Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! (21760 Views)

Why Do OAPs Have British/american Accents? / Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents / List Of Nigerian Radio Stations That Are Online (stream) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by omobadan(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
What's with the fake American accents on Naija radio and television. It's so silly and cringy! I don't know why that crap still persist in these day and age! They need to check themselves, man! Because that s**t is stupid! angry
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by amblors(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2011
ha ha. u listen to it from UK?
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by omobadan(m): 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
amblors:

ha ha. u listen to it from UK?

Yes o! It's really sad! Does my head in. angry
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by kony1(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2011
theres alot of american accents. Which one are you talking about?
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by omobadan(m): 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2011
k.o.n.y:

Does it matter?
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by amblors(m): 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2011
k.o.n.y:

that is one funny question, lmao
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by kony1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
how? American accents range by region within the USA
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by omobadan(m): 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
K.o.n.y, that's not what we're discussing here! It's the fake whatever American accent in Naija broadcast media! And those presenters have never even step out of Naija o! Do you get it now? smiley
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by kony1(m): 12:37am On Sep 14, 2011
no i dont as an american accent is none descriptive. Theres a plethora of "american" accents and i was just asking- which one are you talking about?
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by marocguy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
its jst d trend in broadcasting nw. Its fake,bt i admit its still cul, presenters dat dnt hav style go 4 it. Those wit styl lyk kwame,olisa n co sound original and cul.
U mostly find it in all these new fast pace pv8 stations
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
k.o.n.y:

PMSL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
Oh pickles!  angry It is not a faked American accent - It is a Nigerian accent after you have eaten two hot plates of indomie chicken noodles with a lot of pepper.

But seriously, it is really a radio voice not a fake American accent. I was shocked when i heard my voice on radio - it sounded too cool to be me
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Oh pickles!  angry It is not a faked American accent - It is a Nigerian accent after you have eaten two hot plates of indomie chicken noodles with a lot of pepper.

But seriously, it is really a radio voice not a fake American accent. I was shocked when i heard my voice on radio - it sounded too cool to be me
And with chronic exposure to radio presenting your real voice gradually starts sounding like your radio voice
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Princek12(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
k.o.n.y:

no i dont as an american accent is none descriptive. Theres a plethora of "american" accents and i was just asking- which one are you talking about?

What is the relevance of a specific American accent to this discussion? Are you trying to prove that you know more about American accents than other people on this thread? Or do you know nothing about American accents and you are trying to show that you know something?

Or are you one of those people who speaks with a fake American accent?

Either way, for purposes of this thread assume that the poster is referring to every American accent spoken in America.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by blacksta(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
It is called Colonial Mentality - Funny part - a large proportion of these fakes haven't even been out of Nigeria. WHy people cant be themselves baffles me
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Princek12(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
it is crazy that those people who speak with a fake American accent think that they are speaking with an American accent when they say slangs like "wssssssssssssup mehn"; "What's good"; "you know what am saying"; "Shawwwtyyyyy fine as a mug"; "I want some warrrerrr."
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Princek12(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
blacksta:

It is called Colonial Mentality - Funny part - a large proportion of these fakes haven't even been out of Nigeria. WHy people cant be themselves baffles me

some of them have not even been to Murtala Muhammed Airport or any international airport much less been out of Nigeria. And even if they have been out of Nigeria, they may have only visited Cameroon or Ghana.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by otumfour(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2011
and they say Ghanaian's be faking they accent , U these "SHON SHON" people, SMH! Nigerians sef.

lagerwhenindoubt:

It is a Nigerian accent after you have eaten two hot plates of indomie chicken noodles with a lot of pepper.

k.o.n.y:

CLASSICS
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by aribisala0(m): 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
yes oh there was this annoying character adare or something. na colo mentality
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
Lmao! I cannot stop laughing. I watch NTA all the time and I know few presenters that do this. Very funny!
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by blacksta(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
Princek12:

some of them have not even been to Murtala Muhammed Airport or any international airport much less been out of Nigeria. And even if they have been out of Nigeria, they may have only visited Cameroon or Ghana.

Lol

Their is this  chap ( Cant remember his name - I think his name is Femi )  on Ben TV in the U.K  - a Nigerian channel    -  The Chap talks like he has hot food in his mouth -  Most time you cant even hear WTF the chap they yarn  - cause of the fake English accent - Even Oyinbo person wey get accent go dey confuse
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
blacksta:

It is called Colonial Mentality -  Funny part  - a large proportion of these fakes haven't even been out of Nigeria.   WHy people cant be themselves baffles  me
To a large extent but not really, its a lot easier for me to speak cockney though very clear than to speak it our way but I hate the reaction that follows at times because it only comes when I speak english, when I switch to pidgin, its very local and raz. I fight constantly to keep it in check only speaking for long periods when I'm drunk.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by aribisala0(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
the thread is NOT about YOU

ME me me me centre of the world me me

are you radio or TV presenter schmuck!!
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by indie22(f): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
I thought i was the only one who questioned those presenters and the way they speak, its almost like everyone on radio wants to sound like Dan Foster these days.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by aribisala0(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Ifecotag: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
@blacksta

You said it all. I don't know why some people can't be themselves.

When last did we hear an American trying to imitate Nigerian accent to belong. The last time I checked, Nigeria has one of the best accent in the world.

Some have not even traveled beyond Ghana as Princek12 pointed out. Why can't some of our people appreciate what they have?
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Pukkah: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
They should concentrate on good grammar instead of forcing or straining themselves to sound like Americans.

1 Like

Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by LoveKing(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
its so rampant with the female presenters.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by DeepSoul(f): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
Una never hear of Wazobia FM??  grin

Wahhhhzobia!
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
its nt only on radio, its a nigerian thing mostly with d youths in mst of our universities i.e unilag, in nollywood, in d music industry etc. For me its a packaged inferiority complex and a kind of identity crises, no thanks to what we see mostly frm d pay tv's. Fake life is d in thing here in 9ja bro so no vex na so we see am o. U knw there are so many miracles taking place in most of our churches in 9ja so the funne tin cld also be a miracle .lol
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Ultrame(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
Princek12:

it is crazy that those people who speak with a fake American accent think that they are speaking with an American accent when they say slangs like "wssssssssssssup mehn"; "What's good"; "you know what am saying"; "Shawwwtyyyyy fine as a mug"; "I want some warrrerrr."  

^^^^^^
Walahi u no well.
Re: Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! by Witi(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2011
Because they are having Igbotic accent, Ekiti/Ijesha/Oyo Accent or Hausa Accent. The best way to hide their accent to use American Accent so dont blame them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Mp3: DJ Ace – Bekezela Slow Jam / DJ Humility Calls Out Upcoming Artistes, Says He Put Dbanj, Banky W On Spotlight / Abuja Celebrity DJ Davidson Drops Mixtape With Bandhits ( Audio/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.