Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return (1053 Views)

Tijani Aliyu Booed During Presentation Of Certificates To FCT Council Chairmen / BREAKING: PDP Boycotts Inec’s Presentation Of Certificates Of Return In Kano / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by iwaeda: 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
"TO SERVE THE PEOPLE” AN ADDRESS BY THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU DURING THE CERTIFICATE OF RETURN COLLECTION CEREMONY AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTRE, ABUJA ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 1, 2023

As I hold this certificate, this moment is one of celebration and gladness for us.

The road has been long. Yet, we walked it. The battle has been hard fought. Yet , we won it.

But more important, I realize that I am just a servant of a larger purpose. You see, this is more than a document confirming the positive outcome of an election.

This important document symbolizes our collective democratic attainment and even loftier aspirations. It represents the impending transfer of a most sacred duty and trust from one person to another.

At its most sublime, this certificate also symbolizes that each of you has the ability to achieve what others believe is impossible for you to achieve.

I stand before you the president elect. And yes, that is special. But, I am no different than anyone of you.

If I can do this. You can do better. You must do better.

Our destiny as a people and nation depends on our ability to shed the artificial restrictions of bias and prejudice so that we live fully unto our democratic creed that no one is innately superior or entitled to greater rights and opportunities than any other Nigerian.

Very soon, this nation shall witness a young person standing before you holding this great symbol of democracy and national leadership. We shall see a woman standing before you, holding this certificate as its owner. We shall experience someone from a tribe that many people have tried to dismiss as unqualified for this high office.

By dint of hard work, determination and unyielding belief in a noble endeavor, you can achieve the best of things.

There are young people listening to me right now who shall one day be the leaders of our precious and exceptional democratic republic.

Thus, by taking this certificate, I assume a sacred duty I shall never ignore.

To you the people, especially the youths, I will work day and night. I will work to the utmost of my ability to make Nigeria better.

For this to be a victory at all, it cannot simply be a victory for one man or even one party. It must become a victory for all Nigerians who are committed to a greater society.

I know many did not vote for me. And you are disappointed that your candidate is not where I now stand.

I understand your hurt. To you, I extend the embrace and comfort of one family member to another.

This great project called Nigeria beckons to us all. It is bigger and more important than any partisan divide.

To my supporters, I ask you to continue to have faith in the mission that we have articulated.

To those who didn’t support me, I ask that you not allow the disappointment of this moment to keep you from realizing the historic national progress we can make by joining hands and hearts in common endeavor to pull this nation through.

In a phrase, I am asking you to work with me. As your president, I need you. More important, Nigeria needs you.

My heart and my door are open to you.

I ask you to come in so that we may begin the task of rebuilding our national home together, day by day, brick by brick.

Where there is poverty. Let us create prosperity and jobs.
Where there is hunger. Let us feed the people, chasing hunger from their midst.

Where there is now scarcity, let us rediscover abundance.

Where there is brutality, may we replace it with brotherhood.

Where violence stalks the land, may we establish peace.

Where others have erected temples to hatred and bias, may we construct permanent monuments to compassion and abiding affection.

History will record this day as the moment when I officially stood before you as president elect.

However, I would like to dedicate this day and record it as the moment that we vowed to come together to make Nigeria stand and shine forth at the beloved and brave republic God intended it to be.

https://www.facebook.com/712750110/posts/pfbid0DhBiAuQJUFVULnr2TbXzezZumTH1DzCxyXjSNznTarFFhgrxrNvfCYog5nHgQzYdl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by spearman(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
IP.OBI
HOW FAR?
HOW MARKET?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by LagosEmir: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
The worst election Nigeria ever had

Shame

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by YorubaNiBaba(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
Beerfraud fools, how far
Your wailing is our joy, as e dey pain u e dey sweet us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by OdogwuMoney6: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
If you still dey hope for this cuntree to better, you will hope till thy kingdom come... Better go and hussle, make money so that you go follow enjoy the bad situation of this cuntree......Nigerians are a bunch of cowards.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by LesbianBoy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
When Nnamdi kanu called Nigeria a zoo I was like "come off it, how can you call your country a zoo"

Looking back HE WAS DAMN RIGHT embarassed

What a country! The impunity is just too much.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by TooDailyNewsUpd: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tinubu’s Supporters Storm Streets Of Lagos To Celebrate His Victory (Video)

Full story on : https://toodaily.com/tinubus-supporters-storm-streets-of-lagos-to-celebrate-his-victory-video
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by oyin44: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
.confirmed ...No doubt abt that

