Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise (1405 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / Is Atiku The Owner Of Tiger Skyscraper Estate In Dubai? - Fact Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2023
Please why are yorubas telling the igbos to leave lagos

The so called lagos is owned by the Binis

The Binis were the people who named it eko

Please before you quote and insult me

Ask elderly ones in your family probably your grandparents

Or rather take a walk to any of your monarchs and ask them they will tell you the history

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by CallmeTrinity: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2023
Very true I was explaining to one Yoruba guy the other day.

See Eko means market place or place of gathering and tribe in Bini ask a Yoruba man what Eko means in their language!

It has none. My people are the original settlers of Lagos for trade with the Portuguese .

Yet the Yoruba claim Lagos

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

See Eko means market place or place of gathering and tribe in Bini ask a Yoruba man what Eko means in their language!

It has none. My people are the original settlers of Lagos for trade with the Portuguese .

Exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by JoshTim: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

So you want to tell a Yoruba man his history?

The Yoruba's(Aworis) are the owner of lagos

8 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Massiveglory: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

You don't know history. Find any wise old baba around you.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Lite2018: 10:06am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

Or rather take a walk to any of your monarchs and ask them they will tell you the history

Nobody is asking anybody to leave anywhere, lagos is yoruba land just as Enugu is ibo land all this history is unneccesary. Anybody that goes to any of this place and starts claiming nonsense is just setting himself up for conflict. Accomodating a yoruba man for a long time in Kaduna doesn't make it no man's land. Lagos is yoruba land.

Ife is not bini land because oranmiyan is originally from bini, it is yoruba land because the original occupant of the land identify as that.

3 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by CallmeTrinity: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

Kai

You people are just .... How can a tribe thrive on lies propaganda and misinformation while also twisting history?

It's so unfortunate for you guys

🤨

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Strikethem: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

Go to your Benin and ask him when he was sending his slaves on errand to lagos, do they meet people or not.

Then ask him how his son became the king in lagos. Let him tell you the fact before coming here to disgrace your ancestors.

6 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by JoshTim: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Kai

You people are just .... How can a tribe thrive on lies propaganda and misinformation while also twisting history?

It's so unfortunate for you guys

🤨

Have you done your research. Do you know the original name Eko was called....how can you come and spread falsehoods. You are obviously a bastard from afghaeastern

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by CallmeTrinity: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

Have you done your research. Do you know the original name Eko was called....how can you come and spread falsehoods. You are obviously a bastard from afghaeastern

This is how you know these animals ! Quick to insult people. Very uncivilized useless bunch of human ritualists who don't know their fathers.

Most of their mothers spread legs for agberos and motor park touts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

Ask your grandparents please

What is the meaning of eko in yoruba?
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2023
Massiveglory:

You don't know history. Find any wise old baba around you.
Exactly

But they will never want to seek for knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by JoshTim: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

Ask your grandparents please

What is the meaning of eko in yoruba?

Chai, go and do your research. I know where I was born and i know the history. Will you tell me my history. See let me tell you, am not from igbo state without history.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Lite2018:

Nobody is asking anybody to leave anywhere, lagos is yoruba land just as Enugu is ibo land all this history is unneccesary. Anybody that goes to any of this place and starts claiming nonsense is just setting himself up for conflict. Accomodating a yoruba man for a long time in Kaduna doesn't make it no man's land. Lagos is yoruba land.

Ife is not bini land because oranmiyan is originally from bini, it is yoruba land because the original occupant of the land identify as that.

Do you even know your history

I just told you to go ask elderly ones and you are here still talking gibberish

Just ask how the name eko came about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

Chai, go and do your research. I know where I was born and i know the history. Will you tell me my history. See let me tell you, am not from igbo state without history.

You are still saying same thing

How did that name originated and who named lagos eko
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2023
Strikethem:
Go to your Benin and ask him when he was sending his slaves on errand to lagos, do they meet people or not.

Then ask him how his son became the king in lagos. Let him tell you the fact before coming here to disgrace your ancestors.

Do you even know the meaning of eko?

Are you aware of the people who named it

How can Slaves send on errand to lagos meet people in lagos but yet the Slaves named lagos eko?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Felabrity: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2023
False
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by JoshTim: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

You are still saying same thing

How did that name originated and who named lagos eko

Go and do your research. Who owns Nigeria?...the British? I don't know why you people are not so smart like this.

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Lite2018: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

Do you even know your history

I just told you to go ask elderly ones and you are here still talking gibberish

Just ask how the name eko came about

Tell me my history, historian
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Lite2018: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2023
JoshTim:

Go and do your research. Who owns Nigeria?...the British? I don't know why you people are not so smart like this.

It is painful honestly....
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2023
Strikethem:

You dey mind dem.
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by ihimiray(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

stop all dis....Lagos belongs to the Yorubas...though the bini ruled Lagos but it belongs to the awori...would you say Benin belongs to the Yorubas since your king too is called OBA....

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by MuchAdo: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2023
Piggidiotts amaka cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by KanwuliaExtra: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2023
No question there!
I am from Edo State.

Pure raw facts!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by KGD10: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Ode, Eko is a Yoruba word! Sink that into your stupid skull.

Secondly, according to your dumb brain, Bini jumped Ondo and Ogun closer to them to own Lagos that's farther from them? are you insane?

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by princemillla(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

You can tell the binis to go n take it. Why come here to make unnecessary stance.

Just gather ur bini people to go n take it back.

Too many toddlers with fone on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by blabulu2000: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

You see how tribalistic you are

I'm from edo State. A Bini to be precise

And have you read about the history of Lagos state and how Edo came into it.....

If you haven't...ask.the elders in your town or.village

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Biodun556(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

How come out of over 50 Lagos monarchs, only 1 has Benin origin?

Even the one with Benin origin is surrounded by Yoruba chiefs.

A Yoruba tribe tribe called Awori is the owner of larger % of Lagos, followed by Ijebus, followed by Egbas, then Oguns then slave returnees

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Biodun556(m): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2023
ihimiray:
stop all dis....Lagos belongs to the Yorubas...though the bini ruled Lagos but it belongs to the awori...would you say Benin belongs to the Yorubas since your king too is called OBA....

A Yoruba tribe tribe called Awori is the owner of larger % of Lagos, followed by Ijebus, then Egbas, then Oguns then slave returnees
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Biodun556(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

A Yoruba tribe tribe called Awori is the owner of larger % of Lagos, followed by Ijebus, followed by Egbas, then Oguns then slave returnees

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock As UNIBEN Student Murdered In Cold Blood Inside Hostel / Hypocrisy Of The Nairaland:if It Was Peter Obi That Was Spotted On The Helicopte / Enugu People Accuse Governor Peter Mbah Of Coming From Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.