Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport (8705 Views)

Denrele Wears Very Long Braids: Fierce Or Disgusting? / Davido Replies A Girl Who Called Him Disgusting Gorilla / American Singer Kelis Called Slave And Disgusting Nigerian At London Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by AfroBlue(m): 2:50am On Sep 14, 2011
Kelis Called ‘Kunta Kinte,’ ‘Disgusting Nigerian’ By Racist Airline Passenger

Singer Kelis's Twitter fury after she is subjected to racist abuse at a London airport
By Emily Sheridan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2037160/Keliss-Twitter-fury-subjected-racist-remarks-London-airport.html#ixzz1Xt4vA3dd

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:25am On Sep 14, 2011
This is the twitter convo she made about it

Read the twitter convo from bottom to top to understand

iamkelis KELIS

And what does that help. I could go on and on. I won't. But maybe someone will start to talk about it from here.

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Against something no one is willing to talk about or even admit exist. Everyone wants to be politically correct. But who really cares?

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

But its NO SECRET! And that I can fight against. I can try to prepare and teach my son. Because its out there. But you can't fight for or

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Smorgas board (spelling?) Of disgusting racial problems. We are the poster child for racial inequality even still with a black president

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Not mentioning a problem doesn't make it go away. I bring it up now because as an american it is abundantly clear that my country has a

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Decades behind progression because everything is swept under the rug. People don't talk about it. People don't fight about it.

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

For a lot of reasons. But I am in london all the time and today I'm gonna say that the racial issues in the uk are disgusting. Its racially

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Anyway, it made me think. This person was aprox a 50 year old english man. I didn't say anything at the time of the riots in London

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Or how that pig deserved. But #1 my gorgeous baby boy was literally sitting on my hip and #2 I'm a believer. And we are better. Sposed to be

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Over 50 people said nothing. I mean literally nothing. Didn't flinch. We all no I'm no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Head in agreement I guess, and said "kunta kinte". All the while the entire line full of people I just sat on a plane with for almost 3hours

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Probably a disgusting nigerian. He called me kunta kinte and ranted and raved some more. The man behind the passport desk laughed, shook his

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

This fat red faced sweaty "man" (I use the word man loosely here) started calling me a slave and told me to call him sir and how I was

20 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

Cut the line. Which wouldn't be far fetched of me but this time I actually didn't (not entirely anyway) well the point is from 0 to 60

21 hours ago

iamkelis KELIS

We just landed and I had the midget with me. we get in the passport control line and apparently pissed this one man off cause he thought I
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:28am On Sep 14, 2011
Yet the Nigerians in the UK are delusional about the racism.

Im sure by the time she responded the arsehole then knew she wasnt Nigerian as evryone knows  Nigerians are pathetic and meek when it comes to white people and they would never insult them back in fear of offending their "master"

After all where else would this psychotic white bastard get the idea to tell Kelis to call him "sir"? This is probably how he treats reetarded Nigerians in the UK everyday.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
Im sure by the time she responded the arsehole then knew she wasnt Nigerian as evryone knows  Nigerians are pathetic and meek when it comes to white people and they would never insult them back in fear of offending their "master"

After all where else would this psychotic white bastard get the idea to tell Kelis to call him "sir"? This is probably how he treats reetarded Nigerians in the UK everyday.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard,  do you honestly believe that a white person would racially insult you,  and that's it! he/she walks away as if nothing happens? where have you been living? (In a tree) its a CRIMINAL OFFENCE,  May be in Nigeria thats where they try to kiss up to a white man, but in the UK, that person would get a beating of a life-time if the law doesnt step in!
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
Nigerians will grin and say "Yes sah"

spare me the lies jare
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by chuckdee4(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Yet the Nigerians in the UK are delusional about the racism.

Which era are u living in, Nigerians are one of the few Africans that won't take shit from oyibos (Especially the ones in the UK), except the ones in Nigeria who have a major inferiority complex.

Did you type those lines out from your village because u sound like someone who has not seen  civilization talk less of travelling beyond the NIgerian borders
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
Please go and sit down

Why else would the man mention "Nigerian" in his rant towards Kelis who has nothing to do with Nigeria

Keep fooling yourself. Bloody slaves.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by chuckdee4(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Please go and sit down

Why else would the man mention "Nigerian" in his rant towards Kelis who has nothing to do with Nigeria

Keep fooling yourself. Bloody slaves.

