Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? (1110 Views)

Condemn The Murder In Your Region The Way You Did In Sokoto - Shehu Sani / 2023: NGF Insists On Producing President From Fold, Takes On APC, PDP / Onochie: "Wailing Cannot Stop The President From Seeing His Doctors" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
I need enlightening too.

You can go through the thread here on Twitter to see some reasons and their rebuttals.

https://twitter.com/hackSultan/status/1630697664743370752?t=k9d04CGP1czHqpILFBIwbg&s=19

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by YorubaSamurai: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
projects coming to sw grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
YorubaSamurai:

How exactly will that benefit us?

Remember Obj was in power for 8 years too and was also a general but we still covet power to better our region again. Why?

Shouldn't the 8 years have turned SW to paradise?

Why does Ogun still have bad roads?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by shigishege: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Ask obi pandora followers who wanted the presidency to come to thier region by hook or by crook.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by shigishege: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

Remember Obj was in power for 8 years too and was also a general but we still covet power to better our region again. Why?

ask Pandora why Anambra still has the worstest road in the world despite being their governor for 8 years. This shows that evn if he becomes the president there is no assurance of bringing any tangible things to his region or Nigeria at large.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tommy589(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
He will bring more folks from his region to join him eating the national cake

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by YorubaSamurai: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

obj was not sw choice..
tinubu is sw choice reason why the sw voted for him massively, unlike obj that lost the sw votes..
tinubu will bring development projects to sw..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tungamaje: 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
@OP, when the presidency comes from your region, food prices would come down in your markets. Fuel would be cheaper in your region. You would have constant electricity. Are those not enough? Nigerians still have a long way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
shigishege:
ask Pandora why Anambra still has the worstest road in the world despite being their governor for 8 years. This shows that evn if he becomes the president there is no assurance of bringing any tangible things to his region or Nigeria at large.

That's not the point.

Tinubu is now the new president.

But what will you enjoy under his administration that Emeka who voted PITOBI wouldn't?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tommy589(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

It is always payback time for everyone that ever crossed him. He was not voted for by SW in his first term and he deceived them in getting 2nd term votes

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
tungamaje:
@OP, when the presidency comes from your region, food prices would come down in your markets. Fuel would be cheaper in your region. You would have constant electricity. Are those not enough? Nigerians still have a long way to go

Why were fuel and food prices not cheaper in SW from '99 to '05?

I grew in SW and we didn't have constant light in the early 2000s, even tho we were Yoruba and the president was Yoruba.

We heard that Hausas do not pay for electricity and they enjoy it constantly.

How is this so?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Vischy: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:
I need enlightening too.

You can go through the thread here on Twitter to see some reasons and their rebuttals.

https://twitter.com/hackSultan/status/1630697664743370752?t=k9d04CGP1czHqpILFBIwbg&s=19

To be frank bro, nothing special because what affects other regions will affect you too whether good governance or bad governance.

Northern region thought they won the presidency in 2015 but we all know they were the most hit by insecurity and economy crunch.

So it's ideal, you vote for the right candidate for everyone to enjoy the dividends of good governance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tungamaje: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

I grew in SW and we didn't have constant light in the early 2000s, even tho we were Yoruba and the president was Yoruba.

How is this so?
That's the major reason Nigeria is where she is today. How would the country grow when people vote based on the candidate from their region instead of voting based on merit? To be sincere and answer your question, there isn't any special benefit any candidate would offer any zone. Northerners have ruled majorly in Nigeria, how has that benefited them over the south? We can only get it right when we vote in people based on competence instead of voting based on the region the candidate comes from
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tommy589(m): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

How is this so?

President coming from your region is not going to change anything with this expensive imported democracy.
But I need to let you know that most times the pump price from '99 to '05 in other regions was higher than SW. And some communities in SW were not paying for electricity too until like 5-6 years ago
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
tommy589:

President coming from your region is not going to change anything with this expensive imported democracy.
But I need to let you know that most times the pump price from '99 to '05 in other regions was higher than SW. And some communities in SW were not paying for electricity too until like 5-6 years ago

Please mention those communities if you can.
I grew up in a town in Ondo State and even in the village nearby, there was never a time people didn't pay for electricity.

