Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? (891 Views)

Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman / Unrivaled Integrated Marketing Communications Available Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? by ebony4life(f): 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2007
I don't know if you understand anything about Integrated Marketing Communications? Share it with me.
Thanks
Re: What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? by ijogbon(m): 12:47am On Aug 31, 2007
Basically integrated marcomms means making all your marketing communications ALONG THE VALUE CHAIN speak the same language.

For clarity let us take an example -  A telecomms company.

Value chain                           - Transmission, operations, Admin, Marketing and sales
Corresponding marcomms    - Constant signals, prompt problems fixing, payment processing, adverts on TV, sales promotion.

In this example if the message your adverts give out is Nigerias best network, your marcomms at the transmission part of the value chain must be that people always find signal anywhere they are in Nigeria, your marcomms at the operations part of the value chain is how efficient your operations are i.e problem fixing, customer service, etc. your marcomms at the Admin and sales portions of the value chain also must be sending similar messages.
This way you are talking to your customers all through the value chain and you are speaking a coherent and common language, passing consistent information to customers.

I hope this helps?
Re: What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? by ebony4life(f): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2007
Thank you Ijogbon,
that helped me lot, by giving another new look of IMC.
Can I know where you got your source from? smiley
Re: What Is Integrated Marketing Communications? by ijogbon(m): 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2007
ebony4life

I am a marketing professional and chartered marketer. So i guess thats my source but you can use the website below for more information.

www.cim.co.uk

Are you a professional yourself?

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Job / Private Placements / I Need A Good Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.