What's the difference between you and the dude in question, thinking ur higher n better than other Nigerians. Look at your shameful self calling a fellow black man a slave. I'lld be more worried of ur kind over a white man

Donkeys can truly not be reasoned with, go n hug a transformer i'm done talking with farm animals

1 Like

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
Typical slave. My point flew over your pointy little head. Go back to kissing white man yansh

Either explain why this man felt the need to mention Nigerians or stfu
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by anonymous6(f): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sad story but this is nothing new even in England; Didn't Oprah went through that in France a few years ago. The funny part the British front like they are more tolerant and there is racial harmony but in reality it isn't the case, it's a little grey over there. I have been there 4 times for vacation and to visit family & I have Nigerian family members that live there and have told me some ugly stories over there. Although that is the case England is better then some other countries when it comes to race but they are far from perfect though. One thing I agree with Kelis is that America has racial issues and their history is worst then England but in America most of these racial issues have been put out in the open and talked about to a extent but in England, most Blacks don't fight against or talk about it, and the discussion is under the rug.

About them calling her "kunte kinte" & "disgusting Nigerian", well this will tell people that England isn't all peaches n creme as people hype that place to be, many Nigerians are getting that now
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
anonymous6:

most Blacks don't fight against or talk about it, and the discussion is under the rug.

Because they are brainwashed coons. They rather defend their masters than fight against them
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Outstrip(f): 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
When someone is that ignorant you don't even get mad at them. Just pity them. The highlight of his life is probably the fact that he gets to scan people at the airport
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by anonymous6(f): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
@Thiefofhearts

"They rather defend their masters than fight against them"
Well I don't think it's because they want to "defend their masters" as you said I think it's because they are afraid. they know it's wrong but they ignore it because of fear but to defend them i doubt it. I remember I was reading online years ago where this Jamaican female was working with a Nigerian man in a company in England and their boss who is a white British man insulted them racially but didn't realize it to being a insult & has done it to other races as well in the office(Indians, Arabs and etc). When the Jamaican lady wanted to confront their boss the Nigerian guy refused, he had the same anger as her but refused because he didn't want to lose his job. The difference is the Jamaican lady didn't mind if she lost her job confronting the ignorant boss the Nigerian guy did care if he lost his job if confronting the boss

"Because they are brainwashed"

You do have some point there, The times I went to England the question I wondered at times with Blacks there: Is there any Black pride?
There is cultural pride like with the Caribbeans(Jamaicans, Grenadeans, and etc), Indians, Africans(Nigerians, Ghanians, Somalians, and etc) when it comes to having their own businesses and etc but racial pride it's a little grey over there
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by kony1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
This man most refer to every black person he sees as nigerian. Kelis doent even look nigerian lol
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Kunbee: 12:32am On Sep 15, 2011
Na dem sabi

I no kuku dey abroad cheesy cool
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2011
anonymous6:

has done it to other races as well in the office(Indians, Arabs and etc). When the Jamaican lady wanted to confront their boss the Nigerian guy refused, he had the same anger as her but refused because he didn't want to lose his job. The difference is the Jamaican lady didn't mind if she lost her job confronting the ignorant boss the Nigerian guy did care if he lost his job if confronting the boss

This is exactly what Im talking about. Too bloody apathetic. Why would he lose his job? I thought the UK was all about "racial harmony", I would think their rules about workplace discrimination would be even better than ours, if he wasnt a coward it would be that boss that would be losing his job, not him. Typical grin and accept it, idiots.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Nayah(f): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2011
Unfortunately Nigerians are heard to have bad fame in the UK but people are too busy to generalize without making any effort to select their surroundings

KELIS YOU RE DISGUTING NIGERIAN? yeah be proud of it, cause they'll feel too strong to think they've bashed you, these narrow minded people are disgusting too since they go to a disgusting country NIGERIA for their oil, so finally everybody's disgusting right?  grin

PS we're proud of KUNTA KINTE AND WE DO LOVE HIM, as for me I really do wink
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2011
Like I said earlier on, some people need to be enlightened, they should step out of the tree or mud hut they live in and see the light,

The white lady who jokingly said to her black colleague that (do I look like I just got of the boat) was sacked on the spot,

@Thiefofhearts

You need to think FIRST, then write, don't come up with garbage they drip feed you wherever you live!!

