Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,114 members, 7,852,777 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes (79691 Views)

In Algeria: Minimum Wage Is N161,500, 1 Litre Of Petrol Is N321 / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Kaduna Residents Ignore Governor El-Rufai, Reject Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 Notes (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Franzinni: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Offpoint1:
Nigeria was not designed to work.

Nigerians will actually celebrate this because the system has programmed them to be all about "WHAT I AM EATING"... they can't see beyond the crumbs they'll eat today.
God bless you for speaking truths... Nigerians are very selfish and that is the reason why they are very gullible... Everyone is after I better pass my neighbor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by magzey: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
DennisEche:
Buhari can't even get anything right. Why then the surfering when we are going back to level zero
Thank God the CBN boss na IPOB grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by reddingtonblack: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
NAIRA re-designer fraud! grin
After spending trillions to make new Naira notes? grin

Buhari and APC.

It is now Buhari and APC, not Emiefele, are we suppose to pretend Obedient and Peter Obi were huge fan of the currency redesign

You forgot it was Tinubu that 1st spoke against the policy and it was APC that drag FG to court, whereas Obedient were celebrating, as for Obi supporters there crying just started tew

7 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by pocom35: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Emefiele is a fool

3 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by caracas: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
puremaker7:
Sai Jagaban
Wetin do jagaban?
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Spanki(f): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
GOFRONT:
.........That still will not stop Obi and Obidients from reclaiming their stolen Mandate.....

We cant endure another 8yrs of rulership of a Cloned Tinubu.

Stop taking drugs, it is not good for your brain! What should Atiku be saying if you saying this nonsense? Try again next time. It is over now!

6 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by NorthernSerene(m): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
GOFRONT:
.........That still will not stop Obi and Obidients from reclaiming their stolen Mandate.....

Make una act fast oo time is important.
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by sparko1(m): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Offpoint1:
Nigeria was not designed to work.

Nigerians will actually celebrate this because the system has programmed them to be all about "WHAT I AM EATING"... they can't see beyond the crumbs they'll eat today.

By crumbs you mean my money in the bank

You stupidity is so elegant, you need to reserve some for your future generations.

The fact that you are unhappy with this makes you everything Nigeria should fight against.

If the new currency was available is a different thing, how do you expect people to survive, you expect them to suffer until they declare Obi in court, if half of the people dies, collateral damage right?

Nigerians should be warry of people like you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by KanwuliaExtra: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
reddingtonblack:

It is now Buhari and APC, not Emiefele, are we suppose to pretend Obedient and Peter Obi were huge fan of the currency redesign

You forgot it was Tinubu that 1st spoke against the policy and it was APC that drag FG to court, whereas Obedient were celebrating, as for Obi supporters there crying just started tew

Who born EMEFIELE to go against BUHARI? cheesy
APC is not so smart. . . .We know the games being played. You want to make it look like the fake APC governors have rescued Nigerians?
After making them submit all their old Naira notes WHILE APC KEPT THEIRS?
From the fake budgets for the fake redesigning, to the foul cries of the APC government WITHIN THEMSELVES, to the blaming of the opposition. . . .WE KNOW ALL!
All other CBN governors that truly went against the government that appointed them were all chased out of office.

SO, WHO IS PROTECTING EMEFIELE? PDAPCLPNP?cheesy
You are a 'learner'. A very lazy learner.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Nigeriayouthmov: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Reelmii:
Pos operators will not like this

Should I show u a video of a woman bragging on how she sells money to POS operators after her daily sales? The said woman was excited she sold 10k for 1500 but did not knkw the money will be resold to other Nigerians at higher price.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by illuminutty: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
I will not accept it.
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by ismodiwa(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
GOFRONT:

Na una sabi

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by DennisEche(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
magzey:

Thank God the CBN boss na IPOB grin grin
So the CBN boss is the one controlling Buhari? You be correct dullard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by casualobserver: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
i thought CBN claimed they have burnt the old notes

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by stephen109(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Olachase:
oga shift make we see road first undecided undecided
They just Dey use the guy cruise here and there
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by yom2(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tobijays:
if Emefiele had become the APC Candidate would he have pitched that idea to buhari? Obviously no
OK u are suggesting that d APC is the real money dubblers Abi?
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by sofeo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Are you sure, as they are still scarce.

