Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

What Makes You An Indegene? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Makes You An Indegene? (615 Views)

Igbo Are Shooting Yoruba Lagos indegene / From The Inception Of Lagos A True Lagos Indegene Has Never Ruled Lagos Until Gb / What Makes You An Indegene? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You An Indegene? by AKONE(m): 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2023
I have taken time to go through the campaign against LP Governorship candidate in Lagos State: saying he is an Igbo man. I had to take time to check his family history and ancestry and found that he is originally from Lagos. Never has Lagos been governed by people who are originally from Lagos. They've all been from other southwestern States since 1999. The only "problem" with Gbadebo is that his mother is Igbo.

How does that make him less a Yoruba man or Lagosian? Even if he were Igbo, does been born in Lagos not confer on him the right to be a Lagos indigene? What makes a Yoruba man from other southwestern states better Lagosians than others? How is indigeneship of a state or citizenship of a nation determined? I'm confused about this hatred we have for one another.

I'm originally from Ondo State, born in the North, married from Delta, gave birth to my children in the North, relocated to Lagos because of the crisis in the North. Where do I tell my children they come from if they're not seen as northerners by northerners and not seen as yorubas by yorubas because their mother is from Delta?

We're so happy when we see Nigerians winning elections in UK, Canada, and the US, but it becomes a problem when an Igbo man wins election in Lagos. How then do you discourage agitations for Biafra Nation and Yoruba Nation?

Is Nigeria really a country?

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Hashabiah: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2023
Bros your talk makes sense and it's something that needs to be addressed if we're to find harmony in the Nigerian society .

As it stands , I have a friend whose father came from Cross River , Calabar but her mother was is a yoruba woman from Ekiti state.

Back then , she was given admission to study medicine at the University of Ife, and one of the criteria to secure admission in western states was the issue of educational disadvantaged states which are favored to get admission easier due the fact that they are smaller and the number of educated people in such states were often fewer from such regions, of which Cross River was a part of them

To cut the long story short, she decided to use this claim her state of origin (Cross River ) to gain admission, but just because her name held only held a yoruba word "Yetunde" , she was disqualified from receiving Cross River state indigeneship.

When I asked her about why her state refused to give her a letter of indigeneship, her answer was " They said my father did not marry from their side , therefore ,I'm not from their region " .

Can you imagine ? So which region is she from because it's obvious the yorubas won't claim her as their own. Smh undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Horus(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
Tribalism obviously has an extremely negative effect on Nigeria. These negative aspects of tribalism are often fueled by competition and
the perception of a common threat. Tribalism promote fear, anxiety, and prejudice, all of which make us more susceptible to fake news, propaganda, and conflict. Tribalism can take many forms and it is hampering the progress in Nigeria. Tribalism should be outlawed

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by AKONE(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
Horus:
Tribalism obviously has an extremely negative effect on Nigeria. These negative aspects of tribalism are often fueled by competition and
the perception of a common threat. Tribalism promote fear, anxiety, and prejudice, all of which make us more susceptible to fake news, propaganda, and conflict. Tribalism can take many forms and it is hampering the progress in Nigeria. Tribalism should be outlawed

How can tribalism be outlawed?
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by AKONE(m): 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hashabiah:
Bros your talk makes sense and it's something that needs to be addressed if we're to find harmony in the Nigerian society .

As it stands , I have a friend whose father came from Cross River , Calabar but her mother was is a yoruba woman from Ekiti state.

Back then , she was given admission to study medicine at the University of Ife, and one of the criteria to secure admission in western states was the issue of educational disadvantaged states which are favored to get admission easier due the fact that they are smaller and the number of educated people in such states were often fewer from such regions, of which Cross River was a part of them

To cut the long story short, she decided to use this claim her state of origin (Cross River ) to gain admission, but just because her name held only held a yoruba word "Yetunde" , she was disqualified from receiving Cross River state indigeneship.

When I asked her about why her state refused to give her a letter of indigeneship, her answer was " They said my father did not marry from their side , therefore ,I'm not from their region " .

Can you imagine ? So which region is she from because it's obvious the yorubas won't claim her as their own. Smh undecided

These are the questions that young Nigerians must ask. Shall we continue like? This is more dangerous than SARS.
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by optionalY09: 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2023
Your Children are from Delta North grin
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Tochitee(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2023
the idiotic labour party candidate is wasting his time! his continous insult to the great yoruba people is all over the internet.we will throw him to the trash he belongs.
God bless the president elect
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless our dear nation Nigeria
God bless Nigerians
God bless APC supporters
God bless everyone that voted APC
God bless me
God bless you
God bless nairaland users
tinubu for me,tinubu for you,tinubu for All.
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Horus(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2023
AKONE:

How can tribalism be outlawed?

