Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) (1152 Views)

Pictures Of Grandparents Smilling In Peter Obi Rally In Akure / Sowore: Don't We Get Tired Of Punishment People Who Vote APC Love Suffering / Many Lagosians Are Suffering And Smilling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
This country is so frustrating. If not for my kids, many times I have contemplated suicide as an alternative. Survival gets harder by the day. Who have we offended? I"m beginning to believe if Nigeria is not hell fire, then hell fire does not exist anywhere.

The money in the attached picture is N5000 and I paid in total N6750 to get the N5000 cash. That is I was charged N1750 for me to collect N5000. Those who wanted 10k cash were charged N3500. 20k cash were charged N7000. Is this the Nigeria of our dreams?

Meanwhile, I resorted to this after series of frustration from the bank. 7k was my balance in the account and for many days, I have been trying to withdraw the money from the counter or ATM to no avail. My kids and I have been hungry all these days due to no money to buy food items. Today, as early as 6am, I was at the bank waiting for them to open. They opened by 8:am with an announcement that no cash to pay. Personally, dispite their announcement, i tried my best to see if i can get cash privately from them. I staged a protest in the banking hall yet nothing came out. They maintained no cash, until I left with anger and frustration. Without alternative option, I went to the POS to withdraw the cash which was all that I've got. Upon that, i trekked a long distance before I could see a POS that pays cash. Sad. Really sad where Nigerians find themselves today. We are made to suffer the more. While other countries do things to make life better for their citizens, Nigeria is suffering its own citizens the more.

Millions of Nigerians are facing the same thing but everyone behaves as though all is well. 50% of what we are facing today in Nigeria won't happen in some countries and there would be serious crisis in the country. Crisis that would have government officials running for their lives.

Why do Nigerians love suffering and smiling? I'm tired. Which way?

8 Likes

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
And I learnt its about to be 50/50. That is, you pay N5000 to get N5000. Perhaps next week will come to see that.

What is going on in the country?

Why is the government starving and frustrating citizens?
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
How is the situation in your area?/
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by LikeAking: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Naso life be... Just make this money.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Dreal1247: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
We pray that the country doesn't explode as the system is gradually heating up.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dreal1247:
We pray that the country doesn't explode as the system is gradually heating up.

The way it is going, I'm afraid.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by sekundosekundo: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Those of us that witnessed when Buhari was the head of state are not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
sekundosekundo:
Those of us that witnessed when Buhari was the head of state are not surprised.

I heard so too. He came back to make things worst.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by heniford2: 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Pick up arms that's how other country do if the government start misbehaving either you protest or you revolt or u pick up arms to survive

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why are Nigerians docile?

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by surgical: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
OnceADay:
This country is so frustrating. If not for my kids, many times I have contemplated suicide as an alternative. Survival gets harder by the day. Who have we offended? I"m beginning to believe if Nigeria is not hell fire, then hell fire does not exist anywhere.

The money in the attached picture is N5000 and I paid in total N6750 to get the N5000 cash. That is I was charged N1750 for me to collect N5000. Those who wanted 10k cash were charged N3500. 20k cash were charged N7000. Is this the Nigeria of our dreams?

Meanwhile, I resorted to this after series of frustration from the bank. 7k was my balance in the account and for many days, I have been trying to withdraw the money from the counter or ATM to no avail. My kids and I have been hungry all these days due to no money to buy food items. Today, as early as 6am, I was at the bank waiting for them to open. They opened by 8:am with an announcement that no cash to pay. Personally, dispite their announcement, i tried my best to see if i can get cash privately from them. I staged a protest in the banking hall yet nothing came out. They maintained no cash, until I left with anger and frustration. Without alternative option, I went to the POS to withdraw the cash which was all that I've got. Upon that, i trekked a long distance before I could see a POS that pays cash. Sad. Really sad where Nigerians find themselves today. We are made to suffer the more. While other countries do things to make life better for their citizens, Nigeria is suffering its own citizens the more.

Millions of Nigerians are facing the same thing but everyone behaves as though all is well. 50% of what we are facing today in Nigeria won't happen in some countries and there would be serious crisis in the country. Crisis that would have government officials running for their lives.