2 Likes

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
Please stfu.

why wasnt the man laughing at what was said to Kelis at Heathrow fired?

Ode. Keep defending your masters.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by chuckdee4(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
baby-boy:

Like I said earlier on, some people need to be enlightened, they should step out of the tree or mud hut they live in and see the light,

The white lady who jokingly said to her black colleague that (do I look like I just got of the boat) was sacked on the spot,

@Thiefofhearts

You need to think FIRST, then write, don't come up with garbage they drip feed you wherever you live!!

Bro don't waste your time, people that live here know what's up
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Chuckdee4

Bro your right, Calling someone stup1d would be an insult to stup1d people.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by showstopa: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thiefofhearts,
U sound very angry? Is that unresolved racial issues?Look at how you are blowing oku oku(I hope that sounds right) on this page.
I bet you are one of those typical fight -on-the-paper-Nigerians. Nawa oh.You soun dlike someone wh has held back so much anger from being maltreated by white slave masters and because of that you are stilla slave to them.
Snap out of it girl (I assume you female)
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by babyboy3(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thiefofhearts,
U sound very angry? Is that unresolved racial issues?Look at how you are blowing oku oku(I hope that sounds right) on this page.
I bet you are one of those typical fight -on-the-paper-Nigerians. Nawa oh.You soun dlike someone wh has held back so much anger from being maltreated by white slave masters and because of that you are stilla slave to them.
Snap out of it girl (I assume you female)

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by yankite(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Thiefofhearts,just wanted to give you some fact about Naija yansh kissing assumption of the white men

1 A naija man will only kiss ur behind when he knows he wants to get your money in return.

2 A naija man overseaes that has no papers is the only nigerian that will be so humble to take whatever insult from white men.

3  most naija people abroad doesn't have the intension to stay there forever,moreover no be my village abi no be to make money and go back home to venture in some lucrative stuff.

4 We don't have any history of racial inequality so it doesn't really cut across to a nigerian like dem other blacks who have strong history of racism,for a nigerian as long as hin no affect the money him go make.

1 Like

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by africa60(f): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2011
are some people highly favoured in this forum?, I posted this same incident in the same celebrities section good 2hrs before this post and it never made it to the front page.
I just want to understand how this work because I hv posted very interesting topics I hope people should be informed about and they never appear on the front page.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by Buckie10: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
Don't know where people get stories about racism in the UK? It is just lazy to sit and type the kind of comments i have read, and to think some of the posters live in the States just confirms being educated doesn't necessarily mean being enlightened. The story of the Jamaican and the Nigerian is too far fetched, if the Jamaican was that aggrieved she would confront regardless of what anybody else says, and Jamaicans generally are very aggressive. The UK has it's own fair share of ignorant people, but compared to the States and other parts of Europe we are saints. Let me provide some clarity most racists don't come out openly like the ignorant bigot that insulted Kellis if you dig further he is probably not educated and very unenlightened, we would be discussing a very different topic if it was the lovely Naomi Campbell, he probably wouldn't have his red sweaty face any more. Racism in the UK is now very sophisticated and a lot of the posters wouldn't even realise it if it were to smack them right in the face. Different situations call for different reactions if you decide to fight every single battle you will end up losing most of them, so for all you equality advocates hold your horses and stop having a fit, we got this.

1 Like

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by anonymous6(f): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
@yankite

"1 A naija man will only kiss your behind when he knows he wants to get your money in return.

2 A naija man overseaes that has no papers is the only nigerian that will be so humble to take whatever insult from white men.

3  most naija people abroad doesn't have the intension to stay there forever,moreover no be my village abi no be to make money and go back home to venture in some lucrative stuff.

4 We don't have any history of racial inequality so it doesn't really cut across to a nigerian like dem other blacks who have strong history of racism,for a nigerian as long as hin no affect the money him go make. "

I agree, as long as the Nigerians abroad money is not effected and since most are not staying for long abroad they could care less; and the racial history between Nigerians and black diasporians is very different
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
yankite:

@Thiefofhearts,just wanted to give you some fact about Naija yansh kissing assumption of the white men

1 A naija man will only kiss your behind when he knows he wants to get your money in return.

3  most naija people abroad doesn't have the intension to stay there forever,moreover no be my village abi no be to make money and go back home to venture in some lucrative stuff.

