Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport (8715 Views)

Denrele Wears Very Long Braids: Fierce Or Disgusting? / Davido Replies A Girl Who Called Him Disgusting Gorilla / American Singer Kelis Called Slave And Disgusting Nigerian At London Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by omar22(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2011
the fact that ths mere white woman understood my point and Nigerians couldnt/rather insult me and hide in denial is hella embarrassing

The fact is that not everyone is been brought up to access situation (oh I believe the white man call it risk management or assessment) , rather than fight at every opportunity.

Education plays a strong part in how people view incidents, Kelis showed a lot of class not causing a scene but to report it now the Mayor of London is looking into the situation.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
Point is she reported it. No one asked her to go crazy.

Nigerians wouldnt even go as far as reporting. They'll keep it to themselves or whine about it to families/friends, like that's supposed to fix anything
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2011

Nigerians wouldnt even go as far as reporting. They'll keep it to themselves or whine about it to families/friends, like that's supposed to fix anything

]
You just mentioned what you would do, when in that situation!!!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2011
Is this dude ok?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by thameamead(f): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2011
turns out the incident happened in Spain, apparently she was confused.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2011
The man was British and it was iinbetween going from the UK to Spain

How the hell does that change anything btw
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by bizzzy: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
lol, if you guys complain about the us and uk, den u have to visit germany or spain.its a llot worse in germany.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Eve100000: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Are you always this stupid, or are you making a special effort today?!!!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2012
and who is this kunt?

bumping up an old thread first off and I stand by all that was written BY me in here

what are you gonna do about it?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Eve100000: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

and who is this kunt?

bumping up an old thread first off and I stand by all that was written BY me in here

what are you gonna do about it?

Yeah silly! An old tread like your stup d old face!!! How can u talk like a slowpoke! Oh! Sorry I can see your point, but I still think you're full of s**t.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
LOL the baby is upset. Ok Try that again in English.  grin
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2012
Disagree with you TOH, Nigerians are among one of the most arrogant set of people in the UK, especially the legally resident ones. If a Nigerian in the UK condones any form of abuse, trust me he/she aint legal and that is a fact.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
I believe they are arrogant towards other Africans/fellow Nigerians
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

I believe they are arrogant towards other Africans/fellow Nigerians

You are wrong, as long as a Nigerian get paper, no one is abusing on assaulting him/her.

Case in point, I used live at Peckham in London, my neighbour at the time was an elderly Yoruba woman (one of those women you'd wonder how they managed to get a visa). The police knocked on her door one chilly night and she answered just tying a wrapper, guess she'd just had a bath; they started to harass and made attempts to to arrest her. You won't believe that this woman told two male police officers where to go, asking them if they would arrest their wives or mothers in a bathrobe at near zero temperatures and what right they had to come to her door to ask for her papers when she hadn't committed any crime? (all in very disjointed english o). The got the message loud and clear and left.

This was in the mid-90s, a time when Britain was at best a centre right society.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Eve100000: 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL the baby is upset. Ok Try that again in English.  grin

Yeah!! You are so dumb, you stand on a chair to raise your IQ bitch!!!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Eve100000: 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
naijababe:

You are wrong, as long as a Nigerian get paper, no one is abusing on assaulting him/her.

Case in point, I used live at Peckham in London, my neighbour at the time was an elderly Yoruba woman (one of those women you'd wonder how they managed to get a visa). The police knocked on her door one chilly night and she answered just tying a wrapper, guess she'd just had a bath; they started to harass and made attempts to to arrest her. You won't believe that this woman told two male police officers where to go, asking them if they would arrest their wives or mothers in a bathrobe at near zero temperatures and what right they had to come to her door to ask for her papers when she hadn't committed any crime? (all in very disjointed english o). The got the message loud and clear and left.

This was in the mid-90s, a time when Britain was at best a centre right society.

Don't try to explain to an opportunist abroad,(thats if she has even been to the airport)you know
Everybody is entitle to be stupid but some abuse the privilege!!!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
naijababe:

I dont know why people use random stories of some person they know to prove a point. Btw it's a well known fact that Yoruba women will put anyone in their place. even without paper she probably would have asked the same.

Nigerians in GENERAL, UK and even some in the US allow oyibos to get away with anything esp at work. abeg.

No one has yet to tell me why out of all the black groups in the UK (Carribs being the biggest), why did this dude call Kelis a NIGERIAN. You dont find that odd?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

I dont know why people use random stories of some person they know to prove a point. Btw it's a well known fact that Yoruba women will put anyone in their place. even without paper she probably would have asked the same.

Nigerians in GENERAL, UK and even some in the US allow oyibos to get away with anything esp at work. abeg.

No one has yet to tell me why out of all the black groups in the UK (Carribs being the biggest), why did this dude call Kelis a NIGERIAN. You dont find that odd?

And you don't see the contrast in those statements?! Nigerians are docile but Yoruba women will put anyone in their place! Are Yoruba women not Nigerians any more?

Has it occurred to you that he might know that Kelis is of Nigerian descent ?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:55am On Feb 17, 2012
naijababe:

And you don't see the contrast in those statements?! Nigerians are docile but Yoruba women will put anyone in their place! Are Yoruba women not Nigerians any more?

Has it occurred to you that he might know that Kelis is of Nigerian descent ?

