Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident (53702 Views)

Lagos Train/Bus Crash: We Begged Driver To Wait But He Refused β€” Survivor / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident / Passengers Going To Warri From Lagos Found Themselves In Ibadan, Driver Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by BabaO2: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
All the BRT drivers are irresponsible, they drive the buses like danfo buses. No slowing down at intersections, even at long strech bustops that you have many people crossing, they scratch people's cars intentionally in the traffic. They regarded themselves as the law that must be respected.

RIP to the lost ones.
Passengers should not be comfortable with recklessness of these irresponsible drivers, including keke napep and danfo. We as passengers in unison should always scold them and prevent them driving us recklessly. Many atimes, passengers say nothing to these irresponsible drivers because they want to gain time in the traffic. It is better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by lolu2019: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
But,it is a foolish thing for vehicles to be passing rail track.honestly,the safety officials in Lagos are useless.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
HarunaWest:
lol. First of all, where is the light to control the railways crossing barrier? Even there was a solar option, they will steal the inverter and battery. You dey talk as if you are not in Nigeria. Ordinary manholes cover in Asokoro, they are stealing everyday. You put street light, them steal am, you do train tracks, them steal the tracks. If you know the losses NRC is incurring, you will weep for Naija. This blame should totally go to the bus driver. I am sure he is used to this route, na stubborn head or hurry dey cause some of this nonsense.
they should also be responsible for the security of their investment.

Hire private security to watch your investment.

You think there are no thieves in order countries too?

That's why am everything needs to be privatized in the country.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by caprini1: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:
Nigerian Railway Association should not exonerate themselves over what happened... They got 48% of the blame in my opinion...
What safety measures did they put in place to make sure that citizens were safe on the road?

Was there a barrier or barricade in place that prevents motorists from crossing at every rail line intersections?
Was there an Alarm bell in place that warns pedestrians at railway intersections whenever a train is approaching the intersection?.. (incase they have earphones on)πŸ””πŸš¨

It is really easy to point fingers but they failed in their own part to secure the lives of those motorists as well that lost their lives.. assuming there was a barrier that is automatically or manually operated, that driver wouldn't have attempted to cross 🚧🚷
Blame the federal and state governments.,without electricity the barriers and alarms won't work.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by LookinguntoGod: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2023
The negligence of the dumb and deaf driver caused the untimely deaths and everlasting scars and injuries on the bodies of innocent staff of LASG. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Ifyz0001: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2023
Emi lo kan is affecting most people in Lagos, forcefully taking positions that is not theirs.

Sometimes, this is what it results, hopefully also to the inventer of the current slogan (emi lo kan).

Amen .

May the departed souls rest in peace, Amen

TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1440423/lagos-staff-bus-driver-arrested-causing-lagos-train-bus-accident/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by LKTJ123(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Arbiter9(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:
Nigerian Railway Association should not exonerate themselves over what happened... They got 48% of the blame in my opinion...
What safety measures did they put in place to make sure that citizens were safe on the road?

Was there a barrier or barricade in place that prevents motorists from crossing at every rail line intersections?
Was there an Alarm bell in place that warns pedestrians at railway intersections whenever a train is approaching the intersection?.. (incase they have earphones on)πŸ””πŸš¨

It is really easy to point fingers but they failed in their own part to secure the lives of those motorists as well that lost their lives.. assuming there was a barrier that is automatically or manually operated, that driver wouldn't have attempted to cross 🚧🚷
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by theophorus(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Did you read the post at all ? Cuz, you if did , you won't ask these questions...

Please, quote the part of the post that provide answer to any of my questions.

Thanks in Advance.