4 We don't have any history of racial inequality so it doesn't really cut across to a nigerian like dem other blacks who have strong history of racism,for a nigerian as long as hin no affect the money him go make.

That's the problem with you people. Willing to sell your dignity because of money. Forget overseas for a moment. What about in your very own Nigeria? Germans, Asians, all these pigs come here call you name and treat you like shyt in your background, you sit there and grin like morons. After all na white kman, whatever he says must be right but let it be a man from another tribe, see if you wont bring out cutlass. Abeg!

Very embarrassing bunch. No better than the South Africans. Actually white people are paying for it now in SA. Mugabe kicked them out of Zimbambwe, would Nigeria EVER do something like that? No because you people are beyond greedy. Who cares about pride when there's money? ABI? Let's just thank God it was the british who colonized us and not the bloody Dutch else you two would have been showing papers everytime you leave your damn hut.

A Ghanian man sued his boss in the states recently. while he was working boss would make monkey noises and all sorts of disparging remarks, he got HR on the bosses' behind and sued him. won a $2.5 millon lawsuit. If that was a Nigerian would he even have the sense to report not to talk of sue, instead he will joke and say stupid crap like "LOL I know he's just joking. He likes me. white people are so funny"

Typical sufferheads.

1 Like

Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2011
Buckie10:

. Racism in the UK is now very sophisticated and a lot of the posters wouldn't even realise it if it were to smack them right in the face.

Is that something to be proud of?

Wasnt there race riots over there just a few weeks ago?

Delusion of grandeur. LOL never knew covert racism was better than out in the open.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by anonymous6(f): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
@TheifOfHearts

"Let's just thank God it was the british who colonized us and not the bloody Dutch else you two would have been showing papers everytime you leave your damn hut."

cosign 100%

"What about in your very own Nigeria? Germans, Asians, all these pigs come here call you name and treat you like shyt in your background, you sit there and grin like morons. After all na white kman, whatever he says must be right but let it be a man from another tribe, see if you wont bring out cutlass. Abeg!"

I can't speak for other tribes because I don't know but I think that is more tribal because my family told me when foolish dictators like Sani Abacha(including Babangida) was ruling Nigeria to no where decades ago he brought in many Lebanese business men into Nigeria and from what I heard they treated Nigerians like crap, that Nigerians saw the true colors of foreigners, so I have heard at least in Yoruba land they don't bend to or trust them. That when those men fell Nigerians extended the attitude to those foreigners they brought, that many of those foreigners ran off at that time as a result(I guess that was God's way of teaching Nigerians what these people really felt of us). At least in Yoruba land for the majority they don't trust foreigners too much or take crap from them but Nigerians in general(of all tribes) do play games with them to get money from them(especially 419 gangs; from documentaries I have watched).

In general though I don't think Nigerians trust foreigners because it has been said through documentaries that the CIA influenced the civil war in Nigeria decades ago, and many Nigerians have confirmed this. So I wouldn't under-estimate Nigerians and think they are slow, at least the majority get it & have their way of getting back to them.
Re: Kelis Called ‘kunta Kinte,’ ‘disgusting Nigerian’ @ London Airport by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
I dont literally mean that they "trust" them just that they are too cowardly to defend themsleves or call them out when they are out of line.

If I know I can disrespect you and you will still call me oga ma because of money, I will NOT rtespect you. It's that simple

You are so right about the Lebanese. Dont know why they havent been kicked out. The Ghanans you kicked out are doing 100% better than Nigeria now.

On this board one dude mentioned how on a plane 2 Lebenese men were making nasty comments about Nigeria and Nigerian women and the dude stood up to them when they were about to get off. People HERE told the guy that he was being barbaric for speaking up and you wonder why Im irritated. Instead of applauding the guy people were yarning dust. so sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actress Regina Daniels Flaunts Sexy Legs In New Photos / Rema's Burning Church Necklace, What Is The Meaning / Chris Brown/ Trey Songz- Who's Kuter: Who You Like Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.