Ooo / Nigeria Seems To Have The Highest Number Of Stupid Professors / Nairaland Tinubu Urchins And Hate Speech Against Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.