Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment (4285 Views)

Amina Zakari: HURIWA Gives INEC 48 Hours To Rescind New Appointment / 2019: Akpabio Gets New Appointment From Buhari / Reno Omokri Reacts As Buhari Gives Aisha New Appointment In The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2023

JUST IN: After Rejecting House Of Reps Certificate Of Return, Gbajabiamila Get New Appointment

After Rejecting House Of Reps Certificate Of Return, Gbajabiamila Get New Appointment

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila is a leading candidate for the post of chief of staff to president-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in the next administration.
Gbajabiamila was conspicuously missing at the International Conference Centre (ICC), Abuja, on Wednesday when the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) presented certificates of return to elected members of the 10th House of Representatives.

Gbajabiamila was re-elected to represent Surulere 1 federal constituency, Lagos, for the 6th Consecutive tenure during the February 25 presidential and National Assembly elections. He polled 19,717 votes to defeat his closest opponent, Bosun Jeje, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) who scored 5,121 votes.

However, gathered that the speaker may eventually not represent his constituency in the 10th Assembly as he is likely to be considered for the position of chief of staff to the president-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in the new government.

A source familiar with Gbajabiamila confirmed that the speaker, being one of Tinubu’s core loyalists and having worked with politicians from every federal constituency in Nigeria in the last 20 years, is more likely to be considered for the plum job.

When asked if Gbajabiamila will abandon his fresh mandate to pursue the chief-of-staff job in Tinubu’s government, the source said, “That is what we are hearing. If you notice, he didn’t come for his certificate of return on Wednesday. The truth is he doesn’t need that certificate; he has everything to function optimally as chief-of-staff to the president in the new government. He has worked with politicians in every federal constituency and across political divides in the last 20 years.”

When contacted, the special adviser to the speaker on media and publicity, Mr Lanre Lasisi, said his principal was not able to attend the presentation of the certificate ceremony. He, however, declined further comments on the matter.

“He was just not able to be in Abuja for the ceremony,” Lasisi said.

Gbajabiamila was first elected to the House of Representatives in 2003. Since then, he has won elections in the subsequent five election cycles. During his 20-year journey in the House of Representatives so far, Gbajabiamila served as minority whip, minority leader, and majority leader before he was elected as Speaker in 2019.

https://ibomfocus.com/gbajabiamila-get-new-appointment/

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Insinuations are that Femi ignored his elective position for a promised COS position. But my question is, what if Tinubu is removed, what becomes of his position as a lawmaker?

Few days ago, I hailed Shekarau for rejecting his elective position to senate, even when he has been declared winner and some people said it's because he knows he may be removed eventually. I challenged them to point out any politician in Nigeria who ever did such.

Now, to drive home my talk, look at Chimaraoke Nnamani. PDP has written to INEC to withdraw him (which was Shekarau's situation). He has opportunity of not spending money on campagn and all but he is still campagning, and has been 'accused' of killing his former LP oponent. That is the typical greedy Nigerian politician. His mindset is, I will fight them in court, and meanwhile, I will remain a senator and be 'chopping'. That is how dark and ignoble our politicians are. That is what the new Nigeria wants to flush out.

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by helinues: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Put better curry before we can respond
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by God1000(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
I don't understand why anyone will leave such a powerful position for a mere chief of staff
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by Derrickfoster1: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
helinues:

Is that why you don't want to work?

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
helinues:
respond to what?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by helinues: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Derrickfoster1:

Sebi you are at work right?

Why are you here?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Derrickfoster1:

Lol. Seems you know him well.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by helinues: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:

respond to what?

Your curry and source not reliable enough. Put better one.

Your curry look like palm wine bar discussion
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by BurialGround: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2023
GbajiamaLIZARD, you had better accept your certificate. Tinubu will be chased out like a thief.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2023
helinues:

Your curry and source not reliable enough. Put better one.
Your curry look like palm wine bar discussion
Oh, I don't think I need your response.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by slimfit1(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
I don't understand why anyone will leave such a powerful position for a mere chief of staff

Because he will be an ordinary lawmaker

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by Hoelujohn: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
Which better position? He can't become speaker in the next assembly. He want to be close to the seat of power. Chief if staff is the soul of the president. Nobody can meet with the president without the permission of chief of staff

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by sukar886: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2023
Criminals
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by IVORY2009(m): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:
Insinuations are that Femi ignored his elective position for a promised COS position. But my question is, what if Tinubu is removed, what becomes of his position as a lawmaker?

