Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident (53704 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused — Survivor / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident / Passengers Going To Warri From Lagos Found Themselves In Ibadan, Driver Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by martineverest(m): 7:28am On Mar 10, 2023
BurialGround:
How was he employed?

by connection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by HardMirror(m): 7:28am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:
Nigerian Railway Association should not exonerate themselves over what happened... They got 48% of the blame in my opinion...
What safety measures did they put in place to make sure that citizens were safe on the road?

Was there a barrier or barricade in place that prevents motorists from crossing at every rail line intersections?
Was there an Alarm bell in place that warns pedestrians at railway intersections whenever a train is approaching the intersection?.. (incase they have earphones on)🔔🚨

It is really easy to point fingers but they failed in their own part to secure the lives of those motorists as well that lost their lives.. assuming there was a barrier that is automatically or manually operated, that driver wouldn't have attempted to cross 🚧🚷
i understand you and i agree more could be done. I live in ikeja and know this spot very well. The train always blasts a very loud horn when coming and it is usually very very slow. It slows down once it gets to the city. It is so slow that people sell market right on the tracks because they know it cannot hit them. Once it is coming they move away from the tracks. That driver is a mad man he is 100% responsible for their death. How can he cross a rail track without checking if a train is coming.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by remele2(f): 7:28am On Mar 10, 2023
Lipscomb:
All this brt drivers weren't trained always driving recklessly not even consider that they are driving long vehicle.

When you take danfo driver, give am BRT,,,,no be promotion you give am..

When you sell Dog bcus e dey give you problem ,come decide to buy Monkey, na double wahala u go get na ....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Tonytonex(m): 7:30am On Mar 10, 2023
adecz:

😐😐😐😐😐
This is what you get when people
carry dem personal and domestic
problems put for head come workplace❗️❗️
exactly. Most don't have EQ.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Sleekfingers: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2023
theophorus:
Was the Driver Drunk_Driving?
Was He overwhelmed by Nigeria and personal problems?
Was He driving with Earpiece?
Was the driver stable emotionally?
Did He think He was driving a Car?
Did He forgot that it was a long bus He was driving?
Was... Cause I cannot really understand why the Driver fall victim of this.

May we never be unfortunately ooo.

Did you read the post at all ? Cuz, you if did , you won't ask these questions...
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by success2me(f): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:
Nigerian Railway Association should not exonerate themselves over what happened... They got 48% of the blame in my opinion...
What safety measures did they put in place to make sure that citizens were safe on the road?

Was there a barrier or barricade in place that prevents motorists from crossing at every rail line intersections?
Was there an Alarm bell in place that warns pedestrians at railway intersections whenever a train is approaching the intersection?.. (incase they have earphones on)🔔🚨

It is really easy to point fingers but they failed in their own part to secure the lives of those motorists as well that lost their lives.. assuming there was a barrier that is automatically or manually operated, that driver wouldn't have attempted to cross 🚧🚷

Was the driver a baby?😡
He should rot in jail, imagine the lives lost cos of his stupidity
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Thepotterman: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

But now that we do not have this measure yet, provided that most of this train started operations like 3-4years ago. But somethings don't need measures, it need common sense, and to be frank, the driver has none, and he should be blame 100%. Do someone need to tell him that he need to stop when he see an incoming train? No, even 200m away he would have been feeling the rumbling and sound of the train, and the one that happened yesterday, it's not even a corner, that means he saw the train ahead of him but he chose to pass, that's big Time stupidity and lack of sense....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Sleekfingers: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
i understand you and i agree more could be done. I like in ikeja and know this spot very well. The train always blasts a very loud horn when coming and it is usually very very slow. It slows down once it gets to the city. It is so slow that people sell market right on the tracks because they know it cannot hit them. Once it is coming they move away from the tracks. That driver is a mad man he is 100% responsible for their death. How can he cross a rail track without checking if a train is coming.

He knew the train was coming. But chose to drive through. ...thinking the train isn't close enough.......

Typical Nigerian and hurry hurry mentality
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by chatinent: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2023
Most long-vehicle drivers are usually this reluctant, and careless on the road. They always assume that you, another driver or pedestrian, will understand and allow them pass.

Behaving more like a vehicle bully.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by LaIabobo: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Tonnierichy:

I agree with the barrier usage, but spending so much time blaming the NRC is appalling. What made the stupid driver accelerate? How many minutes of patience would have prevented this?

Preventive measures is the core of safety. We shouldn’t just assume that everyone is going to be alright or sane to act proper. Lots of Nigerians are frustrated, usually lost in thoughts, irrational and suicidal.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Richy4(m): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2023
alobright17:
the other drivers that stopped for the train to pass what signs did they see!?

