Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? (9700 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Polynek(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2023
Kneeling down.
Shows respect and Total humility to the almighty GOD
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by immortalmortal: 10:26am On Mar 12, 2023
Bowing o...
And kneeling too...
She bows, I kneel
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Rodimi20000000: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2023
Standing up, eyes closed, shaking my head vigorously. Sometimes using my hand to scatter demons..

I find using my legs as draining my energy much

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by chatinent: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2023
The most prayerful country with the worse leaders and economy.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by NezzyMike: 10:33am On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
My least favourite posture while praying is lying down. It seems to be an invitation to sleep, especially when I'm feeling weak and tired.

I would be praying and the next thing, I'm dozing off. If I wake up and continue praying, I would keep dozing off.

If I don't get up and take up another prayer posture, especially walking, but continue lying down, I noticed that I usually won't be able to make any significant headway in my prayers. I would keep repeating myself until the sleep gets deeper to the point I'm completely cut off and not able to pray anymore for a while, only to later wake up later to realize that I haven't really left where I was before I started feeling sleepy.

It's just once in a while that I'm able to pray while lying down for a significant period without falling asleep, so although it is the most comfortable posture for my flesh, it seems the most dangerous to my spiritual life, because I am supposed to pray so that I wouldn't fall into temptation, for the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing according to Jesus.

Moreover my spirit is not always very comfortable with it because it often gives the impression that it's not a very humble way of appearing before God in prayer.

That's why it's the least favourite prayer posture for me, however that may not be the case for believers who have better experiences with that posture while praying, as someone here who once told me it's her favourite prayer posture, so it may be different strokes for different folks really when it comes to prayer postures.

If it doesn't make them sleep off after a while though, it's really good for them. I also wish I could learn how to do that myself.

God bless.

Lying posture is what I use when my heart is heavy...I depend on you Lord.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by 2paid2Bmad: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2023
Demons in human skinā€¦

Posture kor, rapture ni
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by BigYash: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Kisico:
Account no for transfer please
Give the offering to any little kid you see around you.. The very first one,you set your eyes on.. You're blessed
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Thosyn12(m): 10:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Laying down on bed, facing the wall.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Glocee(f): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Kneeing and walking depending on how I'm led
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Federalis: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2023
This

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by OlawaleBammie: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2023
i lie down, then sleep from there grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Ofiadiegwu: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Kneeling down, hands on my face.

(The humble posture)
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Tonytonex(m): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

For me, it's walking.

I just feel most prayerfully charged when I walking and praying.

Although it wasn't the posture I started my prayer life with, it's that which appeared to stick after having tried other postures overtime, as it seemed to be the most fitting and suitable for me while praying.

Perhaps it has something to do with the factor of sleep.

Sleep is perhaps the biggest threat to prayer.

The disciples of Christ missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime to pray with Jesus at the most crucial stage of His life and ministry on Earth because of sleep. Matthew 26:37-45

Though it was late at night, they ought to be praying at particular point in time, especially after Jesus asked them to watch with Him, but sleep made them miss out of that rare privilege.

That's why it's important not to fall asleep while praying, so that's one area where walking helps me a lot, because it's hard for me to fall asleep during prayer while the walking. Especially during midnight prayer when I need to be awake.

I noticed that once I stopped walking sometimes to rest a bit, and took up another posture, maybe kneeling down or sitting, no matter how I tried to shake my body to enable me remain awake, it's almost impossible for me not to fall asleep after a while.

So although I still utilize other postures while praying, like sitting, kneeling, prostrating or bowing down, etc. my favourite prayer posture is walking.

God bless.
That disciples example is off point.

The body was weak due to work/walking through the day. So it's was natural for them to fall asleep. Even Jesus said it. The spirit is willing but the body was weak.

Was Jesus walking when He was praying that night?
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2023
Tonytonex:
That disciples example is off point.

The body was weak due to work/walking through the day. So it's was natural for them to fall asleep. Even Jesus said it. The spirit is willing but the body was weak.

Was Jesus walking when He was praying that night?
No it isn't with respect to the point I was making there which is sleeping when one is meant to be praying. They were supposed to be praying as Jesus was, not sleeping, hence Jesus cautioning them about it. They didn't work more than Jesus, so that shouldn't be an excuse.

Also i never said they should have been walking but that it has helped me to avoid sleeping when praying so don't get it mixed up.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Rexxie234(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2023
Eyes open just looking. Who nor know go think sey i dey play undecided
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by phemmyfour: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

For me, it's walking.