Check my signature anyways
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by MrBONE2(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
puremaker7:
Sai Jagaban
grin

2 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by BloomingDale(f): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
ahnie:
The rejected stone has now became the cornerstone .

This country is a joke.

I m not gonna accept it.

Beautiful calves. This is what Oyinbo women go to the gym to kill themselves for. I tried developing mine like that, no show.
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by shunlet210: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
DennisEche:
Buhari can't even get anything right. Why then the surfering when we are going back to level zero

Ask your supreme court that ordered Nigerian to continue spending old naira till December, left to Buhari, he wasn't ready to go back but if he disobey supreme court now, some people will still wail.
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Olubucorla(f): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
bluefilm:
POS operators will not like this news at all.
Why won't they like it? There was much gain in the business before compared to now that you go through alot of stress to get cash.

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by gawu1: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
GOFRONT:

That is to say you choose to live a subconscious life for the next 8yrs just the way some pigs in one erosion ravage kingdoms have being living subhuman life since Buhari ascension to power.
Only hope you will maintain the status quo by not allowing your own deject to anything more than cannibalism.

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by luluosas(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Which banks? They don't have names?
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Josephkabila12: 4:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
GTBank at Iju, Lagos State have started paying old 1000 notes

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by reddingtonblack: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Who born EMEFIELE to go against BUHARI? cheesy
APC is not so smart. . . .We know the games being played. You wantto make it look like the fake APC governors have rescued Nigerians?
After making them submit all their old Naira notes WHILE APC KEPT THEIRS?
From the fake budgets for the fake redesigning, to the fowl cries of the APC government, to the blaming of the opposition. . . .WE KNOW ALL!
All other CBN governors that truly went against the government that appointed them were all chased out of office.

SO, WHO IS PROTECTING EMEFIELE? PDAPCLPNP?cheesy
You are a 'learner'. A very lazy learner.

Just wow !! suddenly Obedient have turn around, so what happen to[i] "It will stop Tinubu from buying vote"[/i] Obedient made it vote buying so much about Tinubu such that ATikU was feeling like a saint now things boomerang the clowns are back online to blame APC 🤣
Buhari protected Emefiele while Obedient/OBI defended Emefeile up till the day of the election. Just like Obedient told Nigeria dey won't join us in the naira protest we are also saying whoever want to die becos of Peter Obi ambition we don't care. Since Obedient see life from Vendetta & Revenge aspect we also want to join the game tongue

2 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Pipefitter: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
If this is true that means Buhari just wan show us small shege before leaving

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Kukutenla: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
helinues:
grin

Nigerians are just un serious about the naira redesign. I was just laughing with the back and forth arguments about it when it's something that will inflict hardship on Nigerians.

The policy is good but the implementations was just so poor. Naira redesign wasn't part of Apc manifesto, the idea came late just to show Buhari fight corruption which caught Apc governors on aware.

It wasn't a deliberate attempt to work against Tinubu. Emefiele assured Buhari that the policy will work. More than half of the new naira notes first released was obtained by the politicians irrespective of political party, Emefiele should have extended the stipulated time as the implementations failed.

Emefiele might have good intentions about the policy but the implementations should have been reviewed earlier.

Emefiele should have admitted to Buhari that the implementations failed but was instead trying to save face

What is this one saying?
Is CBN Act part of APC manifesto for naira redesign to be part of their manifesto

The upcoming census nko? Is it part of APCheat manifesto
Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Epistasis(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Same policy Obi supported....I hate obi with passion!!!

4 Likes

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by bayelsaowei(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
DennisEche:
he can't...can't get anything done..

Wasted 8 years..

1 Like

Re: Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes by Doyenro23(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
fake news lol naira land shaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki / Tinubu Summits Masari's Name As Running Mate - Daily Post / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.