You said most times? Can you provide instances. Even tho I was little then, I remember people selling black market because of fuel scarcity.

I would like you to give example concerning this fuel thing. I am ready to make calls to verify this your claim.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
obj was not sw choice..
tinubu is sw choice reason why the sw voted for him massively, unlike obj that lost the sw votes..

Maybe SW didn't vote for OBJ.

But why is his home town not paradise? Why does Sango still have bad roads.

This dude was president for 8 years, he could have made Sango a paradise.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by ibkayee(f): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
Not much from the looks of it, Buhari was president for 8 years and the North did not fare any better

Last last the corrupt leaders will be the same but even if a split is not acheivable, I think it’s better for regions to control their own resources at the very least

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tommy589(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

Please mention those communities if you can.
I grew up in a town in Ondo State and even in the village nearby, there was never a time people didn't pay for electricity.

You said most times? Can you provide instances. Even tho I was little then, I remember people selling black market because of fuel scarcity.

I would like you to give example concerning this fuel thing. I am ready to make calls to verify this your claim.

I won't mention names of locations and start receiving online bashing. I suggest you make calls to people living or that know people in newly developed sites before 2016/18. Not even talking of black market,you could get the fuel issue online or still make calls,differential in pump price between SW and other geopolitical zones is not something new
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
tommy589:

I won't mention names of locations and start receiving online bashing. I suggest you make calls to people living or that know people in newly developed sites before 2016/18. Not even talking of black market,you could get the fuel issue online or still make calls,differential in pump price between SW and other geopolitical zones is not something new

We actually moved to our house in a "permanent site" in 2006 from a town nearby. We contributed money to fix the poles, bought wires and we've been paying our bills ever since.

I ended a call with my mum now and she said OBJ developed the north more than SW. Although she can't recall whether the pump price was ever lesser in SW.

I'd suggest you mention area that enjoyed free electricity in SW, so people can confirm or refute it. It's an anonymous forum, no body really knows you.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by helinues: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Honestly , as long as the president from my region is capable, it's a thing to brag about. Cos the confident will be there
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by JohnBullMySon: 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:
I need enlightening too.

As far as important issues are concerned, there is no benefit. Buhari, a retired General was from the North, and insecurity ravaged the north massively. But as usual, a politician will deceive them by building one university or one piece of infrastructure that adds little to no benefit to the general population there.

Me I don comot hand for Nigeria matter. If you talk now, they'll tell you that you're pained.

Generally what Tribalism and Religious bigotry does to the minds of people is that it makes them believe that their tribal or religious dominance is far more important than their well-being.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by mancoconut: 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Simple answer: crude tribalism (the bane of politics that has held Africa back for decades), as long as ethnic bragging rights is the order of the day who cares about the bigger picture? One dirty poverty-stricken man will be bragging "my brother is the president" while mocking his neighbor from another tribe, meanwhile that his neighbor is evidently doing better in life and is a fulfilled man...the price of bread in the market won't favor the man whose brother is president over the man brother isn't when everything is all fuccked up.

Like I say, Nigeria won't get better anytime soon until we just go back to regional government, make everybody just answer him papa name cause right now the politics of Nigeria will ALWAYS favor a section of people because they have the "numbers", even though they are the worst beneficiaries of multi-dimensional poverty in all its indices, yet they've produced more presidents and Heads of states in Nigeria...when you talk they will call you "bitter" "Ipob" or tell you to go agitate for Biafra...OK fine let me go agitate for my Biafra in peace and let you be, they will still be the same people that will encourage the military to come down hard on you for exercising your fundamental rights to self-determination.. the best and only option left is to either fight back knowing you will die fighting anyways or just japa to more sane clime if you have the means.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Offpoint1: 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
You don't even need to ask such questions, it's evidently clear it's of no benefits or whatsoever usefulness to the region.

80% of Nigerians are daft, as long as we practice democracy in a land where the numbers of daft citizens exceed the intelligence ones... The country will forever remain stagnant and retrogressive.