New laws should be added to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is exactly what they did in Rwanda.
Laws against ethnic divisionism were passed in 2001 and are enshrined in the 2003 constitution through various articles
outlawing forms of discrimination and “divisionism”. Punishment for breaking these laws include lengthy prison sentences and
hefty fines. And it is working very well in Rwanda, their country is now more stable
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by optionalY09: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
Igbos should lead Igbos, Yoruba should lead Yorubas and Hausa should lead Hausa until we seat down together and create a constitution nobody will allow anyone to come from other regions to lead people in another region.

There is nothing wrong if people enjoy cross marrying they should know that until there is a standard constitution with each region collective input their children will remain limited at State level

1 Like

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Omoawoke: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
You would have made sense if you non igbos can have the audacity to even contest for local government chairman or councillor in any south east state.
People like you are a serious problem.
The same western world u talk about still take some special positions for seriously and will never hand them over to foreigners or people of color.
Be there forming awoke, when actually u dont have sense. The people and country you are sharing with forming awoke have another agenda and want to take away your land.
That is how your ancestors were on the verge of giving kwara away to Fulani yet u never wise.
You now want to give the 4th largest economy in Africa, the richest and most strategic state in south west to foreigners in the name of awoke...
Hello sir, at your age you should have some wisdom but I can tell you are very senseless.
You can carry him to become your village chief in Ondo but he will.never rule Lagos
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Hashabiah: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
Omoawoke:

You would have made sense if you non igbos can have the audacity to even contest for local government chairman or councillor in any south east state.
The same western world u talk about still take some special positions for seriously and will never hand them over to foreigners or people of color.
Be there forming awoke, when actually u dont have sense. The people and country you are sharing with forming awoke have another agenda and want to take away your land.
That is how your ancestors were on the verge of giving kwara away to Fulani yet u never wise.
You now want to give the 4th largest economy in Africa, the richest and most strategic state in south west to foreigners in the name of awoke...
Hello sir, at your age you should have some wisdom but I can tell you are very senseless.
You can carry him to become your village chief in Ondo but he will.never rule Lagos
OP , please ignore this ewedu-eating fool from Idumota, he has had too much wine and he felt like talking through his anus for fun
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by JoeyNaza: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
Omoawoke:

But a 2nd generation immigrant is the prime minister of UK

1 Like

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by gabbytabby: 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2023
My great grandfather house is in ita akoni, my grandfather is in ita faji, my father is in Surulere in so doing they have built new roots and established themselves as lagosians and 1 am a forth generation or more lagosians. And then the children are fifth generation.

It is greedy to think that you can be nnewi establish and continue to establish your roots there I and want to also claim lagos.l

1 Like

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Omoawoke: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
gabbytabby:
My great grandfather house is in ita akoni, my grandfather is in ita faji, my father is in Surulere in so doing they have built new roots and established themselves as lagosians and 1 am a forth generation or more lagosians. And then the children are fifth generation.

It is greedy to think that you can be nnewi establish and continue to establish your roots there I and want to also claim lagos.l

He has identified with Biafra and rejected Yoruba

So we should vote him because he is the messiah? Na him dey feed us? Na him create Lagos? What has he done specially?

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by gabbytabby: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
Omoawoke:

He has identified with Biafra and rejected Yoruba

So we should vote him because he is the messiah? Na him dey feed us? Na him create Lagos? What has he done specially?

Definitely not vote for vivour. With Igbo wife and mama he is through and through Igbo.

Most of this Igbo women wey marry Yoruba men just they look for sample their children na Igbo

See as that Igbo governors wife. Betty Anyanwu For ekiti or is it ondo dey disgrace him husband up and down na she wan decide what they do in their house.Wild animals
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by KGD10: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
AKONE:
I have taken time to go through the campaign against LP Governorship candidate in Lagos State: saying he is an Igbo man. I had to take time to check his family history and ancestry and found that he is originally from Lagos. Never has Lagos been governed by people who are originally from Lagos. They've all been from other southwestern States since 1999. The only "problem" with Gbadebo is that his mother is Igbo.