No be on this same Nigeria that drivers jumps red lights with careless abandoned but the same driver won't try that when in another country, here driving one way is common. Even with measures people tend to offend rules and regulations in Nigeria.
People jump red lights everywhere around the world.. it's not really new...
In three days time, you will see a ticket waiting for you at your mailbox with clear pictures of your plate number, time of offence and a bit of the driver's face.. if you can proof that you were not the one driving at that point, u meet them in court...

I can't believe you were asking the sign that others saw before they stopped though.. u think everyone thinks the same?
Ok to answer your question, To make every one act the same, u put some barrier or an obstruction to make everyone comply in situations like that..
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Tonytonex(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2023
HardMirror:
i understand you and i agree more could be done. I like in ikeja and know this spot very well. The train always blasts a very loud horn when coming and it is usually very very slow. It slows down once it gets to the city. It is so slow that people sell market right on the tracks because they know it cannot hit them. Once it is coming they move away from the tracks. That driver is a mad man he is 100% responsible for their death. How can he cross a rail track without checking if a train is coming.
I see, Cause if it was on speed, it could have been worst. The bus would have scattered.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Biodun556(m): 7:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Lipscomb:
All this brt drivers weren't trained always driving recklessly not even consider that they are driving long vehicle.

They are trained. The confidence of driving govt bus is driving them crazy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by sirdick17: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2023
Holyfic:
Why Dem nor de get traffic 🚦 for the crossings undecided

Do we obey traffic in lagos?
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Richy4(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2023
emiika:

i’m not sure you live in Lagos State or any states in Nigeria that used train as one of the means of transportation cos if you do you won’t type all these...
What's your point really? That health and safety is not good for Nigerians just like any other part of the world?
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Tonytonex(m): 7:44am On Mar 10, 2023
putin2:
They arrest him that's how the staff bus drivers in Lagos behave .
[color=#550000][/color]he should jailed for life.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by spinna: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2023
J said it before when that woman died in the north.. NRC should be held liable for not providing railway crossing barriers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2023
LaIabobo:
The arrest is a way to start.

However, the NRC is also to be blamed.
Why are there no barriers on our level crossings?? In those days, these barriers used to be available on major railway crossings and they have staff dropping them when a train is approaching.

Nowadays, you’ll see railway staff holding flags to stop traffic. This country keeps going backwards.

Something similar happened in Abuja last year. A simple barrier like this would have saved lives. Yet we wonder why the life expectancy in nigeria is very low

My dear (whether you’re male or female), it’s indiscipline. If those barriers are introduced in Nigeria, you’d still see vehicles trapped within the barriers.

I’m this country people always think they’re smarter than others, you’ll even hear passengers urging drivers on; Driver don’t dull cross before than the train, no waste our time, we don late.

We all know how traffic lights work but you’ll constantly see vehicles beating ‘stale’ red lights.

Should barriers be introduced on our roads too? Even when you have traffic wardens controlling vehicular movement, you’ll still see some motorists ignoring them.

It’s a discipline problem

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by uuzba(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2023
Lipscomb:
The people driving those buses are untrainable.
But you who can be trained will cannot do the work because the payment is too small.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by McLizbae: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2023
"He refused to stop and honor the alert of an approaching train" nawa o! Animals everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Karemarealty288(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Those Brt drivers always believe they are the authority and have all the powers to intimidate, harass and drive recklessly on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by emiika: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

What's your point really? That health and safety is not good for Nigerians just like any other part of the world?

my point is this, just blame the driver for his impatience, all you mentioned above are already in order for a train to pass through a busy city like lagos, even the deaf can hear the blaring of horn also there are barricades on the railway, that was i asked if you live in Lagos or any other states that uses train as a means of transportation
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by mozona(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2023
lets see the face of the murderer.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by HardMirror(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2023
Tonytonex:
I see, Cause if it was on speed, it could have been worst. The bus would have scattered.
yeah. Anyone that knows this area knows that there is a market right on the track. I always wondered why the government did not drive the sellers away. This is totally the drivers fault. That place is very busy so there is no way he was the only one there, other drivers stopped but he continued. As a driver, you dont cross a railway track without looking left and right. Even in developed countries their are tracks without a barrier

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Kingcalls: 7:54am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

Guy...Nigeria no be texas... I blame the BRT driver 100% ... do they have to put a barricade b4 he obeys?? Dint other drivers obey?? We know the country we live in and we must have to protect ourselves by all cost...ordinary election to elect good leaders as flawed, the courts are flawed, the security officers are all flawed... the system is flawed...to survive , u need to protect urselkf in this country... there are lots of bad roads that lead to accidents, we now the government have failed us , but that don't mean we sud drive as we wish cos we expect the government to ensure good roads ... this country na sense and wisdom them de take follow am ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Kogi University Graduate Burnt To Death 2 Weeks Before Her NYSC (Graphic) / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.