No. We are NOT grin

and your story doesnt change the fact that IN GENERAL Nigerians take whatever from oyibos. Even in Naija sef, German treat Nigerians like dogs. Make I hear word abeg.

know? LOL. AINT NOTHING NIGERIAN ABOUT KELIS abeg! She's Hispanic! Know indeed. He mentioned her being Nigerian cos he's used to insulting Nigerians.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by tpia5: 1:01am On Feb 17, 2012
Cant blame the police for that peckham lady story abeg. She must have been blowing them some mightily bad grammer coupled with an intelligible accent- they probably thought she was doing some very bad voodoo or something. Or getting ready to blast them with some more africa.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by tpia5: 1:26am On Feb 17, 2012
The british guy probably called kellis nigerian because a lot of AAs are claiming igbo descent through dna.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Tosinville(m): 8:19am On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefofHeart, LOL you're truely stealing ppl's heart here with ur false info, who says Kelis is hispanic = Spain descent?eh! the white man who said kelis is a Nigerian[black] can even see better than u as a black lady. Kelis is an african-american woman & she's partially related to the hispanic thru her mother who's half puerto-rican half chinese & there's nothing like biracial race, pls u need to get out of that cottage u live in 4u to get civilized about what going on around the globe & stop misleading members here with ur counterfeit informations (no offence)
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Tosinville(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2012
Tpia@

You're absolutely right, Nigerians/AAs don't need to be surprise if a white or any race called black folks they see Nigerian LOL cos most black in diaspora were Nigerian descent & the slave trade history book stated that Nigeria[badagry, Lagos] is where the slave trade centre was back then in west africa.

It stated that many Nigerians were ship off to american shore than any other west african countries & they were mostly Igbo ppl mix with few yorubas who landed in maryland, virginia, mississippi, alabama & georgia and numerous yorubas mixed with few igbos were shipped to brazil & some other caribbeanian countries back then but some still stick to the Nigerian unity thats why you'll still see yorubas & igbos community in cuba, haiti etc.

Lastly, we don't die but we multiply LOL thats 9ja motto so thiefofheart shouldn't be surprise if that white man called kelis a Nigerian & if she go for Y-chromosome dna test she might be of Nigerian descent truly.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

No. We are NOT grin

and your story doesnt change the fact that IN GENERAL Nigerians take whatever from oyibos. Even in Naija sef, German treat Nigerians like dogs. Make I hear word abeg.

know? LOL. AINT NOTHING NIGERIAN ABOUT KELIS abeg! She's Hispanic! Know indeed. He mentioned her being Nigerian cos he's used to insulting Nigerians.

Is that so?  grin grin grin

Oh well, we can agree to disagree. The ones in the UK dey over-do sef! You may be right about the ones in Nigeria though

tpia@:

Cant blame the police for that peckham lady story abeg. She must have been blowing them some mightily bad grammer coupled with an intelligible accent- they probably thought she was doing some very bad voodoo or something. Or getting ready to blast them with some more africa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Oyibo no dey fear juju jare, they were just horribly surprised that she'd stand up to them.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 10:31am On Feb 17, 2012
Disagree with you TOH, Nigerians are among one of the most arrogant set of people in the UK, especially the legally resident ones. If a Nigerian in the UK condones any form of abuse, trust me he/she aint legal and that is a  fact.

SPOT ON

This is why West Indies and Asian dont like Nigerian, 

Judging from your comments lately you sound as if you have been a victim of a racial assualt that has resulted in some serious mental damage to your make up!

you complained about a blackmen in movies from a whitemen
you complained about black producers not using real African actors
you complained about a black author selling a story to the white
you complained about a lady been half white half black
you complained about a lady been called Nigerian at an airport which one of its premium route is Lagos to London

You need to get out of the Ghetto where you live and broaden your horizon,
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by tpia5: 11:05am On Feb 17, 2012
West indies and asians Hatred for nigerians should be in another thread plz where it can be fully discussed.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by tpia5: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2012
Tosinville

what are you going on about?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by tpia5: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2012
Do i look like someone who is rich and waiting for some guy to come and sweep me off my feet via internet?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Tosinville(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
^What are you talking about?
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
West indies and asians Hatred for nigerians should be in another thread plz where it can be fully discussed.

Its not discussion just to support what someone said earlier one, which was Nigerians are too confident boardering on arrogance! thats why other ethnics dont like us!

A Nigerian could attend a Russian or Chinese party and blend in, something a Ghanaian, Congolese or Jamaican or Asian wouldnt think of doing!!!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
what is wrong with this baby-boy sef?

This slave keeps following me up and down. I believe Nigerians, IN NAIJA, the UK and the US act like bloody mumus when it comes to oyibos

What are you gonna do about it?

From the beginning of the thread, you've been crying about my comments. Common sense should tell you to IGNORE the thread abi? Why are you still here sef? Or what the hell makes you think Im gonna change my views for you? who you be? other than a mosquito with nothing better to do than to have a heartattack whenever I insult your oyibo masta.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tosinville:

ThiefofHeart, LOL you're truely stealing ppl's heart here with ur false info, who says Kelis is hispanic = Spain descent?

I dare you to quote where I said that Kelis is Spaniard. Please go and look for it. Ill be waiting here.

Running your mouth at me for no reason. undecided

Show me where I said ANYTHING about Spain. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Breaks The Internet As He Smoke With US $100 Highest Currency / Singer Zinoleesky Buys New Lexus Car Worth ₦4.5 Million / Wtf Halle And Jamie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.