I just feel most prayerfully charged when I walking and praying.

Although it wasn't the posture I started my prayer life with, it's that which appeared to stick after having tried other postures overtime, as it seemed to be the most fitting and suitable for me while praying.

Perhaps it has something to do with the factor of sleep.

Sleep is perhaps the biggest threat to prayer.

The disciples of Christ missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime to pray with Jesus at the most crucial stage of His life and ministry on Earth because of sleep. Matthew 26:37-45

Though it was late at night, they ought to be praying at particular point in time, especially after Jesus asked them to watch with Him, but sleep made them miss out of that rare privilege.

That's why it's important not to fall asleep while praying, so that's one area where walking helps me a lot, because it's hard for me to fall asleep during prayer while the walking. Especially during midnight prayer when I need to be awake.

I noticed that once I stopped walking sometimes to rest a bit, and took up another posture, maybe kneeling down or sitting, no matter how I tried to shake my body to enable me remain awake, it's almost impossible for me not to fall asleep after a while.

So although I still utilize other postures while praying, like sitting, kneeling, prostrating or bowing down, etc. my favourite prayer posture is walking.

God bless.
Irrelevant post....just rest if you're out of spiritual content
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by IbileIfe: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
On my knees in total submission and supplication to the one and only Almighty God JEHOVAH JIREH.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Lanre1st(m): 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Placing my head on the floor in total submission to the only true one God
Just try it and remain in that posture for about 5mins and experience a whole new experience with your creator

BOWING IS TOTAL SUBMISSION TO HIS ONENESS. Just imagine a person bowing to God in nothing less than 34times in a day
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by rhef(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
: :
mytime24:
as d spirit leads
cheesy
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by remsonik(f): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kneeling, walking and standing with my arms raised
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Parrot69: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
Doggy.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by naniawini(f): 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Lying down and crying šŸ˜¢
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Axis313(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
AntiChristian:
Putting my head on the floor is my best!
What an irony,from the same people calling the Muslims "head slammers".

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Princessdainty(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
Doggy
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by BnQoyyim(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
BOWING as Muslims do.

Numbers 20:6
VerseĀ Concepts
Then Moses and Aaron came in from the presence of the assembly to the doorway of the tent of meeting and fell on their faces. Then the glory of the Lord appeared to them;

1 Chronicles 29:20
VerseĀ Concepts
Then David said to all the assembly, ā€œNow bless the Lord your God.ā€ And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king.

Revelation 7:11
VerseĀ Concepts
And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

Genesis 17:3
VerseĀ Concepts
Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

Leviticus 9:24
VerseĀ Concepts
Then fire came out from before the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the portions of fat on the altar; and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.

Numbers 24:4
VerseĀ Concepts
The oracle of him who hears the words of God,
Who sees the vision of the Almighty,
Falling down, yet having his eyes uncovered,

1 Samuel 5:3
VerseĀ Concepts
When the Ashdodites arose early the next morning, behold, Dagon had fallen on his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord. So they took Dagon and set him in his place again.

1 Kings 18:39
VerseĀ Concepts
When all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, ā€œThe Lord, He is God; the Lord, He is God.ā€

Nehemiah 8:6
VerseĀ Concepts
Then Ezra blessed the Lord the great God. And all the people answered, ā€œAmen, Amen!ā€ while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Ezekiel 1:28
VerseĀ Concepts
As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

Matthew 2:11
VerseĀ Concepts
After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Imstrong2(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
Jsucre:
Depends on the prayer points
Like raising prayer against generational curses and familiar spirit you can assume the walking plus head shaking.. grin grin grin grin U can relate
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by President2001(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
All of the above
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Jsucre(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
Imstrong2:
Like raising prayer against generational curses and familiar spirit you can assume the walking plus head shaking.. grin grin grin grin U can relate
exactly bro, Those forces are wicked ones, we Ve to deal with them in a strong way. grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Positiveme2020: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
It depends on the situation I find myself

When time to run reach woman way carry big yansh go kW wetin she do herself
šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

I have to read this line twice . Wahala
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by clarion30(f): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
In my house I mostly sit down. Sometimes I kneel, walk on my knees.

Wherever quiet place you find yourself, pray!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians Beware Of Oprah's New Religion! / False prophet TB Joshua Caught Red Handed Editing His Prophecies!!! / If I Were An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.