Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed (486 Views)

My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed by kpaofame: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
Good Day, people of Nairaland, I am currently facing an issue that is making my head to spin,

I moved into an apartment few months ago, and the first week I entered the light was cut by PHCN, I contacted the agent and the light was fixed about a week later with the promise that the property owner have applied for pre-paid for the apartment.

I was to pay for direct connection till the meter is out, fast forward to Late feb, the Landlady son came to tell me that they have fixed the meter and gave me the card, The card and the meter was old, I allayed my concerns to him and he reassured me that it is working properly.
I had light the day after the meter was fixed and assumed it was the unit that came with it, I recharged the card but was unable to load it to the meter, I gave it to (landlady son) and he also could not load it, he promised to fix it.

The next week when I came back from work, (landlady son) came to notify me that my light have been cut by PHCN that the meter was bypassed. “Oga who bypassed it” he retorted that it maybe the people who connected it, apparently they got someone else to do the connection and not PHCN staff, but he is claiming it is the agent that did it and there is nothing he can do about it.

PHCN is asking for a huge fee to reconnect the light, (Landlady is not around- based abroad), her son said he is not involved, I should relate with the agent, agent is claiming it is PHCN staff he used and don’t know it was bypassed. Over two weeks nothing have been done to reconnect the light.

How best can I go about this, I can’t continue to stay in darkness
Re: MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed by Chinecherem2468: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Wow
Re: MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed by JASONjnr(m): 12:08am On Mar 13, 2023
Try to reach out to the landlady directly and explain the consequences of living in her house without light....

If the issue persist, you sue or you get a generator or you ask for a refund and move it...

My best option is to sue them!
Re: MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed by NoToPile: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2023
JASONjnr:
Try to reach out to the landlady directly and explain the consequences of living in her house without light....

If the issue persist, you sue or you get a generator or you ask for a refund and move it...

My best option is to sue them!

Sue who?

The agent, the landladys son, the landlady abroad or the Phcn guy who they are accusing of bypassing the meter?

Who is he sueing amongst all of them

1 Like

Re: MY HOUSE DILEMMA - Advice Needed by frozen70(f): 7:06am On Mar 13, 2023
kpaofame:
Good Day, people of Nairaland, I am currently facing an issue that is making my head to spin,

I moved into an apartment few months ago, and the first week I entered the light was cut by PHCN, I contacted the agent and the light was fixed about a week later with the promise that the property owner have applied for pre-paid for the apartment.

I was to pay for direct connection till the meter is out, fast forward to Late feb, the Landlady son came to tell me that they have fixed the meter and gave me the card, The card and the meter was old, I allayed my concerns to him and he reassured me that it is working properly.
I had light the day after the meter was fixed and assumed it was the unit that came with it, I recharged the card but was unable to load it to the meter, I gave it to (landlady son) and he also could not load it, he promised to fix it.

The next week when I came back from work, (landlady son) came to notify me that my light have been cut by PHCN that the meter was bypassed. “Oga who bypassed it” he retorted that it maybe the people who connected it, apparently they got someone else to do the connection and not PHCN staff, but he is claiming it is the agent that did it and there is nothing he can do about it.

PHCN is asking for a huge fee to reconnect the light, (Landlady is not around- based abroad), her son said he is not involved, I should relate with the agent, agent is claiming it is PHCN staff he used and don’t know it was bypassed. Over two weeks nothing have been done to reconnect the light.

How best can I go about this, I can’t continue to stay in darkness

You did not state the amount the PHCN are requesting

The PHCN should come and trace the bye pass to be sure it was not from your apartment

If you it's not from your apartment then you can't be asked to pay

But if it's from your apartment, discuss with the agent to inform the landlord,

who may pay or ask both of you to share the bill then you pay and deduct it from your next rent

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg, Wife Welcome Third Child / Children's Maths Question That Seems Simple Is Leaving People Stumped / Judge This Matter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.