Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) (159 Views)

Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? / Nigeria Customs Service Past Questions And Answers (practice Online Here) / Practice Nigerian Army DSSC Past Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) by Lightangel65: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2023
I just met a lady who had undergone FGM. She barely has any libido, has serious pains during menses and faces stigma.
Why do people still practice such a babaric act. It's supposed to be punishable by death penality.

I also heard it is prevalent in core Igbo and Yoruba lands. How can people be this wicked despite getting education.

Cc Lalasticlala.
Mods please FP let people know the dangers of female genital mutilation

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) by Hhansome(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2023
It is not bad unless you patronize quacks. I consider it a wickedness of the highest order if you fail not to do it to your girl child unless you have generously decided to breed another dog for the streets just like in the Edos, Deltas, Akwa Iboms, in short all the south-south states of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2023
Lightangel65:
I just met a lady who had undergone FGM. She barely has any libido, has serious pains during menses and faces stigma.
Why do people still practice such a babaric act. It's supposed to be punishable by death penality.

I also heard it is prevalent in core Igbo and Yoruba lands. How can people be this wicked despite getting education.

Cc Lalasticlala.
Mods please FP let people know the dangers of female genital mutilation
It's an rmevil act
Re: Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) by Lightangel65: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hhansome:
It is not bad unless you patronize quacks. I consider it a wickedness of the highest order if you fail not to do it to your girl child unless you have generously decided to breed another dog for the streets just like in the Edos, Deltas, Akwa Iboms, in short all the south-south states of Nigeria.

How can you even be saying this, it's a devilish act. It deprives the lady of experiencing sexual pleasure, affects during child birth and causes menstruation issues.
It's should be the choice of the girl child when she is old enough.
God forbid you ever give birth to a daughter, no girl deserves a monster like you
Re: Why Do People Still Practice Female Circumscision (FGM) by hashtagged(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Do people still practice this in Nigeria, I thought it died out

(1) (Reply)

Road Has Open For You Single Men,kemi Afolabi Looking For You / The Magic Of Josh Garza: Captivating Audiences Worldwide / A Better Edo Is Possible..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.