Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

If I Were An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Were An Atheist (9694 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2013
Imagine I didn't believe in the existence of God, life would be so worthless to me and it would be of no value. I would wake up everyday wondering and trying to figure out the reason for my existence.

I would just be a product of probability, a random occurence, a by-product of s.ex from two hor.ny adults. Finally, I would get tired of life for it has no purpose, no reason for us to exist. I would have to go out with a b.ang, i would have to become very famous (actually infamous would be the case).

Since I have just one life to live, I have to be remembered for something right? I would create my own terrorist group (of course with affiliations to al-quaeda and other major terrorist groups). Together, we would cause havoc to the world; carefully, we would eliminate all major world leaders (of course, I would upload a video to youtube with my face clearly showing claiming responsibility for their deaths).

Also, I would incite a nuclear war that would be so catastrophic, the population of the whole world would dwindle into non-existence. The survivors would remember my name for ages to come, my name would be used to strike terror into the hearts of little children and adults alike.

Finally, I would become so famous, people for ages to come would remember me as the god of war (the man who changed the whole world by eliminating almost all population of the world).
-----------------------------

Pheeew, thanks be to God that I am not an atheist.

21 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2013
I'm not an atheist but i can't remember any terror in the world ever caused by atheists. Is it not Religious people that are causing most of the problems in the world?

49 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2013
Good morning Inspired,

I am of the opinion that we are what we choose to be. If you aren't a terrorist now, you wouldn't have been one if you had been an Atheist.

I believe if you had been an Atheist you would have had the same zeal you have now but the difference would be that instead of speaking up for your faith as a Christian, you would have been here speaking against it.

You are not the person you are now because of Christianity but rather you turned out this way because of the choices you made. Being a Christian is a choice!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:

Imagine I didn't believe in the existence of God, life would be so worthless to me and it would be of no value. I would wake up everyday wondering and trying to figure out the reason for my existence. I would just be a product of probability, a random occurence, a by-product of s.ex from two hor.ny adults.Finally, I would get tired of life for it has no purpose, no reason for us to exist.

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11, “I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.”
- Solomon, an atheist...

I would have to go out with a b.ang, i would have to become very famous (actually infamous would be the case). Since I have just one life to live, I have to be remembered for something right?
Judges 16
27 Now the temple was crowded with men and women; all the rulers of the Philistines were there, and on the roof were about
three thousand men and women watching Samson perform. 28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.
- About Samson, an atheist..

I would create my own terrorist group (of course with affiliations to al-quaeda and other major terrorist groups). Together, we would cause havoc to the world; carefully, we would eliminate all major world leaders (of course, I would upload a video to youtube with my face clearly showing claiming responsibility for their deaths).
2 Kings 9
5 When he arrived, he found the army officers sitting together. “I have a message for you, commander,” he said. “For which of us?” asked Jehu. “For you, commander,” he replied. 6 Jehu got up and went into the house. Then the prophet poured the oil on Jehu’s head and declared, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anoint you king over the LORD’s people Israel. 7 You are to destroy the house of Ahab your master, and I will avenge the blood of my servants the prophets and the blood of all the LORD’s servants shed by Jezebel. 8 The whole house of Ahab will perish. I will cut off from Ahab every last male in Israel—slave or free. [a] 9 I will make the house of Ahab like the house of Jeroboam son of Nebat and like the house of Baasha son of Ahijah. 10 As for Jezebel, dogs will devour her on the plot of ground at Jezreel, and no one will bury her.’” Then he opened the door and ran.
- Jehu, an atheist...

And finally, I would incite a nuclear war that would be so catastrophic, the population of the whole world would dwindle into non-existence. The survivors would remember my name for ages to come, my name would be used to strike terror into the hearts of little children and adults alike.Finally, I would become so famous, people for ages to come would remember me as the god of war (the man who changed the whole world by eliminating almost all population of the world).
Ezekiel 5:8 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself am against you, Jerusalem, and I will inflict punishment on you in the sight of the nations. 9 Because of all your
detestable idols, I will do to you what I have never done before and will never do again. 10 Therefore in your midst parents will eat their children, and children will eat their parents. I will inflict punishment on you and will scatter all your survivors to the winds. 11 Therefore as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, because you have defiled my sanctuary with all your vile images and detestable practices, I myself will shave you; I will not look on you with pity or spare you. 12 A third of your people will die of the plague or perish
by famine inside you; a third will fall by the sword outside your walls; and a third I will scatter to the winds and pursue with drawn sword. 13 “Then my anger will cease and my wrath against them will subside, and I will be avenged. And when I have spent my wrath on them, they will know that I the LORD have spoken in my zeal.
-Yahweh, an atheist...

Atheism, the reason the world's so violent and meaningless..

12 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by jayriginal: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2013
I would create my own terrorist group (of course with affiliations to al-quaeda and other major terrorist groups). Together, we would cause havoc to the world;

You do realise that the Al-qaueda people you seem to envy believe in God. You know that right? And you know that it is their belief that makes them willingly do what they do, dont you ?