These dunce as citizens will always choose tribe and religions over competence. The saddest part is they'll pass "these" to their offsprings and the vicious circle continues.

The North has remained shit-hole even though held unto power more than every region.

Southwest still remains shit-hole after their rules, aside from Lagos which is an efforts of all tribes and foreigners.

Jonathan 6 years was of nothing useful to the South.

The land is curse

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by tommy589(m): 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2023
Karleb:

We actually moved to our house in a "permanent site" in 2006 from a town nearby. We contributed money to fix the poles, bought wires and we've been paying our bills ever since.

I ended a call with my mum now and she said OBJ developed the north more than SW. Although she can't recall whether the pump price was ever lesser in SW.

I'd suggest you mention area that enjoyed free electricity in SW, so people can confirm or refute it. It's an anonymous forum, no body really knows you.

Let's skip that part of me mentioning locations. I was born and raised in SW with years of having my own establishments. And I have been moving around for a while. Buhari as chairman of PTF under Abacha did wonders in the north than 8yrs of Obasanjo. Where did you think the northerners mad love for Buhari emanated from,or you think his '84 KGB styled regime gave him that followership?
Use Google in finding out that official pump price was mostly not in use in other regions in those mentioned years

Try sources outside family,friends etc to have balanced ideas of issues. We should hopefully expect contributions from others to attest
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2023
tommy589:

Let's skip that part of me mentioning locations. I was born and raised in SW with years of having my own establishments. And I have been moving around for a while. Buhari as chairman of PTF under Abacha did wonders in the north than 8yrs of Obasanjo. Where did you think the northerners mad love for Buhari emanated from,or you think his '84 KGB styled regime gave him that followership?
Use Google in finding out that official pump price was mostly not in use in other regions in those mentioned years

Try sources outside family,friends etc to have balanced ideas of issues. We should hopefully expect contributions from others to attest

I have done enough research on this and Yorubas didn't have any special benefits under OBJ's administration.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by savcy(m): 11:49am On Apr 12, 2023
Absolutely nothing. And the populace knows it too.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by KwuoteYourFada: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2023
Nothing! O no single grin

Bayelsa State is the poorest state in the south they have produced president

Katsina have had two presidents but remains by far the poorest state in Nigeria

Meanwhile
Somewhere in Ogun State

People are drinking mud water undecided undecided

And you wonder why south have the least poverty index rate

South East is rated the richest region per capita

Wait o I'm missing something shocked shocked

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by XerXers: 11:55am On Apr 12, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
obj was not sw choice..
SW choice whose only hope is the north. He will continue to please the North at all cost and leave you with nothing
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by XerXers: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
So every president will build projects only in their region? You don't understand federal politics
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by KwuoteYourFada: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
obj was not sw choice..

OBJ wasn't SW choice because Igbos voted him grin grin

Oh lord grin grin

Wetin we go do wey go sweet Una? grin

Laff wan kill me cheesy

How many times has tinubu spoken up about herdsmen menace in SW

He even once asked

Where are the cows? grin

Dey play!

As long as we igbo maintain our state as the richest region per capita

With Anambra recently added as oil producing state and 3 igbo refineries springing up here

We don't have problems

And again

You people should keep your hate campaigns coming

Make our people start to look back home

T for tankiu wink
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Kyase(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:

Go check the list of things daura get then come back edit this post.

Both Gej and obj are mumus
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Godwin4444: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
tungamaje:

That's the major reason Nigeria is where she is today. How would the country grow when people vote based on the candidate from their region instead of voting based on merit? To be sincere and answer your question, there isn't any special benefit any candidate would offer any zone. Northerners have ruled majorly in Nigeria, how has that benefited them over the south? We can only get it right when we vote in people based on competence instead of voting based on the region the candidate comes from
so who is d candidate that could have been voted based on merit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 States In 4 Hrs Peter Obi Arrives Edo State / E Don Do Abeg!!!! / Yoruba's Attack Joe Igbokwe For Celebrating Sanwo Olu's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.