YorubaSamurai:
e go pain igbos die grin grin grin grin grin
tinubu go rule over igboland for complete 8yrs grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Faiththatworks(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Sincerely as Asiwaju and my wonderful Sen. Gov Kassim Shettima take the mantle of leadership, there's an urgent need to fix a cancer that is growing on social Media.
I'm terrified,aghast, perplexed,horrified at the amount of Igbo propaganda on Social media.
It's vexing,toxic,barbaric, nauseating and sickening what these clowns are putting on social media.
They can burn down NIGERIA for likes and followers.
I monitored the election with a friend over the weekend and sincerely these lunatics live in another world.
My fellow Nigerians you are living in a totally different planet if you don't move close to these deluded people.
I will use Tik-Tok as an example,I'm not on Tik-Tok so I really don't know what they do on that app,but my deluded obedient friend is always watching videos on that app,so I was forced to watch with her,I nearly ran mad and broke her phone.
It was 30 seconds of constant madness,I mean there's a crazy mind boggling money making disinformation pipeline built around Obi.
The more disinformation they push down the throat of these deluded obi followers,the more likes and comments they get.
Even my friend was always commenting on these crazy videos.
It was so crazy,we had to watch till around 4am in the midnight,and every video was more sickening than the previous one.
Last last she ended up crying when I told her Obi had lost the election on Monday morning.
These social media Terrorist have really brain washed Obi followers,they are worse than Boko Haram,that's why it's better to ignore them,they live in an alternate country.
My most sickening observation was the Igbo celebrities,those ones are the sickest of the bunch,they remind me of Tucker Carlson of Fox news,just spilling lies to get more likes and followers.
Shame on them.
Pls NCC must quickly employ a content regulator for all the social media apps in Nigeria,force them to regulate the content they push on NIGERIANS using their apps.
If possible, constantly have an outsider monitor the algorithm responsible for pushing out contents to the top of the pile,if not done urgently,these deluded fellows will keep multiplying like zombies.
Only God can help those deluded Obi supporters
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by YorubaSamurai: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Minime10(f): 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
iwaeda:
The Independent National Electoral Commission has presented the Certificates of Return to the winner of the 2023 presidential election held on February 25, Bola Tinubu, and his vice presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima.

The presentation of the CoR was done by the chairman of INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, Wednesday afternoon at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, venue of the presidential election results collation.

Tinubu won the presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress having polled 8,794,726 votes to defeat the Peoples Democratic Party’s Atiku Abubakar who came second by scoring 6,984,520 votes, Labour Party’s Peter Obi who scored 6,101,533 votes to come third, and the New Nigeria Peoples Party’s Rabiu Kwankwaso who emerged fourth out of the 18 contenders by scoring 1,496,687 votes.

Details shortly…

https://punchng.com/inec-presents-certificates-of-return-to-tinubu-shettima/

I wonder how Mahmood sleeps at night.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Kapeter(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
LesbianBoy:
When Nnamdi kanu called Nigeria a zoo I was like "come off it, how can you call your country a zoo"

Looking back HE WAS DAMN RIGHT embarassed

What a country! The impunity is just too much.
Preparing for biafla or death. grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by mokkalu1(m): 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
So this is the source of your happiness ;DLol. We're all in this together. That your interest will soon turn to ashes in your mouth.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Kapeter(m): 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
Minime10:

I wonder how Mahmood sleeps at night.
Just same way you open your multicolor yansh open in the air and sleep off grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by YorubaSamurai: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
mokkalu1:

So this is the source of your happiness ;DLol. We're all in this together. That your interest will soon turn to ashes in your mouth.
if my comment pain you, go and drink sniper
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by iwaeda: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
Mynd44 grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by iwaeda: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
Thus, by taking this certificate, I assume a sacred duty I shall never ignore.

To you the people, especially the youths, I will work day and night. I will work to the utmost of my ability to make Nigeria better.

For this to be a victory at all, it cannot simply be a victory for one man or even one party. It must become a victory for all Nigerians who are committed to a greater society.

I know many did not vote for me. And you are disappointed that your candidate is not where I now stand.
angry grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Kingspin(m): 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tinubu is the new INEC president
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Earlystar698(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
spearman:
IP.OBI
HOW FAR?
HOW MARKET?

I'm Tinubu supporter and igbo, but ipob made it clear that they have nothing to do with Nigeria election.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Earlystar698(m): 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
My own is to use any available loophole and escape the hardship in this country.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by iwaeda: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Earlystar698:
My own is to use any available loophole and escape the hardship in this country.

Nigeria will be better, ask Nlfpmod. grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by Kukutenla: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2023
This is a good and unifying speech if he really means it.
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by techWriter3: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
e betweens discomfort Nigerians die politician betweens rule over igboland for complete 8yrs
Re: Tinubu's Speech At INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return by mokkalu1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
if my comment pain you, go and drink sniper
Forget that one ma nigga, I de toooo okay to think snipper... Just tryna jinja u to level up. Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Now JAMB Has Punished Mmesoma For Forgery, Courts Should Punish Tinubu Too. / HISTORY: When Terrorists Were Bombing Lagos And The South West. / Azikiwe Defending Ironsi's Emergence As Head of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.