Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team (39040 Views)

Rabiu, BUA Chairman Rejects Appointment As APC Releases Standing Committee List / Festus Keyamo: As A Minister, I Can't Be On Tinubu's Legal Team / Omenuwoma Josiah Rejects Appointment From Governor Okowa, Supports Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by dre11(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2023
“In the circumstance and for personal reasons, I hereby decline the said appointment.”

AYOOLA BABALOLA

Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) Pius Akubo has rejected the appointment to be part of President-elect Bola Tinubu’s legal team expected to defend his controversial win in the February 25 presidential election.

Mr Akubo said he was unaware of the appointment, and there had been no official communication between himself and Mr Tinubu’s camp.

In the last twenty-four (24) hours or so, the social media space has been agog with a trending unsigned letter in respect of appointment of Presidential Election Petition Legal Team by All Progressives Congress (APC) wherein my name is listed as number 10,” said the senior lawyer in a statement.

Mr Akubo added, “With all due respect, I wish to state that I had no prior knowledge of the said appointment. As a matter of fact, I have not received any official communication on the subject matter hitherto. Suffice it to say that I was taken by surprise to hear of the said appointment vide social media.”

Mr Akubo pointed out that he could not defend the former Lagos governor for personal reasons even if such contemplations were being made.

In the circumstance and for personal reasons, I hereby decline the said appointment,” he added.

The Peoples Democratic Party and Labour Party are seeking to contest Mr Tinubu’s victory.

With the PDP and Labour claiming victory in the election, the country is set to witness a consequential legal dispute that could last for several months.

https://gazettengr.com/senior-nigerian-lawyer-pius-akubo-rejects-appointment-to-tinubus-legal-team/

134 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Ballmer: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2023
I will believe this news once I see it in vanguard punch premium time n not this ipob propaganda news outlet

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Strangebuttrue(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Lawyer with conscience

412 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 09, 2023
He wants cash and Asiwaju do not throw cash around in any form. He should go meet whoever is ready to bribe him.

368 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Racoon(m): 11:34am On Mar 09, 2023
Another set of agbadorian lawyers being mobilised with bullion vans gavvy train.Every sane and conscience striken humanity are avoiding the druggie and all he represents.

No sane person with an unseared or clear conscience will volunteered to defend all the criminality INEC mumbled up and wants to foist on a nation given the brazen falsification and manipulations of electoral figures two days after 25th February 2023.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by ImperialYoruba: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2023
Tinubu's legal team had been selected and held meetings before the election took place. Anyone just coming out that they were selected or contacted by Tinubu or his team is clout chasing.

340 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Totilopussylick(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2023
You can't see a reasonable person in Tinubu legal team except people like MC olumo tongue
ImperialYoruba:
Tinubu's legal team had been selected and held meetings before the election took place. Anyone just coming out that they were selected or contacted by Tinubu or his team is clout chasing.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Millimann: 11:45am On Mar 09, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

You sound ignorant and daft?

He is No. 10 on their list. They already chose him but he doesn't want to engage in what will tarnish his career image.

273 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by God1000(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2023
Good, he's a man of integrity

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Massiveglory: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Don't be stupid bro.
Read before you display stupidity publicly.
ImperialYoruba:

In the last twenty-four (24) hours or so, the social media space has been agog with a trending unsigned letter in respect of appointment of Presidential Election Petition Legal Team by All Progressives Congress (APC) wherein my name is listed as number 10,” said the senior lawyer in a statement.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by magoo10(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2023
There is dignity in labour.

They are rejecting the thief and his stolen mandate.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Philgafauto: 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nice one, my Lord spiritual and temporal, Pius Akubo SAN.

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by the word of God in accordance with the dictates of his conscience.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Jollyjustcome: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
wink
dre11:

“In the circumstance and for personal reasons, I hereby decline the said appointment.”

https://gazettengr.com/senior-nigerian-lawyer-pius-akubo-rejects-appointment-to-tinubus-legal-team/

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Jollyjustcome: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
Correct man

10 Likes

undecided
Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Batman01: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by sukkot: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by FactBoyz: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by PrinceOfLagos: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Everyone knew that Tinubu rigged this election through INEC chairman Mahmoud

Tinubu is a thief

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by ventotafrank: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nic3 one
Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by tommykiwi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Agbado and Urchins what are your say on this matter?

Because my guy no say Tilumbu no fit win the case, so make him no chop money to pay back later.

4 Likes

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Who cares ? He’s not important

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by mach7(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
The headline is misleading.

Pius Akubo SAN was appointed into APC's Legal Team and NOT Tinubu's Legal Team.

Pius Akubo SAN is free to withdraw his nomination as a member of APC's Legal Team, but the excuse that he wasn't contacted is quite strange. However, he is entitled to his reasons.

For your kind information, to the misguided ones, Tinubu's Legal Team is led by Wole Olanipekun SAN and Pius Akubo is NOT a member of that team.

The Petition filed with regards to the Presidential elections was against the following persons/entities:

1. INEC
2. APC
3. Tinubu

Each of the above persons are required to present their own lawyers independent of each other.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by MartinsD12(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
dre11:

No right thinking human being will defend a crook

4 Likes

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by BurialGround: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by bestman09(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Men of integrity are still in this country, sound lawyers of proven moral behavior and good conscience, who can't be bought with ill-gotten wealth and power

7 Likes

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by datola: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Is he Wole Olanipekun or Lateef Fagbemi?

He should go and sit down.

361 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team by Brendaniel: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Why does Tinubu like imposition?

He likes using force on people, what kind of desperate human being are Nigerians dealing with so?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sets New Conditions To Free 83 More Chibok Girls / Aisha Buhari Spotted Campaigning For Her Husband In Daura / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.