Why do Nigerians love suffering and smiling? I'm tired. Which way?
your observation is correct Nigeria is he'll, he'll is a congregation of people with similar evil characters who will be at each other until they wear themselves out ,and maybe learnt their lessons and change for good
The people that are not reacting have similar characters they don't feel thesame hurt you feel,some are probably enjoying it
To many its normal, those who see it as bad are the ones they see as abnormal, things will not change soon,Nigeria started going down the day buhari was elected, it is very evident today, now he has conducted a sham election to put his kind there ,what would you expect, and there is no escape through change of government because Tinubu does not believe in free and fair election, so the circle of evil men and government is going to continue, for you to recognise the situation means you don't belong to this he'll, find your way out before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by owunabastard: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
You are very right, the one that surprise me most is rejecting old naira notes they are asked to spend by SC. Reason is waiting for Buhari or CBN governor to talk first. That is the time I know that Nigerian Citizens love suffering. Everybody acting as it is normal to leave life this way. Well let's see how this will end. But what I am very sure is that when we are tired, we must accept the SC rulings
surgical:
your observation is correct Nigeria is he'll, he'll is a congregation of people with similar evil characters who will be at each other until they wear themselves out ,and maybe learnt their lessons and change for good
The people that are not reacting have similar characters they don't feel thesame hurt you feel,some are probably enjoying it
To many its normal, those who see it as bad are the ones they see as abnormal, things will not change soon,Nigeria started going down the day buhari was elected, it is very evident today, now he has conducted a sham election to put his kind there ,what would you expect, and there is no escape through change of government because Tinubu does not believe in free and fair election, so the circle of evil men and government is going to continue, for you to recognise the situation means you don't belong to this he'll, find your way out before it is too late.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by tungamaje: 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
I am beginning to agree that black men are sub humans. What I see happening in the biggest black nation Nigeria indeed shows black people are yet to get fully evolved. You would see that some fellows would even come here to insult the OP for baring his mind on how frustrating the country has become and call him a wailer. I use to tell people that the way things are going Nigeria would never rise above this level even in the next hundred years. It is really pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by surgical: 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
owunabastard:
You are very right, the one that surprise me most is rejecting old naira notes they are asked to spend by SC. Reason is waiting for Buhari or CBN governor to talk first. That is the time I know that Nigerian Citizens love suffering. Everybody acting as it is normal to leave life this way. Well let's see how this will end. But what I am very sure is that when we are tired, we must accept the SC rulings
how can one wait for ones jailor's permission to leave after one has been set free is that not madness and an acceptance of his oppressive behaviour
The government derives its power and legitimacy from the people not the other way round
How can they wait for Buhari whose past time is how to inflict more pain and hardship on them
The supreme court decision and his refusal to do anything about present Nigerians the opportunity to disobey him and let him be the one that will be fighting for legitimacy and relevance
Nigerians real give Buhari too much attention he does not deserve, I don't understand how people can love ,respect and obey their oppressors and punisher

2 Likes

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Raysleek: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Buhari is a leader that isn't sensitive to the plight of the citizens. We haven't still learnt our lesson and we still have APC a huge number of votes. Mean while send your details make I send you small thing

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
owunabastard:

Even some of the banks that started paying out the old notes have now refused to accept deposit of the old notes. The citizens are not helping matters. Unbearable frustration on everybody's face. I'm just tired. So tired.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
surgical:

Like seriously, I wish I have the means to travel out. I wouldn't need a second thought to do that.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Raysleek:
Buhari is a leader that isn't sensitive to the plight of the citizens. We haven't still learnt our lesson and we still have APC a huge number of votes. Mean while send your details make I send you small thing

Sir, I don't think APC can truthfully boast of clinching the election victory by earning the majority of votes from Nigerians. No sane Nigerian would have left his house in the last election to go vote for APC in the face of all we are facing as a people. For the latter part of your post, please I will appreciate.
447 2031501, Ecobank, Samuel
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Neverslumber(f): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
We are finished in this country. Nigerians are just so docile.

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 12:24am On Mar 11, 2023
Raysleek:

Hello, I submitted the required details.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Raysleek: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2023
OnceADay:

Hello, I submitted the required details.
Done o. Pls confirm
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Parachoko: 8:49am On Mar 11, 2023
When I dey complain about this before the election

Some people were telling me I am only complaining because is affecting my candidate.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
Raysleek:

Done o. Pls confirm

Thank you very much sir, though I'm yet to receive anything. I will let you know when I confirm it
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Raysleek: 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
OnceADay:

Thank you very much sir, though I'm yet to receive anything.

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
[quote author=Raysleek post=121657065][/quote]

It should be network then. Thank you very much. God bless you.
Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by Houseontherock1: 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Batists;
This cash mop up is affecting us
We need cash to run the economy
Give us our cash back
Naira redisign is an anti-people policy

Obidients
It's for your own good
Only Tinubu urchins are complaining
There'll be no vote buying
Emefailure should mop up the remaining cash

Las las it will reach everyone undecided

1 Like

Re: Why do Nigerians love suffering and smilling? (Photo) by OnceADay: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
Raysleek:

Done o. Pls confirm

Confirmed. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi - The Pawn In The Chess Of Presidency / If Nigerians Can Purchase Fake Degrees In 2023, Tinubu Did Just That In 1979. / Responses: Before And After On Soludo Road Constructions In Akapaka Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.