How does that make him less a Yoruba man or Lagosian? Even if he were Igbo, does been born in Lagos not confer on him the right to be a Lagos indigene? What makes a Yoruba man from other southwestern states better Lagosians than others? How is indigeneship of a state or citizenship of a nation determined? I'm confused about this hatred we have for one another.

I'm originally from Ondo State, born in the North, married from Delta, gave birth to my children in the North, relocated to Lagos because of the crisis in the North. Where do I tell my children they come from if they're not seen as northerners by northerners and not seen as yorubas by yorubas because their mother is from Delta?

We're so happy when we see Nigerians winning elections in UK, Canada, and the US, but it becomes a problem when an Igbo man wins election in Lagos. How then do you discourage agitations for Biafra Nation and Yoruba Nation?

Is Nigeria really a country?

Well, it depends. If you inculcate or were useless enough like Rhodes' father to allow your wife to inculcate only other tribe's heritage in your children while hating your Yoruba tribe despite living in Yoruba land, then they're definitely not Yoruba because you've failed! You can't breed up hateful children who hate Yorubas while living in Yoruba land! We won't allow such! You can't hate us in our own land like that useless Rhodes!

Secondly, the case of Rhodes apart from his unwarranted hate against Yoruba, there's even more. His father was one of the returning African slaves who were rehabilitated by the Awori in Lagos. Some of these slaves were Yoruba of course who returned back home whereas some of them didn't even know where they came from but were rehabilitated all the same. Which one was Rhodes ancestor? If he could hate Yorubas unwarranted while living in Yoruba land, then I doubt if his ancestor was a Yoruba in the first place. His ancestor married a Yoruba woman of course but as time goes by, the Yoruba genes has been depleted by the Igbos, knowing fully well that his Rhodes ancestor wasn't even a Yoruba man to begin with thus the bastard behavior. So what are we saying?

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by DMerciful(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wouldn't it be better if they form three countries instead?
optionalY09:
Igbos should lead Igbos, Yoruba should lead Yorubas and Hausa should lead Hausa until we seat down together and create a constitution nobody will allow anyone to come from other regions to lead people in another region.

There is nothing wrong if people enjoy cross marrying they should know that until there is a standard constitution with each region collective input their children will remain limited at State level
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by KGD10: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2023
I will also add, if a (Yoruba) man marries an Igbo lady and gave birth to a male child who went on to marry another Igbo lady, then I will be wary of him becoming an indigenous Yoruba leader because there are two outside women who could have poisoned his mind, let alone someone who can't speak Yoruba and has been constantly saying rubbish about Yoruba like the useless chinedu Rhode. I really don't know why some Igbo ladies are so hateful yet wanting to marry Yoruba but would still continue to hate Yoruba. They're more or less hating their own children. Is it that they're dumb to not know that their half bred children won't even be accepted in their hateful Igbo land? They're more or less hating and sabotaging their own children. Most of them are generally dumb and that's why they gave birth to dumb kids like that useless Chinedu Rhodes

I put the Yoruba in bracket above because We don't even know if Rhodes ancestor was a Yoruba to begin with.

On the other hand, if a Yoruba man marries an Igbo Lady, after which they gave birth to a male who went on to marry a Yoruba woman, then I can still feel comfortable with him becoming an indigenous Yoruba leader.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by T9ksy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
DMerciful:

I believe, this was why our founding fathers insisted on federating units when drafting the constitution that will be applied when governing the new amalgam to ensure no region will be preponderant over any other region/s (in the union) but here we are today with the same problem that our founding fathers painstakingly tried to avoid.

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
T9ksy:

I believe, this was why our founding fathers insisted on federating units when drafting the constitution that will be applied when governing the new amalgam to ensure no region will be preponderant over any other region/s (in the union) but here we are today with the same problem that our founding fathers painstakingly tried to avoid.

Just guess the region that destroyed the semi autonomy enjoyed by the different federating units, and lumped everyone together because of their ingrained delusion of thinking they should lord it over others?
Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by optionalY09: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
DMerciful:

Good! this is the way i like people to think. Form three different countries and everyone is cool

1 Like

Re: What Makes You An Indegene? by T9ksy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
elnegrodeafriqu:

Just guess the region that destroyed the semi autonomy enjoyed by the different federating units, and lumped everyone together because of their ingrained delusion of thinking they should lord it over others?

Am sure, there are no prizes for guessing RIGHT, first time...............igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Secured First Legal Victory Against Tinubu / White People Enjoying Themselves While Nigerians Doing Old Money New Money And B / How Tinubu Deceived Peter Obi Into Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.