Few days ago, I hailed Shekarau for rejecting his elective position to senate, even when he has been declared winner and some people said it's because he knows he may be removed eventually. I challenged them to point out any politician in Nigeria who ever did such.

Now, to drive home my talk, look at Chimaraoke Nnamani. PDP has written to INEC to withdraw him (which was Shekarau's situation). He has opportunity of not spending money on campagn and all but he is still campagning, and has been 'accused' of killing his former LP oponent. That is the typical greedy Nigerian politician. His mindset is, I will fight them in court, and meanwhile, I will remain a senator and be 'chopping'. That is how dark and ignoble our politicians are. That is what the new Nigeria wants to flush out.

Many of the so called politicians are after their pockets, like you rightly said, what if Tinubu is removed by the tribunal? He would be left jobless for a season, or go and bribe the judge just like wat the senate president did, when he lost the APC presidential Tickets, no election but he was given the ticket to run for Senate.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by mrvitalis(m): 9:37am On Mar 10, 2023
He didn't take it because it's was obvious he lost the election and they just wrote numbers to declare him winer ...he lost in the 6 wards he represents

He knows his Victory can't stand any court of law
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ChiefS(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2023
The position of the speaker may be zoned to another region since Tinubu is from the South West. Hence he's not likely to be the speaker.
God1000:

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by mrvitalis(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
Chief of staff is the second most powerful position after the presidency ...Infact you are the acting president
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 9:42am On Mar 10, 2023
IVORY2009:

Many of the so called politicians are after their pockets, like you rightly said, what if Tinubu is removed by the tribunal? He would be left jobless for a season, or go and bribe the judge just like wat the senate president did, when he lost the APC presidential Tickets, no election but he was given the ticket to run for Senate.
I am still thinking Lawal may face some lawsuit on that. Does not the electoral laws stipulate that you cannot contest two different elective positions the same season? He was in the presidential race, then senate. Nigeria has really gone to the cultists.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2023
slimfit1:

Because he will be an ordinary lawmaker
Hmn, you think that matters for Nigerian politicians? David Mark nko? They don't mind o, so long as they cling to power. They have no honor.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by IVORY2009(m): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:

I am still thinking Lawal may face some lawsuit on that. Does not the electoral laws stipulate that you cannot contest two different elective positions the same season? He was in the presidential race, then senate. Nigeria has really gone to the cultists.

Under the current APC govt, nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing would happen to Senator Lawal, the judiciary has been compromised.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2023
IVORY2009:

Under the current APC govt, nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing would happen to Senator Lawal, the judiciary has been compromised.
We really need a new Nigeria, even if the start is rough, we need some sort of revolution, and it's sparking off. Mark my words, if the revolution happens fully, then people like Lawan will be one of the scapegoats.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2023
Gbajamiala is agitated because the BVAs inspection by LP will reveal the actual fact about the presidential election.He didn't win the election.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by IVORY2009(m): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:

We really need a new Nigeria, even if the start is rough, we need some sort of revolution, and it's sparking off. Mark my words, if the revolution happens fully, then people like Lawan will be one of the scapegoats.

Am telling you bro
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by slimfit1(m): 10:35am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:

Hmn, you think that matters for Nigerian politicians? David Mark nko? They don't mind o, so long as they cling to power. They have no honor.

He has more influence as a chief of staff than an ordinary lawmaker.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by mytime24(f): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2023
How true is this cheesy

#11th hour cheesy

Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by Epistasis(m): 10:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Gbaja for COS. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu needs a man he can fully trust.
May Nigeria succeed!!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2023
slimfit1:

He has more influence as a chief of staff than an ordinary lawmaker.
Definitely. But if I were him, I would receive the certificate first. Then when I assume office as COS, I resign the other.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by ruffhandu: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2023
Revolution2022:
Gbajamiala is agitated because the BVAs inspection by LP will reveal the actual fact about the presidential election.He didn't win the election.
I disagree with this one o. Afterall, dem never raise him matter. No be naija be this?
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by slimfit1(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2023
ruffhandu:

Definitely. But if I were him, I would receive the certificate first. Then when I assume office as COS, I resign the other.

God works in mysterious ways bro.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by tempest01(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Government of crooks and former drug lords.

The fabric, ethos, and morals of the country about to get destroyed if we let this travesty stand.
Re: Gbajabiamila Rejects Certificate Of Return And Gets New Appointment by Vivianat(f): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
tongue Peter Obi would have loved the position

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Meet The Nigerian Lawyer That Has Never Lost An Election / Lt-gen Akinrinade Regrets Fighting Civil War / Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.