But if you cannot provide it, you may have to do more Thinking.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Kokoboss: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Lipscomb:
All this brt drivers weren't trained always driving recklessly not even consider that they are driving long vehicle.
that's the point bro. Long vehicle o. And the mumu still wan risk am pass before the train. Something wey even small car no suppose try. Lagos sha.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by dontrulee: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Baba think say na car e dey drive.
Just patience of maybe 3 minutes would have prevented this. Perhaps the staff in the bus were in a hurry to get to work (as they're always in a hurry) and that edged the driver on to make a mistake in his judgement. Perhaps this was not his first time of trying such and he was overconfident in his abilities, perhaps the bus mysteriously stopped halfway through the railway crossing just seconds before the impact, but who will believe the driver now?

May we not hurry into our death.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by litaninja(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Yes, the driver played a part, but DOES THE RAILWAY CROSSING HAVE THE APPROPRIATE GATES/BARRIERS??
See pic

jchioma:
The freak decision of the foolish driver caused unimaginable lose of innocent lives. I cannot begin to imagine what the families are going through now.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by secpowell: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2023
The BRT drivers are pay below.
Imagine paying a BRT driver, 55k to 60k monthly.
The Lagos state govt recruit it drivers by a third party agent.
These drivers aren't trained, they employ you, if you agreed to accept above salary listed, without going through a proper background check.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Tonytonex(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2023
emiika:

what point?
do you read the part where it was said other vehicles stopped, why did they stopped if there was no sign, the loud blaring horn, the barricade, the driver should be checked properly, the problem with lagos government is that they employed their staffs based on β€œwho you know” in government
The driver is at fault. Get my point. The other guy has a point. You also have a point.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Fearyourcreator: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

It shows you don't know the place ... I personally I hate walking on the track... There is barricade there sef... Except for the place where road for vehicle cross the railway... Its also around Ikeja along too... Train horns are crazily irritating ... You will always hear ... Other vehicles were waiting but bus decided to move... What's the fault of railway there...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Richy4(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2023
emiika:

what point?
do you read the part where it was said other vehicles stopped, why did they stopped if there was no sign, the loud blaring horn, the barricade, the driver should be checked properly, the problem with lagos government is that they employed their staffs based on β€œwho you know” in government
Based on your summary, You are implying that The Nigerian railway Association does not owe the citizens the duty of care whatsoever because..
<<1 they can see that it was a train..
<<2 the Horn can showcase that...
Therefore no need for signs and Barricade is that correct? smiley
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by MMempire(m): 8:45am On Mar 10, 2023
LaIabobo:
The arrest is a way to start.

However, the NRC is also to be blamed.
Why are there no barriers on our level crossings?? In those days, these barriers used to be available on major railway crossings and they have staff dropping them when a train is approaching.

Nowadays, you’ll see railway staff holding flags to stop traffic. This country keeps going backwards.

Something similar happened in Abuja last year. A simple barrier like this would have saved lives. Yet we wonder why the life expectancy in nigeria is very low
Aboki wey dey do iron condemn don steal the whole irons finish.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Dchampion65: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

Many thanks
Contributory negligence

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Richy4(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It shows you don't know the place ... I personally I hate walking on the track... There is barricade there sef... Except for the place where road for vehicle cross the railway... Its also around Ikeja along too... Train horns are crazily irritating ... You will always hear ... Other vehicles were waiting but bus decided to move... What's the fault of railway there...

A manually operated or automatic barricade would have prevented the bus from moving hence savings the lives of innocent people that didn't ask the driver to move...
The barricade would have been the one that would have spoken on behalf of the passengers who were not in control of the wheel by preventing the driver from moving.. That's why the railway association shared the blame
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Fearyourcreator: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

A manually operated or automatica barricade would have prevented the bus from moving hence savings the lives of innocent people that didn't ask the driver to move...
The barricade would have been the one that would have spoken on behalf of the passengers who were not in control of the wheel... That's why they were to be blamed
Some had it and PWD should have too ... The driver is just crazy and am very sure the passengers would have warned him... That particular place should have that barricade ... The driver just wan do strong head
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2023
There ought to be a barrier and barricade before the track, as is done in sane countries, the railway company and state government are to blame for not putting enough safety measure which could have prevented these deaths.