Seriously though, if your belief is the only thing preventing you from committing these terrible acts, then you arent a good person. That is saying the least. sad

7 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2013
jayriginal:

You do realise that the Al-qaueda people you seem to envy believe in God. You know that right? And you know that it is their belief that makes them willingly do what they do, dont you ?

Seriously though, if your belief is the only thing preventing you from committing these terrible acts, then you arent a good person. That is saying the least. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/1170707/10-ways-how-know-religious
Re: If I Were An Atheist by jayriginal: 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^

LOL

Number 1 on your list.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
jayriginal: ^^

LOL

Number 1 on your list.

cheesy cheesy
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
This muskeeto knw bible no be small o!
shocked

@op... The post doesnt make sense. Theists commit crimes, and so does atheists.
The bible says 'the heart of man is desperately wicked, who cn knw it?'. Note 'the heart of man' nt 'the heart of an atheist. A good People who commit crimes supposely believe in God. You must knw that it takes more than just believing in God to his child and do good.
So... I quite disagree with you.

5 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bélla3: This muskeeto knw bible no be small o!
shocked

@op... The post doesnt make sense. Theists commit crimes, and so does atheists.
The bible says 'the heart of man is desperately wicked, who cn knw it?'. Note 'the heart of man' nt 'the heart of an atheist. A good People who commit crimes supposely believe in God. You must knw that it takes more than just believing in God to his child and do good.
So... I quite disagree with you.

thanks for telling the truth! cheesy
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
*facepalm* Seriously, I was just joking. I can never be an atheist and even if I became one, it wouldn't change who I am. Thanks @all for humouring me. Muskeeto really made me laugh.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
*facepalm* Seriously, I was just joking. I can never be an atheist and even if I became one, it wouldn't change who I am. Thanks @all for humouring me. Muskeeto really made me laugh.

See the liar?

After being debunked, he claims "I was only joking".

Mtchew.

5 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

thanks for telling the truth! cheesy
i always tell the truth... When i canwink
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
And I don't think a disbelief in God would really make someone do all that. I just feel atheism brings about hopelessness with their "no purpose for life" nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
If i dash u slap nw... See as you made me type serious reply.

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
If i dash u slap nw... See as you made me reply seriously.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the liar?

After being debunked, he claims "I was only joking".

Mtchew.
Is it possible for one man to eliminate all the world leaders without getting caught (not to mention uploading a video of himself online)
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
I was half serious while posting it. The worthlessness part is true about how I would feel. The other parts are just for effect.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
Is it possible for one man to eliminate all the world leaders without getting caught (not to mention uploading a video of himself online)

Were you not talking about your delusional atheist fantasy? Why does your murderous orgy have to follow logic?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Were you not talking about your delusional atheist fantasy? Why does your murderous orgy have to follow logic?
I thought you guys were all about logic?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
I thought you guys were all about logic?

Seriously bro? Seriously?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^^ What did you expect it to follow? if we are to seriously look at it, do you know that atheism could lead someone on such a path?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^^ What did you expect it to follow? if we are to seriously look at it, do you know that atheism could lead someone on such a path?

I give up sad
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up sad
Maybe I didn't understand you clearly. What exactly is your point?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by onetrack(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2013

I can't think of any atheists who have killed in the name of God but I can think of many believers who have done so!
Re: If I Were An Atheist by advocate666: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2013

Was that a god-inspired joke?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
no comment
Re: If I Were An Atheist by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bidam: no comment
That was a comment

advocate666:

Was that a god-inspired joke?
maybe.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by MrAnony1(m): 3:20am On Jan 24, 2013
And I don't think a disbelief in God would really make someone do all that. I just feel atheism brings about hopelessness with their "no purpose for life" nonsense.
I believe the part in bold is the main point the op was making.

For which muskeeto replied:
musKeeto: Ecclesiastes 2:10-11, “I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.”
- Solomon, an atheist...
I find it very interesting that muskeeto would post this because Ecclesiates is a very wonderful book that concludes with these words

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.
For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.

- Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

My dear friend muskeeto, the theme of the bible is the same. It is a very curious thing that you would quote mine such a beautiful book in order to contest the exact point the book is actually making.

My advice is go and pick up the book of Ecclesiastes and read it all through like you would a novel or some other similar piece of literature. Then read about Solomon's life and how his life influenced his writing. Take some time to actually give it an in depth study and hopefully, you will have a much more accurate understanding and appreciation of the book after you have done this.

There is a world of difference between knowing the bible and merely knowing bible verses.

11 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 24, 2013
This guy, don't you get the point?
You don't have to be an atheist to feel life's meaningless.

There's a whole world of difference between reading a reply and comprehending it.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 24, 2013
musKeeto: This guy, don't you get the point?
You don't have to be an atheist to feel life's meaningless.

There's a whole world of difference between reading a reply and comprehending it.

Epic sir, just epic.

Muskeeto, you just know how to handle Anony

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor chris: Use The Name Of Jesus With Understanding / The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola / Watch Scary Moment A Man Who Act As Jesus Christ Fell From His Cross (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.