Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi (457 Views)

Fayemi Moves To Dethrone 16 Kings In Ekiti - Wazobia Reporters / Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso / I Have Received Request To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi by ruffhandu: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2023

A fresh crisis is brewing among the members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State.

This is as the former Chief of Staff to former Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Tony Okocha has now declared himself as the leader of the APC in the state.
Okocha, in a media briefing in Port Harcourt on Sunday, claimed that his emergence as the leader of the APC in the state follows Amaechi’s alleged directive that members of the APC should vote against the then Presidential Candidate of the party, now President-elect Bola Tinubu, in the just concluded elections.
“A day before the presidential election, he ordered his supporters to vote for the candidates of the PDP. We also have it on record that he also voted for the candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
“That necessarily by nature disqualifies him as the leader. And that I, Chief Tony Okocha, who won election with my own faction, for our presidential candidate is now the leader of APC in Rivers State,” he claimed.

But reacting to Okocha’s self enthronement, the Publicity Secretary of the APC in Rivers State, Darlington Nwauju insisted that the former Chief of staff to Amaechi is not a member of the party in the state.
Nwauju stated that Okocha is just a member of an independent campaign outfit for Tinubu-Shettima, in the just concluded Presidential election.
He said Okocha cannot mention the names of 5 executive members of the APC in his ward, describing him as a transactional politician.
According to him, “Are you not aware that the campaign outfit which he belongs to here in Rivers State, is torn apart because of money allegedly donated to them by the Governor of Rivers State.
According to him, “Are you not aware that the campaign outfit which he belongs to here in Rivers State, is torn apart because of money allegedly donated to them by the Governor of Rivers State.
https://ibomfocus.com/just-in-ahead-of-guber-fresh-crisis-hits-apc/
Re: Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi by ruffhandu: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2023
Now it means Wike and Amechi want to cross-carpet parties, with hope that the parties would win, wike moving to APC and Amaechi moving to PDP. Shameless people! These are people who were able to wrench lose of their godfathers and condemned gofatherism strongly, but now they are not just trying to play godfathers but gods over men. These are part of the structure of criminality that must go down.
But I noticed Amechi has been unusally quiete.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi by Xscape1993(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2023
And this confusion will continue till the stolen mandate is returned.....
Re: Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi by Mfetenang: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Who is Amaechi?
I don't remember him but the name sounds familiar grin
The annointed one is completely finished as a politician, now Wike is going to be the most powerful politician in Rivers State.
Re: Fresh Crisis Hit APC In Rivers- Attempt To Dethrone Amaechi by Buckeyemedia1: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2023
Mfetenang:
Who is Amaechi?
I don't remember him but the name sounds familiar grin
The annointed one is completely finished as a politician, now Wike is going to be the most powerful politician in Rivers State.
Myopic minded element, Please Shut up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Lagos Cannot Be Left In The Hands Of A Novice / The Reason Why Inec Asked You To Go To Court!! / Peter Obi At Awka Anambra State _(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.