Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes (16789 Views)

Ogun Govt to Revoke CofO Of Any Commercial Outlet Rejecting Old Naira Notes / Ogun Government Threaten To Shut Commercial Banks Rejecting Old Naira Notes / States, Police Clamp Down On Traders Rejecting Old Notes (2) (3) (4)

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by hohafrank(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why? Useless governor.Why can't you arrest Buhari that gave the order not to collect old Naira notes?
Fool.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by sparko1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
odoemenacelevian:
We have really suffered in this country..
Can you imagine a governor arresting citizen for rejecting old Naira...
Come and arrest me.
The same guys disobey court order would want us to obey it..
Leadership start from the head
The Judicial has been reduced to a laughing stock by BUHARI regime..
I believe Peter Obi government would strengthen it..

Peter Obi government in 9 nine years, come on now, let's talk of Tinubu government first.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Angelfrost(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
In sane climes

Emiefele will face live prosecution for the failures of this policy alone.

Every day in handcuffs and prisons clothes with cameras he would be explaining himself.

How can i earn say 20k a month.

for me to exchange my salary for cash i will get 16k.

What a waste.

In saner climes, there will be no Emefiele... Why?!! The president would know better than have such in his appointment!

Emefiele has never acted independently!

He has been backed by powers from above!
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by DonUmeh(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
Misplaced priorities. He should go and force the banks to accept the old notes.

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Brushstrokes20: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
The diabolic duo of buhari and emeFAILURE are SERIAL LAW BREAKERS and common CRIMINALS! undecided

Their long overdue WATERLOO beckons!

# Satanic govt of self serving SADISTIC SCUMS!
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Quest7777: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
In sane climes

Every day in handcuffs and prisons clothes with cameras he would be explaining himself.

What a waste.

But why blame Emefiele the servant & leave Buhari the President & Commander in Chief?
Some say Buhari was deceived by Emefiele. So why hasn't he been sacked by Buhari?

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by zedegit: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/10/kogi-govt-orders-arrest-of-persons-businesses-rejecting-old-naira-notes/

How did Kogi people end up with this man?

Our leaders are not sensible. They chase shadows.

He should arrest Emefiele and Buhari but he can't. Why not all banks giving out old notes which they refuse to accept back.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Omoalaji12: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
first of all, what was the [url=https://hubforjobs.com/how-to-apply-for-cbn-recruitmentCBN governor[/url] thinking before implementing this and not giving enough Naira for the people. And they they are not giving any press conference about what is the new plan like they were when wanted to change the money. This is sad that people go to work, get a job, especially in lagos and can't spend their money. Sad.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by princeade86(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You said it all. Our leaders are capitalizing on the stupidity of the majority of Nigerians who just love to remain as slaves.
they divided us thru religion and ethnics and succeed in it. Very sad that many youths still reasons like infant. Once they are supporting any politicians, they carry it for head like gala. Obj as a Yoruba man ruled for 16 years, what is his achievement to Yoruba man. Jonathan ruled for 6 years as a niger Delta man, what did he do to his town? Buhari, as president for 8 years, what is his achievement in katsina? Forget about tribalism, let vote for who can lead us thru or try his best. Even if the person will be a woman, so be it. We will be shouting is a Yoruba man, is a Hausa Fulani, or Igbo. We need to move away from this mentality if we want Nigeria to move forward. They are playing with ur mentality, and u fell for it. Yahaya Bello wife was declared wanted, yet she went to aso rock. Is there no efcc in Abuja again? Is she above the law?
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
If you arrest them, which court will you take them to. That they did what the President ask?
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by yusluvad(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
In sane climes

What a waste.

It can't be said better than this. Apt!
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by emilo2bad: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nwaezeudo:
What has this so called youth governor done for the people of Kogi? Living lavish lifestyle, the wife, nephew et al stealing billions without batting an eyelid. Now he wants to force them to start collecting old naira notes against the CBN directives! Mehn this country sef eeehn.....

Anyways the Iragbiji criminal should never let anything happen to that certificate he stole. Peter Gregory Obi is the rightful owner kiss
patient of post election defeat stress trauma PEDST
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Electrokco: 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
How many banks have they been able to arrest for not collecting the old cash
This guy's should shut up and seat down
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Davidkings878: 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
sleek214:
Rubbish. It won't work. Old N500 & N1,000 is illegal until Buhari/CBN Say otherwise.

It's either you are illiterate or maybe still in secondary school...... It's only in Nigeria that supreme court will give an order and you will be waiting for president to talk..... Disobeying the ruling of the supreme court is a punishable offence on its own...

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Sthandawasam(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
God help us in this country
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by oyeb15: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
If banks collect it, filling stations will and everyone will.

It mustn't be your last card money. U first push it and if rejected,you push forward d new one.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by timibare(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
I trust banks in kogi, Monday morning, dey would stop operation.....if u wanna bank go to the neighbouring states
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Owaincouncil: 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
In sane climes

What a waste.

They are very nice in your area. For my area, the best you can get from your 20k salary is ratio 60/40. That is 12k for you and 8k for the POS guy.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by kennethesan(m): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
O funny. Just like that?
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Basiliun: 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Good move, how I wish other Governors will follow suit to aliviata the sufferings of the masses
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by ufotunang: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Arrest Buhari and CBN governor... they are the problem..they refused to obey court order by telling nigerians that the old naira notes are legal tender
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by soullove1881(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
People not persons
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by SeanMalik: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
HELLO!
Do you not also think that "YOU ARE GONE?"
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by biridon(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mad Yahaya
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Ken4Christ: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
princeade86:
they divided us thru religion and ethnics and succeed in it. Very sad that many youths still reasons like infant. Once they are supporting any politicians, they carry it for head like gala. Obj as a Yoruba man ruled for 16 years, what is his achievement to Yoruba man. Jonathan ruled for 6 years as a niger Delta man, what did he do to his town? Buhari, as president for 8 years, what is his achievement in katsina? Forget about tribalism, let vote for who can lead us thru or try his best. Even if the person will be a woman, so be it. We will be shouting is a Yoruba man, is a Hausa Fulani, or Igbo. We need to move away from this mentality if we want Nigeria to move forward. They are playing with ur mentality, and u fell for it. Yahaya Bello wife was declared wanted, yet she went to aso rock. Is there no efcc in Abuja again? Is she above the law?

You are very correct. Three observations you made;

1. Obj didn't do anything notable for the Yorubas.

2. GEJ impact was not felt in Niger Delta, even in his own town.

3. The North can't mention what this present administration has done for them either.

Most politicians are just after their personal interests.

This is why most youths opted for Peter Obi. Even those in the north voted for him. He may not do any magic. But he has a trait for integrity and prudence
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Fearyourcreator: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Racoon:
Imagine! A policy everyone is confused about.Even the president is not obeying the supreme court how much more the poor citizens down the ladder.
You were happy he didn't obey before na
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by poseidon12: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nonsense.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by bisqit: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
biridon:
Mad Yahaya
hi, help with advice. I got this job offer. Mon to saturday, 9 to 6pm. Is it okay

Obaseki Inspects Ongoing Ekehuan Road Construction (Photos) / Expect Gains Of Fuel Price Hike In One Month – IPMAN / INEC: Why We Accepted List Of APC Candidates From Rivers