But like I said, most of the passengers voted for LP.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by emiika: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

Based on your summary, You are implying that The Nigerian railway Association does not owe the citizens the duty of care whatsoever because..
<<1 they can see that it was a train..
<<2 the Horn can showcase that...
Therefore no need for signs and Barricade is that correct? smiley

there is always a barricade, reason i asked the other guy if he stays in Lagos or have seen where vehicles stopped for moving train, it’s what i know, i ply apapa/agege almost everyday with train so i know what i am saying
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by robinso01(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2023
sharone21:

Thank you my dear ...

The driver is a mad man

Traders, pedestrians not to talk of big and slow bus, all these people plus driver must be alert and move fast.... The driver would have stopped....

We are not law abiding in any form.... Even inside Nigerian yard where neighbors have their own balconies, u go still see one heady neighbor carry chair come sitdon for your balcony dey make noise with guys leaving his own, meaning he is paying rent for one but enjoying almost 2 flats.

Typical Nigerians for you πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by robinso01(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Ogegod87:

H.E. Peter Obi actually said the accident was avoidable and a lot of people on here, NL insulted him, some others said accidents happens.

Fact is, some accidents are AVOIDABLE, full stop. If the BRT driver had been patient like other drivers, the accident would have been averted. So PO was right.
Quick recovery to the survivors and RIP to those who met their untimely death because of an impatient driver.

Average Nigerian is impatient.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by akanke79: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
sad

Is the politician the one saying Lagos is a no mans land .No be nyanmrins dey talk am since 1950's.The new generation of Yorubas are alive to their duties to cure nyanmrin madness if they do anyhow,they will see anyhow.
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by woleabayo(f): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2023
good for him....
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Cowbell521: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Nukilia:
The BRT driver might be having mental problem or he is a frustrated soul. The details of the driver should be released and investigation should be carried out about him.
If they release his details, he might not survive a day. Cuz many wish his dead now. U killed people cuz of ur stupidity

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Josephkabila12: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2023
This is why it's good whenever you violate safety rules, you face the severe consequences of your action
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Richy4(m): 9:08am On Mar 10, 2023
success2me:

Was the driver a baby?😑
He should rot in jail, imagine the lives lost cos of his stupidity
A Simple barricade would have spoken on behalf of those innocent lives that was lost by preventing the driver from crossing... It would have been a control measure over the driver's movement at that point... since the citizens were not in control of the wheel, the barricades helps to prevent bad decisions..

That is why I am still insisting that the railway Association owe those citizens the duty of care...
Neglecting to put those things in place makes them culpable as well..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by hotspec(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2023
Richy4:

Pls read the news again. It's there that all other vehicles stopped, only for this stubborn driver to kept moving thinking he could beat the train. There's no level cross without safety measures... How u arrived at ur 48% still amuses me
Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by AndroidAI(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
SmartPolician:
He wanted to display exceptional driving dexterity. That's why I say many Lagosians are mad but they don't know.

I hail those Caucasians who left their sane countries to live in Nigeria. No matter the highbrow part of this country you live in, you cannot totally escape Nigeria's and Nigerians' innate madness.

About 90% of Lagos drivers are mad.

I have been driving in Lagos for some months now and I know what I'm saying.

I can not wait to leave.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident by Mpeka(m): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2023
There is a difference when a train is on the rail track and when the track is free. When a train is using the railway track[b], there is a powerful magnetic force on the rail[/b][i][/i]. It is this magnetic force that stabilizes the train on the track. So, any vehicle that crosses the track when the train is approaching will stop; the magnetic force will shutdown the engine of the vehicle and makes it to stop. There is no how the vehicle can rush over the track. On the other hand, when there is no train on the track, there is no magnetic force, vehicles can cross the track without any issue.
However, if anyone doubt this, the person can go and experiment it with his own car when a train is approaching a track, the come back and testify to this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi University Graduate Burnt To Death 2 Weeks Before Her NYSC (Graphic) / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) / Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.