Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. (427 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. by Paradise2015(m): 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
I earn #250 as gross salary and #210 as net. My current house is rent #20k per month for one bedroom apartment and I spend average of #10 to #12k on transportation monthly. I was thinking of getting another apartment soon and this are my options, In my current area we have #20k for one bedroom apartment and #25k for two bedroom not new houses, as new house cost additional 5k for each. While there is a new building very close to my office no transport cost and #35k per month for a two bedroom apartment. Houses are hard to find close to my office and you have to pay extra minimum of #5k compared to my current location.
Note I have a wife and a daughter of 8months.
How much should one pay as house rent compared to your salary and Choices.
Kindly give reasons for any of the options.
Re: How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. by eddynaira125: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2023
The one closer to your office is good, provided you can afford it

Your Area. 25,000 for new house

Close to office. 35,000. For New house

Difference of #10,000

Road Accident. 0%

Please take this one closer to your office, if not that you are marry, u could have been able to give one of the bed room out

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
With your transport that is 32k per month, I think you should get the one close to your office though

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be Your House Rent To Your Salary. by JUMO95: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
being able to have easy access / transportation is always important.. when you consider the money, its just a little sacrifice for convenience

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story: How My Husband’s Siblings Almost Ruined My Marriage / Reactions After Woman Discovered Her Husband Is Not Circumcised / Girls Who Wear Torn Jeans Are Irresponsible. Don't Marry Them!!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.